PDA

View Full Version : What a Day!!!!!!!!!

cueball1950
10-02-2004, 05:13 PM
I just got back from the JPNEWT tour stop in binghamton. It was a short field. Only 18 players. But what a field. Get a hold of these names;
Florence...who used to own Pocket Billiard Lounge. it was great sitting there and talking about the old times:
Romona Dockic..hope i spelled it right
Karen Corr
Julie Kelly
Dawn Hopkins
Gerda Hofstetter
Carol Clark
Dr Diana Sorrentino
Barbara Strock
The number 1 female player from Japan....sorry i don't remember her name
Michelle...owner of Michelle's in Syracuse......
PLus a host of other players whose names i cannot remember. Age is catching up with me. But i had a great time. What this tournament lacked in numbers was made up for with talent. Thank you Carol NYC for the tremendous hug. they are the best for sure. barbara...what can i say. you are always so cheerful it is catching. And DR D....as always the pleasure is all mine. Hopefully i can catch up with you ladies again real soon. it is always a pleasure and that pleasure is definately mine.......................mike

landshark77
10-02-2004, 07:24 PM
So the top 16 can play on the JPNEWT tour?

cueball1950
10-02-2004, 08:55 PM
thats what i understand................mike

9 Ball Girl
10-02-2004, 10:27 PM
#1 player in Japan? You mean Miyaki Sukai? Nice girl. Nostroke introduced to me her.

cueball1950
10-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Yup.... thats her Wendy. thanks for helping me out. It was a great day down there. Had alot of fun.......see all you girls again real soon.............................mike

CarolNYC
10-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Mike,
Your a sweetheart!!!!!
Thank you for the KONA coffee and the homemade jam-Im drinking the coffee right now and the jam is absolutely PERFECT! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Miyuki placed 5/6th, so she won the qualifying spot for the US Open in Alburqueque-so congratulations to Miyuki!

The final four are:
Karen Corr
Julie Kelly
Gerda Hofstetter
Dawn Hopkins

And in reply to Landshark:

This was a State Championship-ALL State Championships are open to Touring Pros /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
For anyone who is trying to win a qualifier and has never played in a pro event, the State Championships are the tournaments you really should play-it gives you a chance to draw top pros so you'll have that experience BEFORE you get into that pro arena /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gifAnd for a 50 entry, you cant beat that!

Im anxious to see how the raffle goes-I did MY PART! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Take care Mike-its ALWAYS a pleasure and Thanks again!

Carol~proud of Mike for not smoking /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

landshark77
10-03-2004, 09:57 AM
Thanx Carol, that explains alot. I would have to say that I am in agreement with you about the experience.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2004, 06:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr> So the top 16 can play on the JPNEWT tour? <hr /></blockquote>

Typically no. But as Carol said they can play in the State Championships.

Since the top 4 are already touring pros:

Karen Corr
Julie Kelly
Gerda Hofstetter
Dawn Hopkins

the 5th place finisher gets the qualifer spot in a future WPBA tourney.

pooltchr
10-04-2004, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Im drinking the coffee right now <hr /></blockquote>

Isn't there a law against Carol drinking coffee????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif