PDA

View Full Version : Party principles?

SPetty
09-30-2004, 10:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Democrats principles from another thread:</font><hr>keeping the government out of my morality, not imposing a religion on me or on our nations science, not thinking that macho is the way to solve everything, not favoring the rich over you and me, not sacrificing our environment for short term commercial gain, not glorifying consumption over conservation, not thumbing our nose at the rest of the world, etc.<hr /></blockquote>Is there a web site anywhere that concisely lists the principles of the major parties? Or maybe one that compares and contrasts the principles of the major parties?

Fair_Play
09-30-2004, 12:08 PM
DNC:
http://www.democrats.org/about/history.html
RNC:
http://www.nfrw.org/republicans/principles.htm

The trick is in figuring who actually sticks to the playbook...

All the Best,

Fair Play

Leviathan
10-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Hi, SPetty: I enjoyed reading about your adventures at the Open--glad you had a good time up there!

I think the best guide to the principles of the major American political parties is the recent historical record.

That record shows that one major party makes its appeal to people who want steady jobs with decent pay and working conditions; support for public education; support for programs that benefit elderly people--Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.; protection of civil rights and civil liberties; and environmental protection. Its basic program has been to provide concrete services to ordinary people. This is the bad commie godless disloyal un-American party.

The record shows that the other party represents the tax and regulatory interests of economic predators while making broader appeal to the "values" of racial and religious nuts, pissant chauvinists, and the millions of nice people who are highly susceptible to propaganda. Its program is to promote the welfare of rich people while blowing smoke at the general public. This is the good loyal patriotic American-values party.

AS

pooltchr
10-01-2004, 07:25 AM
Why not tell us what you REALLY think?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Troy
10-01-2004, 04:28 PM
DAMN !!! I was hoping from the title that this was about a PARTY...
How disappointing... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ross
10-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Hey, Spetty, how's it going girl? I like your quote about the Democratic principles. Oh yeah, I remember now -- I wrote it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross
10-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Leviathan, I think you summed it up eloquently!

The only part you left out is that one party does the "hard work" necessary to create mutual respect, to promote cooperation, and to build true coalitions among civilized countries to solve problems that affect the entire world. (This is the anti-American sell-out party).

The other party says FU to the rest of the world because it don't need no stinkin' cooperation or help since it is the biggest, baddest country of them all. (This is the "make us safe" party).

highsea
10-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Spetty, there is another way to look at it.

There is one party who believes that the individual cannot be trusted with serious decisions about their own security, finances, and the education of their children. They believe that only the Government is wise enough to make such lofty choices. You will recognize them as the ones who take your hard earned money and give it to people who do not choose to work as hard as you do. If you are successful, they will portray you as the opressor, and the people who they gave your money to as your victims, even though you have never met them.

When the education system fails your children, they will take more of your money and dump it into this failed system with the hope that it will somehow heal itself. This is not a problem, because there is lots more money where that came from.

They do not believe that you are capable of making decisions about protecting yourself and your family from criminal predators, so they will take away your means to do so. When they do this, they will explain that it's for your own good.

They do not believe that even themselves are capable of making sound decisions about the security of the nation, so they will share that responsibility with politicians from halfway around the world, who may not have your best interests at heart. They will have endless meetings, summits, and discussions about the problems without solving anything. All the while they will be telling you that they are making "progress".

They believe that trusting in the good will of your enemies is preferable to a strong military deterrent, so they will equip your armed forces with inferior equipment, trusting that it will never be needed.

(This is the "we really care about you" party)

The other party believes in personal responsibility and accountability. They believe if you work hard, you should be entitled to the rewards, and if you choose not to, that is your choice also, but they will not pay you extra for making that choice.

They believe that the government has already overburdened you with taxes, so they returned some of your money to you.

If your school system is failing your children, they believe you have the right to remove them from that system and place them elsewhere. They will not reward that school system for failing in their responsibility. If you choose to place your child in a private school, they believe the money allocated to the public school for your child should be returned to you to offset the cost of the private school.

They recognize that bad people exist in the world, and they believe in your right to protect yourself and your loved ones from harm. They will not penalize you for doing so.

They understand that from time to time, the security of the nation will be threatened from without, and believe that these times call for positive responses. To this end they will ensure that the armed forces of the country are the best trained, best equipped, and most effective in the world. By doing this, the enemies of your country will recognize the futility of attacking her, knowing that to do so will bring about their own downfall.

Just as an individual has responsibilities, so has a government. They believe that by working with like-minded nations towards mutual security, economic growth, and encouraging democratic systems of government around the world, that everyone will benefit.

(This is the "war-mongering, screw the rest of the world" party)