PDA

View Full Version : I thought the debate was boring....

eg8r
10-01-2004, 05:09 AM
I am not sure how I made it through the majority of the debate. Nothing really new was said except for some personal things about Kerry I did not know (trip to Russia, etc). Here was one error Kerry made that I would never have caught... [ QUOTE ]
Kerry also misspoke when he referred to looking at KGB records in "Treblinka Square" in a visit to Russia. Treblinka was a Nazi death camp. He meant Lubyanka Square... <hr /></blockquote> Is this the same thing as his pain seering trip to Cambodia? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I thought it was funny that they had to elevate Bush's portion of the side by side pics so that Bush did not look so short. The Fox guy tried to say it was because the camera guy was giving both men equal headroom, but I think it is because they just did not want Bush to look so short. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Chris Cass
10-01-2004, 05:50 AM
Hi Ed,

I never really have payed attention to your debates with Qtech so basically I don't know who's Rep or Demo. I know there's good and evil so you too are accepted too. lol

Anyway, about the debate. it appeared to me that Bush was very calm and came off more secure and mature. While Kerry seemed to want to attack. He even looked flustered to me like a guy sweating the money in a pool game.

I don't know who scored points with their comments or views but if you turn off the sound it's very clear who had confidence and who was lacking. I do this when I'm watching a pool match or even if the match is in the pool room and I know the players.

I can always tell who's winning and who is losing a match. Like #### says, Watch the dance. Body language is key to knowing who to bet on.

Regards,

C.C.

stickman
10-01-2004, 06:46 AM
I agree, it was boring, more of the same from both. It's too bad that we can't have a candidate that would be obviously better than either of them. I have to pick the lesser of two evils. At this point, it must be Bush. There was a time Kerry said that Saddam was contained and never an imminent threat. Later, he says that Saddam was a serious threat, Bush just didn't go about it the right way. The man still can't choose a side and stick with it. The (global test) remark was all telling. He obviously needs approval from other countries to decide a position. I can't trust a candidate that doesn't know his own mind. Is he a hawk or a dove? I still don't know.

highsea
10-01-2004, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr>Is he a hawk or a dove? I still don't know.<hr /></blockquote>Lol. He's a "chicken" dove. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
A dove who wants to act like a hawk. Kind of like putting leopard skin on a goat.

Funny, he says he wants to add two active duty divisions, but he won't deploy them to Iraq. Like we really need more soldiers in Germany??

stickman
10-01-2004, 08:02 AM
Kerry says that we should have never gone to Iraq, but we now must finish the job. At other times, he says that we should have gone there, but didn't do it the right way. I suspect that when the "food for oil" investigation is done, it will be abundantly clear why we couldn't count on support from some of our so called allies. The bottom line is, that we had to do what was in the best interest of our own government, not somebody else's. Did Kerry think another 16 or more resolutions would resolve the problem?

highsea
10-01-2004, 08:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr>I suspect that when the "food for oil" investigation is done, it will be abundantly clear why we couldn't count on support from some of our so called allies.<hr /></blockquote>It's already clear, to me anyway. Remember back in June when we uncovered the Iraqi fighter jets buried in the desert? Most of them were Su-22 (ground attack) fighters, but there was a Mig-25 Foxbat among them. This is one of Russia's most advanced fighters, capable of Mach 3+ at 75,000 feet. This particular A/C was a much improved version, designed for reconnaisance, and was equipped with advanced French avionics. This was the first time this plane had ever been seen by the West. Clearly a violation of the sanctions by both the Russians and the French. In addition, the Iraqi SAM system had been upgraded by the Chinese in the late 90's, with fiberoptic-linked Radars and automatic missile batteries, also in violation of the UN sanctions.

So it's not really any mystery why the French, Russians, and Chinese opposed the US on Iraq. What's also pretty clear is that these countries will not earn any criticism from the US over it. It wouldn't be "diplomatic".

Wally_in_Cincy
10-01-2004, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> ...There was a time Kerry said that Saddam was contained and never an imminent threat. Later, he says that Saddam was a serious threat, Bush just didn't go about it the right way. The man still can't choose a side and stick with it....<hr /></blockquote>

stickman,

On Good Morning America 2 days ago Diane Sawyer asked him if he thought the war was a mistake

Kerry said "Knowing what we know now, yes it was a mistake"

<font color="blue">WTF? How could we know in advance? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

She asked the question again and he said "it depends on how it turns out"

<font color="blue">LMAO. What a goofball /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. nothing like standing on your principles /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
</font color>