PDA

View Full Version : which weight would you least like to give

bomber
09-29-2004, 10:20 AM
Im sure that this comes up a lot on many forums, but which would you give up when playing 9 ball.

1.Break
2.Last Two
3.Eight Ball
4.The two or three ball

Deeman2
09-29-2004, 10:55 AM
The title of the post is which you would least like to give up. I guess that's the Orange Crush for me.

Deeman

Perk
09-29-2004, 10:59 AM
I am never in a position to feel comfortable giving the breaks. All others mentioned could be a posibility, with the exception of the "Orange Crush" since that involves the break and huge weight....imo

Rod
09-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Doesn't really matter, it only matters depending on whom I'm playing. Tough question to answer without knowing my opponent. If a guy rarely runs a rack any of the first three is ok. Some jump on the break opportunity but for them it rarely makes a difference.

Rod

Dagwood
09-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Out of those four listed...I would have to say I don't like giving up the break the most. After that, it would have to be a ball spot. I'm most comfortable giving out a game on the wire, or last two (if playing by the rack and can't give a game on the wire). I've been burned too many times giving out ball spots and having the combo beast raise it's ugly head, or they make it 4 out of 7 times on the break. (just happened to a friend the other day) The breaks, well, it just messes with my head when I'm the one racking every game, regardless of whether I win or lose. Just my two cents.

Dags

Perk
09-29-2004, 12:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dagwood:</font><hr> The breaks, well, it just messes with my head when I'm the one racking every game, regardless of whether I win or lose.
Dags <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

Thats the truth there. Kinda takes the fun out of the game, and gives the feeling that you are getting rolled by racking everytime.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-29-2004, 12:55 PM
And here I thought you said you were a 1-Pkt player /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've avoided giving any spots in 9ball since the 70s.

But, if I were to give up a spot, it would probably just be the 'break'.

Chris Cass
09-29-2004, 12:55 PM
No question, the break.

C.C.

woody_968
09-29-2004, 02:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dagwood:</font><hr> The breaks, well, it just messes with my head when I'm the one racking every game, regardless of whether I win or lose. Just my two cents.

Dags <hr /></blockquote>

I hate to rack all night too! I win so few games I just hate to let someone else break when I finally win one /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric.
09-29-2004, 02:10 PM
So true, Rod. All four spots can be great or terrible depending on who you're playing. I fell the break is too big a spot to a runout player with a strong break. Then again, if you're playing someone that rarely gets out from the smack and usually dogs it by the 6, give him the 8 and the breaks. The 'last two' is stealing unless the opponent is closely match to you, which can be a non-spot if both of you tend to run out a decent amount of times. Spotting one ball isn't that big of a deal if it's the right ball for that player AND it's racked properly.

Eric &gt; 2 cents added

Bob_Jewett
09-29-2004, 02:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bomber:</font><hr>
1.Break
2.Last Two
3.Eight Ball
4.The two or three ball <hr /></blockquote>
All I can say is that the people who don't want to give up the break can break all night if I get the three ball. (That's the red one that comes after the blue one.) Come on over, and bet what you like.

Chris Cass
09-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Well, as much as I'd like to get into Bob' pocket I see his point. Your not always going to make a ball on the break. I just hate giving up control and some of the players I tend to play break a little too good.

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
09-29-2004, 10:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> So true, Rod. All four spots can be great or terrible depending on who you're playing. I fell the break is too big a spot to a runout player with a strong break. Then again, if you're playing someone that rarely gets out from the smack and usually dogs it by the 6, give him the 8 and the breaks. The 'last two' is stealing unless the opponent is closely match to you, which can be a non-spot if both of you tend to run out a decent amount of times. Spotting one ball isn't that big of a deal if it's the right ball for that player AND it's racked properly.

Eric &gt; 2 cents added <hr /></blockquote>

Yep it is Eric. You got to know who your playing. I've given up 6, 7, 8, and the breaks to someone who can run out. Not very consistent though. It's still a tough spot - I close my eyes when he breaks. LOL

If I'm in dead punch I win, if I haven't played much then he doesn't get the 6, or maybe the 7 too. He is playing better these days and I hate to pay and rack.

~~ rod, not playing much