PDA

View Full Version : shaft not rolling straight on cue...

N8ball
09-30-2004, 01:27 AM
I just got a schon cue with a predator shaft and when i roll it with the 314 it has a wobble. when i just roll the shaft (314) it rolls great. When i roll it with the schon shaft it rolls fine. I also have a joss and put that shaft on the schon and it rolls ok so i know its not the joint pin. I dont think the 314 is warped, i just dont think it fits the schon that well. since its nor warped im not worried of it getting worse over time. Do you think its worth sending it back? I played with it and it plays great. anyone else have this problem? can relate? thanx.

Nate

rocky
09-30-2004, 07:21 AM
Take a good look at the facing of your but and shaft, make sure they are very clean. You may also have a shred of metal in your shaft that is preventing it from screwing down all the way. You might also want to check your pin. Roll your but on the side of a table so that the pin hangs off the side and watch for any horizontal movement as you roll the but. You can clean out your shaft insert q-tip. Try these things and see if any of them help.

Cueless Joey
09-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Since the other shafts roll with the butt fine, then it's the shaft.
Check the insert. Clean it. Take a good look at the facing. Make sure it's clean ( you can use Scotch brite to clean).
Blow air down the insert to make sure nothing is stuck in there ( use real strong air ).

doncartmill
09-30-2004, 09:59 AM
If the schon and Joss shafts both roll smoothly when attached to the schon butt, it makes more sense to check the face of the Predator shaft ,or that the predators insert is off center or skewed. You wouldn't think this possible in an expensive shaft like the predator,but stranger things have happened.

N8ball
10-01-2004, 01:34 AM
it looks ok, cant see anything noticible.......and it plays fine too but when buying something like that it should fit great. Its no biggie though, Im just sending it back and will get a new one. Will have to settle with the schon shaft till then which wont be a problem. Thank you a lot for ur replies.

JimS
10-01-2004, 04:47 AM
If you have another butt to attach to you might try that too. Then you'll know it's the shaft.

sliprock
10-02-2004, 11:25 AM
If you have a cue repair guy close, he can face off the shaft. It could be a litle unsquare, or it could have a little bit of clear coat on the face. It's a simple job and you won't be able to tell the difference. Hope this helps.