PDA

View Full Version : In honor of wolfdancer...

UWPoolGod
09-27-2004, 04:08 PM
...a return to The Reflector. The only reason I posted this one is because I played baseball with Buckbee's son.

BARN STANDOFF

Heidi Wallenborn, news director

A reported question about an out-of-season burn pile escalated to a point that a Chelatchie Prairie man shut himself up inside his barn with a rifle, and refused to drop his weapon and come out.

Fire District 10 firefighters responded to a neighbor complaint that Marvin Buckbee, 28814 NE Healy Rd., had an illegal burn on his property, officials said.

Once there, Buckbee reportedly "became combative, ordered the firefighters off his property and became argumentative," said County fire marshall David Lynam.

Fire officials called for police backup from Clark County Sheriff's Office. When deputies arrived, Buckbee reportedly came out of the barn holding a rifle, which he did not point at anyone, said fire marshall Jon Dunaway.

More backup was called, and law enforcement agencies from other cities responded, including the County's SWAT team.

Buckbee reportedly refused to put down the rifle after several commands, said Dunaway.

After about one hour, the siege was called off because the original offense is a misdemeanor, Lynam said. Officers left Buckbee in his barn with the door closed.

Officer reports will be filed with the Prosecuting Attorney's Office to see what, if any, charges will be filed, said Lynam.

"The situation was not worth escalating over a misdemeanor," Lynam said. "We're happy no one was hurt."

wolfdancer
09-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Hey, I read that article....and the sheriffs did the right thing...burn, baby, burn!!!!

Wally_in_Cincy
09-28-2004, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr>

...Officers left Buckbee in his barn with the door closed....
<hr /></blockquote>

As they say down South, "he's a good ole boy, he just drinks a little bit" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif