PDA

View Full Version : jump cue reccomendations ,tips

justbrake
10-01-2004, 01:15 PM
any reccomendations on jump cues!, what tips are prefered, ferruletip one piece or tips alone,which jumps are your choice?

SpiderMan
10-01-2004, 02:00 PM
I think Sid may be offline for the weekend, but hopefully he'll chime in soon. I think he owns one of every model, and we've probably experimented with every kind of tip on each one. You name it, he's tried it, and that white man can jump.

SpiderMan

mr8ballme
10-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi I have tried all the jump cues on the market and i have to say that the Jacoby, Stelth and Omega are the best. I like the Jacboy on the valley bar tables best because of the brass ferral and the light weight of the stick. I can jume a ball with apart with this stick pretty easy. Its about $125.00 and is well worth it. On a big table they are all about the same. I have won eneough games to pay for it 10 times full. Hope this helps

Sid_Vicious
10-05-2004, 11:52 AM
I have tried several, and the one that is automatic in jumping ability from the first 5 minutes is the Lucasi, whole cost through the internet is hardly 50 bucks. The Stealth didn't dance for me without a tip change, and still it does not elevate whitie as easily as my Lucasi, generally speaking. I also like the Jumpin' James($100 buy if you are lucky), a friend has one and it is a pleasure to jump with, easy maybe as the Lucasi but I only jumped with it for 5 minutes or so. One Bunjee I tried with a real thin tip also jumped well. All in all I think the Lucasi for that kind of money, has to be a premier purchase for any undecided jump cue shopper. Everyone I let borrow mine liked it, and many of these players now own one. As far as tips goes, I'd select the synthetics, bakelite or the phenolic mixture such as the Raven tip. CC sent me one of the white ones and it pops balls into the air very well...sid~~~finds that the jump is predominently all in the tip selection

ABChad
10-05-2004, 12:14 PM
justbrake,

I recently purchased a Jerico jump/break to match my playing cue, and this thing is HOT!!! There are a lot of great jump cues, and a lot of great break cues, but this is the best combo cue I've ever used. It uses a phenolic tip, and a specially patented ferrule technology that transfer the most energy through the cue. Hardly any of your momentum is lost by absorption, and it doesn't have the "squirting" problem that most one piece ferrule/tip combos have. Let me put it to you this way, that cue has been banned from my league because I make too many balls on the break with it!!! (please take in to consideration that I'm about 5'8" 135, so I'm not some huge bruiser). What ever cue you choose, just make sure that YOU like it, everyone else can close their cans and buy their own! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif BTW, if you happen to be at the Midwest Expo this week, let me know, I usually carry my instruments around /w/ me. I'd be more than happy to let you try out some shots with it for a while. Best Of Luck!!!

SpiderMan
10-05-2004, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ABChad:</font><hr> justbrake,

I recently purchased a Jerico jump/break to match my playing cue, and this thing is HOT!!! There are a lot of great jump cues, and a lot of great break cues, but this is the best combo cue I've ever used. It uses a phenolic tip, and a specially patented ferrule technology that transfer the most energy through the cue. Hardly any of your momentum is lost by absorption, and it doesn't have the "squirting" problem that most one piece ferrule/tip combos have. Let me put it to you this way, that cue has been banned from my league because I make too many balls on the break with it!!! (please take in to consideration that I'm about 5'8" 135, so I'm not some huge bruiser). What ever cue you choose, just make sure that YOU like it, everyone else can close their cans and buy their own! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif BTW, if you happen to be at the Midwest Expo this week, let me know, I usually carry my instruments around /w/ me. I'd be more than happy to let you try out some shots with it for a while. Best Of Luck!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Banned an otherwise-legal cue because it "makes too many balls on the break"? That should be used in advertising!

SpiderMan

randyg
10-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Call Jerry Powers at JERICO Cues 1 325 893-2393...randyg

Chopstick
10-05-2004, 12:58 PM
I also have a Lucasi. I bought for decoration around the house, because it looked cool. When I finally got around to trying it it worked great.

SPetty
10-05-2004, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I also have a Lucasi. I bought for decoration around the house, because it looked cool.<hr /></blockquote>Ha! I have one of those! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Deeman2
10-05-2004, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> I also have a Lucasi. I bought for decoration around the house, because it looked cool.<hr /></blockquote>Ha! I have one of those! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

SPETTY!

You have every cue and billiard related item that has ever been created on your wall. It might be easier to list the ones you don't have!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman
has not been invited back to Petty Point, Hummmm

justbrake
10-05-2004, 01:25 PM
I bought a jump cue off ebay the other day, a cheap one,I didn't get it yet!, if it dosn't work out for me i'll try one of your reccomendations on these cue's I appreciate all of the feedbacks, I see the lucasi L2000jc , and I'll go check out the jericos now- Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;rd=1&amp;item=7103998037&amp;ssPage Name=STRK:MEWN:IT

ABChad
10-06-2004, 09:19 AM
Spidey-

It does kind of sound like a slogan or sales pitch, but it's true! When an APA 4 (borderline 5) picks up a different break cue and pockets 2-5 balls consistently (or snaps) I'd say it's not coincedence. My break was always the worst part of my game, now I can focus on other problems.
Are you going to be at the Expo this week/weekend??? If you are, I'll be carrying around a 2x5 burlwood Longoni case... you can't miss it. Find me, and we'll shoot a few... then you can "see" for yourself.

Chad

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always go where you've always gone."

SpiderMan
10-06-2004, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ABChad:</font><hr> Spidey-

It does kind of sound like a slogan or sales pitch, but it's true! When an APA 4 (borderline 5) picks up a different break cue and pockets 2-5 balls consistently (or snaps) I'd say it's not coincedence. My break was always the worst part of my game, now I can focus on other problems.
Are you going to be at the Expo this week/weekend??? If you are, I'll be carrying around a 2x5 burlwood Longoni case... you can't miss it. Find me, and we'll shoot a few... then you can "see" for yourself.
Chad
<hr /></blockquote>

I agree it's probably not coincidence, it means you've found a stick that you break very well with. Still, I wouldn't "ban" it from league play as if it contained some illegal secret magic /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Unfortunately I won't be at the expo. My annual opportunity for socializing with out-of-town CCB folks is the BCA nationals in 'Vegas. But since my LD has gone with ACS it will be Reno this year, if I go.

SpiderMan

GoldenCyn
10-06-2004, 10:28 PM
I dont have a jump cue, but i know my graphite cue can make jumps because when i let people use it, then make jumps so easily. Me, personally, i cant jump to save my life, but maybe you guys can help me out. I've seen videos, and i have observed players, but when i try it, it only jumps AFTER it contacts with the ball i was trying to jump over! I just cant jump it, it only jumps after it hits something and even makes that ball jump sometimes. But i'll tell you, when i fail at a jump attempt, i at least get some great english on the rock after it makes some sort of contact with something. Anyone have a fail proof diagram or tip for jumping? Thanks in advance.

Chris Cass
10-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Tap, Tap, Tap.

C.C.~~experience pays off.

ABChad
10-07-2004, 08:24 AM
GC-

The best person to talk to is Scott Lee. Scott taught me to jump (with english, draw and follow) in about five minutes! He's a very good, reliable instructor, and he's easy to work with. He can usually be found from time to time on the CCB. Good luck!

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always go where you've always gone."