PDA

View Full Version : Wrap question

Beaver
10-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone. I recently bought myself a beautiful Pechauer cue, but now Im facing a problem. The thing is that one day my hands where really dirty and blue because of chalk and after playing I dicided not only to wash my hands but the irish linen wrap aswell. I took a damp cloth and wiped the wrap a bit. Now it dried up but its not smooth at all anymore...feels strange and cheap. What to do, to get the old smoothness back ??? Thnx

Wally_in_Cincy
10-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Some have suggested to rub it with wax paper to smooth it out. You could try it on a small section first to see if it works.

I had the same problem once and after I played with it a few more times the wrap smoothed out just from use.

Congratulations on the Pechauer. Those are nice cues.

BLACKHEART
10-02-2004, 02:12 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifAfter rubbing the wrap with the wax paper, smooth out the wrap with the neck of a bottle. Where the neck & body of the bottle meet,works perfect. Be careful not to damage the painted area, with the bottle...JER

Chris Cass
10-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Great advice but it helps to have the ability to spin the butt at a fast rate. If you don't have this then my suggestion that will be quick and painless is to get some 1000 grit sand paper. It's almost like a polishing paper then turn it is the direction of the wrap as it was fed on the cue.

To find that look for the start at the top by the forearm. If you can try to follow up with a 2000 grit paper. These can be found in the car body section of the auto parts place or local hardware place. You can always find something very simular at a hobby store too. Just look in the model car section.

What you've done was raised the thread and yes, it feels like do do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know where your located in Europe and how accessable these places are to you. Good luck and let us know what you did find and what you did that worked for you.

All of these responces are perfectly acceptable and will take care of tyhe problem. Just some longer at it then others. When you do complete the process what ever it is you can always follow up with some white writting paper to burnish it even more smooth.

You can always use a fine Crocus cloth. That'll do a fine job too. Just next time use a few drops of rubbing alcohol to get the wrap clean and burnish with one of the above.

Regards,

C.C.

Beaver
10-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Jeesh guys. Thnx alot. I used a 1200 sandpaper and finished it all off with a bottle :P and it worked great. Thnx alot guys I knew I could count on the CCB wisdom.