PDA

View Full Version : Report Card, A+

Sid_Vicious
09-29-2004, 10:43 AM
I wanted to give y'all my student's success story following the 3 months of tutorage, so here it is. This was the first competition under the lights and in front of peers for her, she and her partner played 4, race to 2 sets, DBL elimination, they won 7 of 8 games and never was in the loser's side(of course.) She pocketed 6 of the 8, 8-balls herself, and even with a lengthy wait between the 3 and 4th round to get to the final set, her stroke and pocketing abilities remained solid. All in all, I was elated and proud to have been a part of it, but to have watched such a stellar(imo) first time competition from her, was a treat for sure. I'd have figured my chances of hitting the pick-6 lottery was better than seeing her run right into her zone on tourney night like that! Btw, her daughter praised her on some of the shots she'd made and she answered, "I simply don't remember any of them", gotsta love an answer like that, huh...sid /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
09-29-2004, 01:00 PM
All SMILES for you Sid, good feelings are suppose to be daily. At least that's what I try for.

Feel proud. I would.

Chris Cass
10-01-2004, 05:24 AM
Hi Sid,

I'll add to this and say that I'm really impressed with your ability to transfer thoughts into words to another. Teaching takes that ability and some. Especially patience with students. Scott and Randy have these qualities also. I too have the ability to transfer thought. The tough one for me is that when I get one that doesn't apply themselves and I feel they've waisted my time. I get this uncontrol eurge to beat their a$$. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Guess that's why I don't instruct.

Regards,

C.C.~~great job and kudos to your student for their hard work. it's nice to see a payback for both.