PDA

View Full Version : *Survey* How much did you pay for your Olhausen?

TERP
10-03-2004, 09:13 PM
I am now looking for an Olhausen (or another brand, if need be) for ~ $2,000. I've only received a price on a Santa Ana for the local guy with little haggling ($3,400)...anyone know the prices of the non-wood tables? If you guys who purchased an Olhausen are willing, please post a ballpark price of you tables...trying to get an idea of what would be a smoking deal for a new table /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimmy B
10-03-2004, 11:20 PM
I don't own one so I didn't pay anything for mine, but I can tell you the auctioned off the table from the WPS in NYC today for 2k it was a steal and if I needed a table I would have carried it home.

JB

JDB
10-04-2004, 06:08 AM
I have an Olhausen Monarch and I paid between $3,000 - $4,000.

JeffB
10-04-2004, 06:59 AM
I just bought an Olhausen Drake. It will be delivered on Friday. Asking price was $1,795 with a two cue, very basic accessory package, and Mali cloth. They then offered me $1,695 with a four cue upgraded package. I asked for Simonis 860 for $100. They agreed, so the final deal is $1795, Simonis cloth, and a decent set of accessories. It is a 7' table, by the way.

SnakebyteXX
10-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Why buy new? IMO: Bigger bang for your buck if you buy used...

A couple of current examples:

This one's in your area -

8ft. Olhausen Pool Table - $2400

Beautiful 8ft. Olhausen pool table (3 Pcs. slate)--dark walnut finish, with camel colored semonis cloth. Also has accu-fast cushions and leather cover. Comes with all accessories including 6-$100 2pc. cue sticks (and wall rack), bridge, aramith balls, 8-ball and 9-ball racks and more.

Only used one year. Military family, moving and must sell.
Originally $3,400---asking $2,400o.b.o., you move.

Here's one on the Left Coast (SF Bay Area) -

Olhausen 8' Pool Table - $1300

Olhausen - American Walnut on Oak 8' table. Uni-rail with round sights. Less than 18months old, barely used. Only use by adults. Black felt with enclosed vinyl drop-style pockets. 3 Piece Italian Slate. 46" x 92"
-------------------------
And another in Tempe, Arizona -

Olhausen Professional 46"X 92" Pool Table - $1700

Purchased new in 1998 at The Billiard Store in AZ for $4200 this is an Oversized 8 ft (46"X92") professional quality Olhausen pool table. Included with the table are 5 Dufferin pool cues with cue rack, chalk with chalk holder, set of pool balls, brush and wood 8 ball rack. Frame is Maple Veneer and the rails and legs are solid Maple.
-------------------------------------------

Dealer margins on New Pool tables are often quite high - once you drive them off the lot they tend to drop in value - big time. If you want to make your dollars stretch and keep your resale potential high - do your homework - be patient - be prepared to put in some elbow grease and then buy used.

Snake <--- not in the business of selling used tables but recently bought two really old used tables and believes he got the best deal by going that way. (1947 Brunswick Centennial & 1950 Brunswick Anniversary)

TERP
10-04-2004, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SnakebyteXX:</font><hr> Dealer margins on New Pool tables are often quite high - once you drive them off the lot they tend to drop in value - big time.
<hr /></blockquote>

Yea, I was looking at dinning room tables for the wife...caught a look at the price book and did some math...exactly 45% markup on all pieces. If I could get enough prices on these Olhausens, I could get a rough markup estimate to use as my baseline /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif