PDA

View Full Version : long time viewer/1st time poster

bomber
09-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Hey guys and gals. I have been reading you posts for a long time and felt like I needed to join your circle instead of "spying" on ya from the outside. I live in western kentucky and i teach govt/economics to high schoolers. I love teaching almost as much as i love pool. This is my first year of teaching...fresh out of college. I have been playing serious pool since I was 14. I love the game and love your posts...I hope that I can add just another view on the billiard world.

Bomber

Tom_In_Cincy
09-29-2004, 08:54 AM
Welcome Bomber,

Wester KY is a wonderful place. I have relatives on my wife's side that come from Paducah. Kentucky Lake and Barkley Lake and the "Land between the Lakes".

bomber
09-29-2004, 08:59 AM
thanks tom...i went to school at Murray State University which is near the lake area and also have a camper on the lake. West Kentucky is beautiful and I actually am living in Paducah. I teach at Ballard County High School...one of the prettiest counties in the nation. Paducah has some pretty decent players...you can get a good one pocket game in paducah.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Oy! Just what this board needs, another briar-hopper /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just kidding dude. Welcome aboard. You play banks? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bomber
09-29-2004, 09:14 AM
i play mostly one pocket, short rack and long rack backs. Those are about the only games i play anymore.

Eric.
09-29-2004, 09:22 AM
There's alot of room here. Thanks for stopping in and I'll look forward to your posts.

Eric

Deeman2
09-29-2004, 12:33 PM
So Bomber,

You have decided to quit that voyeur watching thing and jump in. I applaud your courage to admit you are from the land of "People with Challenged Teeth." My wife loves Kentucky and would give anything to live there. Her favorite horse race is there and she drags me to Churchill Downs on every possible excuse. Just a few rules to note, we don't allow certain firearms manufactured after 1983 and all "neculear" weapons (The Presidents spelling, not mine) must be stored in the Non-Pool Related Forum. Next: There was a guy on this forum we refer to as FL. Quoting him will engender you to many here and assure you a peaceful existence during your flight. Next: No whining about BCA, APA, DNA or the SPCA. Next: Subtract one level for every skill level any of claim to be, except Kalifornia, then subtract two. Next: Have a great time. Next: Ignore any of these rules you care to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

WELCOME

Deeman

Chris Cass
09-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Welcome aboard Bomber. I like what you've posted so far and think Kentucky is the right place to be come Jan. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-29-2004, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Subtract one level for every skill level any of claim to be, except Kalifornia, then subtract two <hr /></blockquote>

When I moved from Ohio to CA.. I improved the skill levle of both STATES.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
09-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi Bomber, welcome to the boards /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
09-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Welcome, Bomber!
A good group of folks here, and always glad to see new players join the game.
Chalk up!!!
Steve

cueball1950
09-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Pull up a chair. take off your shoes, sit by the fireplace and post away. welcome to our own little piece of the world. or is that peace....anywho.....WELCOME........mike

JimS
09-30-2004, 05:05 AM
Hey.

OnePocketChamp
09-30-2004, 05:59 AM
Nice to have you come in from the dark, welcome aboard. Here's a couple of tips to use for any new posts:
1. never make any negative comments about President Bush or Eg8r from Florida will eat you alive---just teasing Ed!!
2. remember when referring to those less fortunate posters who happen to live North of the Mason-Dixon line, they have feelings too---so no Yankee slurs, please----just teasing 9ballgirl.

Hope these help in your journey down this wonderful road.