PDA

View Full Version : Staff Slip Gives Liquor to Children

Wally_in_Cincy
09-30-2004, 11:36 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58074-2004Sep28.html

It was not the sort of letter a school delights in sending home to its families.
"Dear Third, Fourth, and Fifth Grade Parents:

"It is with great regret that I tell you that your child may have been exposed to alcohol today at lunch," said the missive signed by Alexander Harvey IV, head of the private Alexandria Country Day School.

It was tequila and margarita mix, to be precise, left in the refrigerator in a pitcher and mistaken for limeade by kitchen staff, who poured it into small cups and served it to children as a lunch treat, he wrote.

Some youngsters didn't like the smell and declined; others took a sip and declared it "gross," /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif according to parents and Harvey.

An administrator who realized something was wrong started investigating, Harvey said, and quickly discovered that the limeade was really liquor -- although it is unclear why the kitchen staff didn't notice. It had been left over, he said, from a party two days earlier at the school for the staff, faculty and Board of Trustees.

The cups were collected, teachers were told and students were observed for any ill effects. There were none,

<font color="blue">Unappreciative punk kids /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

hondo
09-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Why was it in the school in the first place?
In most states liquor is prohibited on public
school premises. Interesting that the kids found
it gross. Alas, being Irish I find it quite tasty.

SPetty
09-30-2004, 12:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Alas, being Irish I find it quite tasty. <hr /></blockquote>Yep, nothing quite like that Irish tequila Magarita! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
09-30-2004, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Why was it in the school in the first place?

<font color="blue">" It had been left over, he said, from a party two days earlier at the school for the staff, faculty and Board of Trustees " </font color>

In most states liquor is prohibited on public
school premises.

<font color="blue">it's a private school </font color>

Interesting that the kids found
it gross. Alas, being Irish I find it quite tasty.

<font color="blue">What do you call the guy standing in the middle of 50 Irishmen?

<font color="red">The Bartender /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color> </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

dg-in-centralpa
09-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Damn I wish my cafeteria staff would have done that. Many years after I graduated, the girls would take lip gloss, empty it out, and fill it with whiskey or Schnapps. Most times it looked like lip gloss anyway. These were middle school girls no less.

DG - worst we ever did was smoke in the bathrooms

landshark77
09-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Huh, I thought schools now days had a ZERO tolerance for drugs, alcohol, and violence. Guess not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif