PDA

View Full Version : cleaning table cloth?

dvsmnstr
09-27-2004, 12:37 PM
hey everyone, I have a brunswick table at home I got for free.. it has 1" thick slate and the cloth is green. My girlfriends father owns a few houses and when one of the tennents moved out he left it and I was told I can have it.. so I have nowhere to put it .. I don't have a full basement and my mother did not go for the pool table/dinning room table idea /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif gotta hang on to it for a few more months till I move out.. So its in my yard in one of those 2 car garage canopy's.. next year I want to have the cloth redone but until then is there some kinda product I might already have at home that I could clean the cloth with?

Wally_in_Cincy
09-27-2004, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dvsmnstr:</font><hr> ...my mother did not go for the pool table/dinning room table idea /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif... <hr /></blockquote>

Wasn't it the Beastie Boys who said "parents just don't understand" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dvsmnstr:</font><hr>.. So its in my yard in one of those 2 car garage canopy's.. <hr /></blockquote>

are you saying it's under a roof but outdoors?

what part of the country?

dvsmnstr
09-27-2004, 01:31 PM
heh yea.. they don't understand!!

yea its under a roof but outside.. i'm in NJ so the winter time blow's but there really isn't much I can do.. someone suggested storage big enough to keep it together and play.. but don't really want to blow money on storage .. I could just goto a pool hall. It's nice in the summertime.. bbq's ect.. and just sometimes fun to go and play around.. hopefully my place will have somewhere big enough for it.

oh yea.. know of a way to clean it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif what would happen if I used a carpet cleaner on it?

66goat
09-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Wow, tough break on getting a free table and having nowhere to put it. I would say get a good cover and try to preserve the wood the best that you can until you can get it inside. Try this cleaner and let me know if you need a new cloth cheap. Good luck until you get that thing inside. David Hodges table cleaner (http://www.nineintheside.com/index.html?target=dept_131.html&amp;lang=en-us)

wolfdancer
09-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Outside is the worst place for a pool table. Slate, like wood, will absorb moisture, then warp, or worse. Since the table will have to be moved eventually, i'd suggest having someone take it apart, and at least store the slates upright in your garage. Broke down, the table will take up surprisingly little space.

Frank_Glenn
09-27-2004, 08:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 66goat:</font><hr> Wow, tough break on getting a free table and having nowhere to put it. I would say get a good cover and try to preserve the wood the best that you can until you can get it inside. Try this cleaner and let me know if you need a new cloth cheap. Good luck until you get that thing inside. David Hodges table cleaner (http://www.nineintheside.com/index.html?target=dept_131.html&amp;lang=en-us) <hr /></blockquote>

www.quick-clean.com (http://www.quick-clean.com) is another source for this and may have more info.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-28-2004, 06:13 AM
You need to get that thing inside. Do you know any body with a little extra space in their garage or basement?

JimS
09-29-2004, 05:55 AM
You are not "blowing money" by paying a few bucks to store a free pool table. GET THE DAMN THING INSIDE BEFORE WINTER! You have to show respect to a pool table. It's the law. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
09-29-2004, 06:27 AM
The Lawn? BAHAHAHAHAHA

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
09-29-2004, 06:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> You need to get that thing inside. Do you know any body with a little extra space in their garage or basement? <hr /></blockquote>

Maybe he's been watching too much Drew Carey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif