PDA

View Full Version : re: Pools image. . . .here we go again. . . .

heater451
05-15-2002, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: shojingod:</font><hr> Krusty does have a point in a certain way. He said it pretty up front do but when it comes to sport sponsorship which everybody here wants many of the things he mentioned are true.

To get the bucks we need a young virile healthy image. It's sucks but that's the facts. The top players need to promote not just the game but also the image of the game.

He is a little cold on the facts but none the less that is the way it is.

We want to make the Olympics. We want popular sponsorship. We want young people to be interested. Well time to do the changes needed to get there.

I said it before and I will say it again we have to make changes regarding image. RADICAL changes.

The head of TAP, APA, BCA should make clear cut rules regarding conduct, smoking, clothing, rules. Hell there should only be one body, not three. <hr></blockquote>

How many people in golf are young, besides Tiger Woods? Isn't he the exception to the rule?--And in regards to "virile" and "healthy", I'm sure that I am taking you too literally, but those words still apply to those well beyond their 20s. . . .

I understand the whole thinking behind selling pool with sex appeal, but why does everyone think that pool can be **fixed** overnight? "RADICALLY?" --Is this just our modern mentality (or just that of the youthful)?

If we assume that the image of the game needs changing, do we do it by changing the image of the players, or do we change the image of the players by changing the image of the game?

Assuming that "we" do wish change, has anyone tried a "top-down" approach? (I think there was a good start in a thread a while back, but the impetus appears to have died down.)

Doctor_D
05-15-2002, 11:05 AM
Good afternoon:

To steal a line from the movie "Pretty Woman"; "It is easy to clean up when you have money".

Serious investors, with serious money (we're talking 7 figures here) will make certain that the clean up is performed and complete.

Dr. D.