PDA

View Full Version : WPBA US Open

SPetty
09-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Okay, so women aren't allowed to enter the real USOpen because there's something called a WPBA USOpen for women.

Is it open to all women? Or do you have to win a qualifier? How would I enter if I wanted to?

Doctor_D
09-29-2004, 02:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Okay, so women aren't allowed to enter the real USOpen because there's something called a WPBA USOpen for women.

Is it open to all women? Or do you have to win a qualifier? How would I enter if I wanted to?
<hr /></blockquote>

Good evening:

The WPBA US Open is limited to a field of 64 players and, in order to be eligible to compete, you must be a WPBA Touring Professional, or have won a qualifier, or have received a sponsors exemption.

Dr. D.

Barbara
09-29-2004, 02:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Is it open to all women? Or do you have to win a qualifier? How would I enter if I wanted to?
<hr /></blockquote>

SPetty,

If you are not a WPBA Touring Pro or Active Pro, you must win a Qualifier for the event or be asked by the WPBA to fill a spot.

But it's not just any Regional Tour event, you must win the Qualifier of a santioned State Championship event of a Regional Tour.

And quite coincidentally, JPNEWT is having one this weekend in Binghamton. CarolNYC posted on this earlier.

Barbara

SPetty
09-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought.

So I can't play in the real USOpen because it's not really open, and I can't play in the Women's USOpen because it's not really open.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rip
09-29-2004, 03:40 PM
SPetty, I have a great idea. Let's go in as partners and sponsor our very own OPEN. Are you with me so far? Okay...it's OUR Open so that means OUR rules. What are OUR rules? Our rules are NO ONE CAN PLAY 'CAUSE IT'S A CLOSED OPEN! Are you in? This could be big! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Rip~believe it or not!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Thanks, that's what I thought.

So I can't play in the real USOpen because it's not really open, and I can't play in the Women's USOpen because it's not really open.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara
09-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Yep.

Barbara~~~doing my best WesK imitation...

SPetty
09-29-2004, 06:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> NO ONE CAN PLAY 'CAUSE IT'S A CLOSED OPEN! <hr /></blockquote>Okay, I'm with you on that. How about we offer a $1.5 million first prize, a $0.5 million second prize and pay down to 64th place which pays $50,000!

WooHoo!

Too bad it's a CLOSED OPEN! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

(You're so goofy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

Barbara
09-29-2004, 06:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> NO ONE CAN PLAY 'CAUSE IT'S A CLOSED OPEN! <hr /></blockquote>Okay, I'm with you on that. How about we offer a $1.5 million first prize, a $0.5 million second prize and pay down to 64th place which pays $50,000!

WooHoo!

(You're so goofy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif ) <hr /></blockquote>

Can I get in, too?? I've got some nuts for prizes also...

Barbara

cueball1950
09-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Se you this weekend Lady.....................mike

Rip
09-29-2004, 06:50 PM
It's on! I'll handle the arrangements with ESPN.
Rip~believe it or not!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> NO ONE CAN PLAY 'CAUSE IT'S A CLOSED OPEN! <hr /></blockquote>Okay, I'm with you on that. How about we offer a $1.5 million first prize, a $0.5 million second prize and pay down to 64th place which pays $50,000!

WooHoo!

(You're so goofy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) <hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
09-29-2004, 06:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Thanks, that's what I thought.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

What a strange game we have chosen to devote so much of our lives to! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rip
09-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Great plan. Every entry will receive a bag of nuts. Let me see...we're allowing no entries 'cuz it's a closed OPEN, so we'll need approximately zero bags of nuts. Check my math just to be sure, ok? This thing is going to be huge!
Rip~believe it not!

Chris Cass
09-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Will there be seeding?

C.C.~~I believe it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
09-29-2004, 08:10 PM
so let me get this straight. i pay no entry, cuz it is an open closed field. and i get no nuts since i paid no entry to get into this open closed field. right.....woohoo,,,sign me up... where is the hotel we can all not stay in. i got the number...1-800- NO ENTRY....I am definately in. i heard that the dates are the 12th thru the 32nd of NEVUARY. WOOHOO... Lets go hit em. a little. this will definately be the biggest and greatest non event of the year....mike

Rip
09-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Hi CC,
Seeding will be a tough one. But----since you're my partner in the Las Vegas Strip Pool Hall/Wedding Chapel--could you also handle being the official spokesperson for the CLOSED OPEN? Keep in mind since it is closed, you'll have no one to speak with about it but we need to fill the position!

Are you in? We need you buddy.
Rip~knows the Cassman is up to the challenge..believe it or else!

Rip
09-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Okay Cueball, you're in! Don't forget to sign in at the door. You'll know which door because it'll be the one that's CLOSED!
SPetty...can this guy be trusted? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rip~knows Mike is one of the good guys 'cuz I heard it thru the grapevine...and I'm just about to lose my mind..ooh ooh I heard it through the grapevine...dum dum dumdum dum dum dumdum dum dum...I never could carry much of a tune!

Rod
09-29-2004, 09:57 PM
No problem, I'll go there and invite you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

~~ rod, where is it? ha ha ha

cueball1950
09-29-2004, 10:39 PM
put my name down then erase it so i know i am in. but i need someone not to share a room with cuz the hotel charges double for these type on tournaments...So now all we gotta do is get MR. C. C. to be our tournament dictator and we gotta call diamond and have them not bring the tables and then we will be all set. And i hope i don't get a bye in the first round....Hey wait a minute... where is this not being held so i can cancel my airline flight /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.........mike

pooltchr
09-30-2004, 05:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> It's on! I'll handle the arrangements with ESPN.
Rip~believe it or not!

<hr /></blockquote>

Do you think you can get ESPN to not cover it for us????

Deeman2
09-30-2004, 05:41 AM
I got skirt, so we got game.....

Spetty, thanks for the Petty Point pictures.

Deeman

landshark77
09-30-2004, 01:51 PM
OK guys,

I want in too! I am quite glad that this OPEN is CLOSED, because the simple fact is I suck at pool...can I bring my bowling ball instead? It's like pool, but with a bigger ball and no stick.....

Chris Cass
09-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Why RIP,

I'd be happy to be the tournament spokesperson. I must admit this new format I'm trying is tough. The concept of starting with the loser bracket first is a hard sell. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~willing to work for Peacons. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
09-30-2004, 02:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rip:</font><hr> Okay Cueball, you're in! Don't forget to sign in at the door. You'll know which door because it'll be the one that's CLOSED!
SPetty...can this guy be trusted? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rip~knows Mike is one of the good guys 'cuz I heard it thru the grapevine...and I'm just about to lose my mind..ooh ooh I heard it through the grapevine...dum dum dumdum dum dum dumdum dum dum...I never could carry much of a tune! <hr /></blockquote>

I can definitely stand up for Mike, RIP. I know I can trust him as far as I can throw him. So, that shouldn't be a problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm open to all closed suggestions as spokesperson and although I didn't hear it through the grapevine? I have been know to lose my mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
09-30-2004, 03:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> put my name down then erase it so i know i am in. but i need someone not to share a room with cuz the hotel charges double for these type on tournaments...So now all we gotta do is get MR. C. C. to be our tournament dictator and we gotta call diamond and have them not bring the tables and then we will be all set. And i hope i don't get a bye in the first round....Hey wait a minute... where is this not being held so i can cancel my airline flight /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.........mike <hr /></blockquote>

Well Mike,

I'd be most happy to be the Tournament Dictater and Spokesperson for the event and gladly talk to Diamond about donating 400 of their finest tables for our closed Open event to the first 32 entrants.

We do have some tournament suggestions from some of the more Openly closed members that won't be attending the meeting.

1) smoking is a must.
2) topless shooting only.
3) bowling balls allowed however you can't force them down the pockets.
4) dancing allowed only near the corner pockets.
5) skirts allowed but legs must be unshaven.
6) refs must be intoxicated during matches.
7) Danny B is allowed to play but "Only" in the ring game.
8) butt checks must be exposed while stretching to make the ball.
9) Bob J. breaks for everyone.
10) Stretch must show "it" if he comes.
11) Southerners and Yankee' are allowed however, the Yankee' must stay in trailers and the Southerners must wear big gold chains with Caddilac hood ornaments dangling from them.
12) Eg8r and Qtech must bring their own debate teams.

Did I miss any? HAHHA Oh, Barry must bring is missing finger.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cueball1950
09-30-2004, 04:32 PM
OK chris..... women have to wear 6" heals with short micro mini skirts.
no eating Barbara"s nuts during a match
.............SPETTY muct have her little bottles of "T" to drink.
karatemom must come and leave the tournament dictator home.......lol

Chris Cass
09-30-2004, 10:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> OK chris..... women have to wear 6" heals with short micro mini skirts.
no eating Barbara"s nuts during a match
.............SPETTY muct have her little bottles of "T" to drink.
karatemom must come and leave the tournament dictator home.......lol <hr /></blockquote>

Mike, it wouldn't be a true closed open with only women allowed to wear the heels and micro mini'. That would have to change. I'll agree to the eating of nuts but will replace them with freeze pops like at the ccb open open.

Leaving the tournament dictater at home? Can't I just be dropped off at the ph?

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif talk about hijacking a thread. sheesh /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

DeannaMichelle
10-02-2004, 09:59 AM
OMG, you all are such a riot.
I don't post much, but I get a laugh out of reading these threads, LOL.

(: Thanks.
Dea