PDA

View Full Version : Predator shaft....warpin?

N8ball
09-28-2004, 12:43 AM
I was curious if a predator shaft is as susceptible to warp as a regular shaft? im not thinking its an unwarpable shaft but i was curious if because they way they are made if anythin is different. Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nate

Chopstick
09-28-2004, 07:49 AM
Yes, they will warp but you can straighten them yourself. I have been to the factory several times and I have seen them take a warped shaft and bend it back straight. They have a stand with a dial micrometer mounted on top. They spin the shaft by hand to find the high spot and then pull it down to straighten it. I tried it myself by rolling my shaft on a table to find the high spot, holding it down and pulling on the end, and it works just fine. Maybe the glue doesn't fully dry or something.

Troy
09-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Anything made from wood is susceptiple to warping. Even fiberglass coated shaftes can warp. The laminated construction may reduce this slightly.
Also, straightening a warped shaft is probably only a temporary fix. It will probably warp again the same way.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote N8ball:</font><hr> I was curious if a predator shaft is as susceptible to warp as a regular shaft? im not thinking its an unwarpable shaft but i was curious if because they way they are made if anythin is different. Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nate <hr /></blockquote>

N8ball
09-28-2004, 09:45 AM
MY buddy had a shaft that was warped pretty bad.....so we took and hung it in a room that was slightly humid and it seemed to straighten it out pretty good.
My problem is I sometimes leave my cues in my car (when i go to work and wanna shoot afterwards) and come out and they are really hot cause they've been in the sun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif i know thats not good and in the winter it has been the opposite but i havent really noticed anything from it....

Nate

Troy
09-28-2004, 10:37 AM
I think it highly unusual for his shaft to stay straight for a significant period of time. When it thoroughly dries, it will probably warp again. Maybe not as severely as it was, but it will probably warp.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote N8ball:</font><hr> MY buddy had a shaft that was warped pretty bad.....so we took and hung it in a room that was slightly humid and it seemed to straighten it out pretty good.

Nate <hr /></blockquote>