PDA

View Full Version : More Dirty Tricks from the RNC

Ross
09-30-2004, 01:15 PM
From the party that brought you McCain's "black baby" campaign:

RNC Says It Sent Mail Warning Bible Ban

Fri Sep 24, 7:38 PM ET

By DOUGLASS K. DANIEL, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The Republican National Committee acknowledged this week that it distributed campaign literature in West Virginia and Arkansas warning voters that liberals want to ban the Bible.

When reporters asked about the mailings on Sept. 17, RNC Chairman Ed Gillespie said he wasn't aware of the material and did not confirm that it was distributed by the GOP. However, Gillespie said it "could be the work" of the party.

Contacted Friday by The Associated Press, party spokeswoman Christine Iverson said the GOP had already acknowledged it was the source of the mass mailings.

The literature claims that "the liberal agenda includes removing 'under God' from the Pledge of Allegiance" and shows a Bible with the word "BANNED" across it. It also shows a photo of a man, on his knees, placing a ring on the hand of another man with the word "ALLOWED," a reference to same-sex marriage.

The mailing tells people to "vote Republican to protect our families" and defeat the "liberal agenda."

pooltchr
09-30-2004, 01:35 PM
Maybe they think pictures work better than the printed word in those two states. I think they are still trying to figure out what "is" is in Arkansas! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ross
09-30-2004, 01:40 PM
But what do you think about the RNC's tactics?

Fair_Play
09-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Ross: [ QUOTE ]
But what do you think about the RNC's tactics? <hr /></blockquote>

In a word? <font color="red"> Despicable!** </font color>

Would you say that this is what the Republican party stands for? It would be nice to think that neither party contained those who would stoop to dirty tricks...

"The humanity"

All the Best,

Fair Play

<font color="red"> ** </font color> of those involved in this stupidity

eg8r
09-30-2004, 03:42 PM
I don't personally believe this is the liberal agenda so I think it is a dirty trick. However, I do feel that the liberal agenda will cater to those willing to fight to allow gay marriages.

I don't think the liberals are going to try to have Bibles banned, this would be an insurmountable task and a waste of their energies. I do feel the liberal agenda will cater towards those who have a different standard for family values.

eg8r

hondo
10-01-2004, 05:23 AM
Ban my Bible!! That does it ; I'm voting for Bush.
P.S. I'm a dumbass West Virginian.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-01-2004, 06:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ross:</font><hr>
...a Bible with the word "BANNED" across it.....
<hr /></blockquote>

That's pretty bad. The rest of it I agree with /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back in 2000, although it was not the DNC doing it, there were commercials saying if you elect Bush more black churches will burn.

Then there was James Byrd's daughter saying that every time she thought about the fact that Bush had not passed hate crime legislation it was like reliving her father's death all over and it showed the bumper of a pickup with a chain attached.

She neglected to mention Bush had signed death warrants for his murderers /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This year there's a radio commercial aimed at urban blacks that calls Bush a "rich white boy that is trying to keep black guys from attending college". I have heard it.

pooltchr
10-01-2004, 07:17 AM
I think it is equally as bad as the DNC pushing the notion that if you vote for Bush, you will be voting for the draft. Both of them seem to be grasping at straws.

eg8r
10-01-2004, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is equally as bad as the DNC pushing the notion that if you vote for Bush, you will be voting for the draft. Both of them seem to be grasping at straws. <hr /></blockquote> Surely the Dems would not be doing the same thing, would they? The Dems are just as dirty in everything they have done this year. The only reason this is getting air time is because the Dems have been too dumb to be effective. They are throwing tons of money of away on their own lies and nothing has stuck.

eg8r