PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Expo....cant go.

Perk
10-01-2004, 06:04 AM
Yesterday I got a call from my friend that was supposed to be going with me to Chicago. He cant go. So now I have noone to go with. I had planned on him splitting cost of hotel for 3 nights, and now I wont be able to go.

I hate it when stuff like this happens. Get your hopes up, and then it feels like crap when a letdown happens. Looks like i might have to plan on the Glass City in November.

Chris Cass
10-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Perk,

I've been wanting to meet you. It's a shame you can't make it but maybe, it's for a good reason that things worked out the way they did. I've been wishing all week that I could go to that tourney posted by Little Chucky a few posts back.

That was the one in Poplar Bluff MO. Well, I knew my homeboy Jesse was going and was taking Tommy and Rod with. Well, 20 miles out of the tourney at around 3:30am this morning while driving down the two lane highway it happened.

They had a head-on collision. Turns out a woman that odviously fell asleep driving clipped a semi tractor trailer sending the truck inot their car. While it hit the front end on one side turning them sideways the woman poceeded to hit their vehicle on the other.

Tommy who was driving at the time has both hands broken and a few ribs. Jesse asleep in the front passenger side was only bruised as I know of. Rod, in the back seat drivers side hit the front seat so hard, that his jaw was broken and split his face from the nose to the chin wide open. He too along with everyone in the car had not been wearing seat belts.

The woman driving the other care is said to be in intensive care and in critical condition. Don't think she'll make it. The Mack truck driver suffered minor injuries. Jesse and Tommy refused to go to the hospital but later Tommy went.

I would have been in that same car. I'm glad I wasn't and Heide reminded me of how she didn't want me to go if I could.

So, maybe, things happen for a reason?

Regards,

C.C.~~none have insurance of course but at least the rental car did. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bob
10-03-2004, 06:50 AM
Perk,

If what you are looking for is some one to share a room with, I have a few possibilities. Don't want to say who over the internet, but I have several good people who are looking to share. Call me at 630-244-2900! Eydie Romano

DennyS
10-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Perk;
I'm sorry to hear that you're not attending the Midwest Expo. I know you have been looking forward to it for a long time now. I think it's great that Eydie is trying to help you. Hope that something will work out for you and if not i'll see you at the Glass City Open in November. Thanks

Popcorn
10-03-2004, 01:45 PM
It is also possible if you were with them it would not have happened. You might have changed the course of events that lead up to the accident. Of course you would never have know it, since the accident now didn't happen. Life is funny, I don't believe anything that happens is ever good or bad, it just is and is part of an never ending course of events, and we never know the values. Although a zillion thing have happened in my life I can trace one complete segment back to a meaningless conversation I had in a bar one afternoon. I often wonder how different things may be if I was not there or he was not there or who knows what. Maybe my life would be better, maybe worse, it would certainly different. All our lives are like George Bailey, we just don't know it.

dmgwalsh
10-03-2004, 06:43 PM
Chris- By the way, when are you and your family going to be there. I'm coming by on Saturday. Who in your family is playing and where will you all be saturday afternoon?

Dennis

Chris Cass
10-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Couldn't agree more. I watched each episode of, Back to the future. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
10-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Hi Dennis,

We'll be arriving Thurs and I'll be playing the 9 ball bar box tourney and the 8 ball event. Heide will be playing the 8 ball and Spike is playing the Junior event.

Sat? Don't know but when I do I'll let you know. See you there.

Regards,

C.C.~~wishes he just could play the 9 ft's only. maybe next time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Perk
10-04-2004, 06:01 AM
Left a message for you with a #. I will try to call you later today again. I am interested in sharing a room if avail.

Jeremy

Perk
10-04-2004, 06:03 AM
Chris,

Sorry to hear about that accident. Good thing you werent in the vehicle, but as stated, it might not have happened if you were. Glad there are no serious injuries.

As far as this expo goes, I am going to try to see about sharing a room with someone. I have left a message with Eydie. I definately can get lost by myself at a pool venue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully I will get to make it, and definately meet up with you and others that are present. I havent closed my reservations just yet. Still trying to make it work.

Perk
10-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Woohoo....talked with Eydie this morning, and it is set. I am officially going to the Open. THANK YOU Eydie...and thanks for the individual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

See yall Thursday!

Chris Cass
10-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately,

The female driving the cause of the accident won't make it as far as I know. Jess, went on to play the tourney and took 4th I believe and Tommy, doesn't have broken hands. They hurt some and I believe he has a broken arm. Rod, who I think is a jinx is still in the hospital. Hopefully, he'll be ok in a few.

Regards,

C.C.~~looking forward to seeing you. Aren't Bob and Eydie just the best? No question. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
10-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Thrilled that you're going to be able to make it. There is no doubt that Bob and Eydie would do anything they could to help someone else.

See you in a few days!

Heide

Chris Cass
10-05-2004, 09:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Thrilled that you're going to be able to make it. There is no doubt that Bob and Eydie would do anything they could to help someone else.

See you in a few days!

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

Yep K-Mom,

Unfortuanatly, some take advantage of them and stick it to them. The good thing is, it only happens once. It's a small world we live in and some will find that out soon.

Regards,

C.C.~~have known Bob for 20 yrs and he's always been straight-up. I've know his wife for only 4 maybe? She's fantastic.

Barbara
10-05-2004, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>Unfortuanatly, some take advantage of them and stick it to them. The good thing is, it only happens once. It's a small world we live in and some will find that out soon.
<hr /></blockquote>

Yep! Funny how that happens to be sooooo true. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara