PDA

View Full Version : Draw Shot

trailboss
10-03-2004, 07:01 PM
I usually shoot on Simonis cloth and I get real good draw on it. I went to a buddies house with a new table covered in Mali cloth and my draw was about half what it is on Simonis cloth. Is this normal? That is, can you expect less draw on Mali than Simonis?

Stretch
10-04-2004, 06:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trailboss:</font><hr> I usually shoot on Simonis cloth and I get real good draw on it. I went to a buddies house with a new table covered in Mali cloth and my draw was about half what it is on Simonis cloth. Is this normal? That is, can you expect less draw on Mali than Simonis? <hr /></blockquote>

It's true, the faster the cloth the farther the draw. But that's just part of the equation. IMO of more importance is the condition of the balls, especialy the cue ball. Dirty cue balls pick up a huge amount of friction as they spin down the table. Obviously a dirty cueball will lose way more backspin than a clean polished cueball. But don't just take my word for it lol, put a rag soaked with furniture polish in your bag and go down to the pool hall and stroke some draw shots. Then give the cueball a real good clean and polish. Try those draw shots again. The difference will be like night and day. St

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Yes.

and if you're shooting on a bar table with a heavy ball you will get even less.

we played on a bar table one night where you literally could not draw the CB more than 6"

trailboss
10-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Wow! Thanks guys! You were dead on, I polished that cue ball and am now drawing fantastic. Now I have to practice that I don't draw too much.