PDA

View Full Version : The "Meeting"

rackmup
05-15-2002, 10:10 AM
The Introduction by the Counselor

"I want to thank everyone for attending today's meeting. This will be your first step in your long road to recovery. I see we have a few new people. You sir...in the back row...reading the issue of Billiards Digest, which, by the way, is prohibited in these meetings. Would you like to stand and introduce yourself?"

The disheveled looking man in the back row

"Ummm...my name is [censored] and I live in Mansfield Texas."

The class

"Hi [censored]."

The Counselor

"[censored], how long have you been addicted to the CCB?"

Censored

"Ummm...well, I'm not really addicted. I just get bored and I go there to...ummm...learn about pool. I don't post much...I just read mostly."

The Counselor

"How many times have you posted and how often do you spend your time at the CCB?"

Censored

"I've only posted 399 times! I don't have a problem! I go there...umm...every morning for about an hour. Then I take the kids to school. Sometimes I come home for lunch and look at the CCB for about an hour...you know, just to look. Then I go back to work. When I get home, I get on the CCB for...I don't know...maybe 8 to 10 hours. No big deal."

The Counselor

"You have a problem [censored]. You need to admit it so you can begin to recover from it. We are here to help. Put your trust in us. We've all been there. How long has it been since your last CCB fix?"

Censored

"Ummm...right before I came in here. I plugged my laptop into the cigarette lighter, hooked my modem up through the cell phone and boom! I was on!"

The Class

(gasp) "A laptop? You've got it bad dude. I just do it at home."

The Counselor

"[censored], this is what I want you to do...go now to the pool hall. Play some pool, drink some beer. Take the edge off of your "need." Whenever you feel the need to log onto the CCB, go to a pool hall and drink beer instead. If you have to, and times like these call for drastic measures, drink so much that you cannot focus on the computer. This should help you. We wish you luck."

The Class

(in chorus) "Good luck [censored]."

I admit it. I'm now an affirmed "addict." God, have mercy on my soul.

Regards,

[censored]

Doctor_D
05-15-2002, 10:38 AM
Good afternoon Pookie:

You "need" all the mercy you can muster.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Cueless Joey
05-15-2002, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good afternoon Pookie:

You "need" all the mercy you can muster.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>..........
He needs to go to the Betty Ford Clinic for CCB-addicted fast. LOL

05-15-2002, 07:42 PM
Congratulations Ken! We all knew you'd come to no good in the end.