PDA

View Full Version : Santos Sambajon Jr. Wins It!

9 Ball Girl
10-04-2004, 10:23 AM
I'm surprised that no one had posted it yet.

Like I said, I had left when the finals had started 'cause I was pooped! Anyway, he finally won! Congratulations to him! Undefeated all the way no less. How strong is that!

Read More at Inside Pool (http://www.insidepool.com/)

Deeman2
10-04-2004, 01:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm surprised that no one had posted it yet.

Like I said, I had left when the finals had started 'cause I was pooped! Anyway, he finally won! Congratulations to him! Undefeated all the way no less. How strong is that!

Read More at Inside Pool (http://www.insidepool.com/)

<hr /></blockquote>

That's nice to hear. I always thought he was an awesome player but he never seemed to make it to the finals. As everyone knows, I crave his cue. I don't attend tournaments where he plays as I am afraid I will grab his cue and run. As most of you know, I can only run at about my wife's break speed so I'd surely be caught and hanged.

Congratulations Santos, a victory for people under 5 feet tall everywhere!! Can you believe his smooth stroke? Must be the cue! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman

9 Ball Girl
10-04-2004, 01:37 PM
All that's needed now is for Parica to win something and I'll be a happy camper!

shoutout33
10-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Whose cue does he play with? I mean is it a custom cue or is he sponsored by someone. Please do tell, the suspence is killing me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shoutout33&lt;---loves to know who plays with what... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cueless Joey
10-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Santos plays with a PFD.
Curly purpleheart forearm and sleeve with ivory points.
Hits like a dream.
Curly purplehearts are very hard to find.
Believe me, I've been looking for some to make into cues myself.

Harold Acosta
10-04-2004, 05:12 PM
I've been looking all over for the results! The UPA doesn't have the results themselves! I guess the "in" thing to do from now on is visit "Inside Pool."

I'm glad for Santos. After an early exit at the Open, who would have thought about him winning. This only shows that there is no dominant male figure out there in the pool world, so my hopes are high for our man, Alan Rolon, to surprise a few on upcoming events in the mainland.

Viva Puerto Ricooooo!

9 Ball Girl
10-04-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Alan win something here in the states. He's an excellent player and always a pleasure to speak to.

Fayerman
10-05-2004, 07:56 AM
This is on topic:
http://www.russianny.com/Photos002/242236/3650/3659/m_09E52265CF804E60B2931D56ABA1FCCA.jpg

Taken after he won the title.

PQQLK9
10-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Try this link for a whole page of thumbnails.
http://www.russianny.com/newdesign/db/photo/index_photo.asp?todo=imgs&amp;galid=3659&amp;mode=P&amp;code=

http://www.russianny.com/Photos002/242236/3650/3659/s_09E52265CF804E60B2931D56ABA1FCCA.jpg

Fred Agnir
10-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Fayerman,

I hope that it wasn't you who couldn't figure out that your flash kept going off, making every veteran tournament attendee cringe.

Fred &lt;~~~ hates cringing

Fayerman
10-05-2004, 01:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Fayerman,

I hope that it wasn't you who couldn't figure out that your flash kept going off, making every veteran tournament attendee cringe.

Fred &lt;~~~ hates cringing <hr /></blockquote>

Agnir,

Take it easy.

Elijah. &lt;~~~ doesn't hate trolls

Fred Agnir
10-05-2004, 01:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fayerman:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Fayerman,

Fred &lt;~~~ hates cringing <hr /></blockquote>

Agnir,

Take it easy.

Elijah. &lt;~~~ doesn't hate trolls <hr /></blockquote>???

Jimmy B
10-06-2004, 12:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fayerman:</font><hr>
Agnir,

Take it easy.

Elijah. &lt;~~~ doesn't hate trolls <hr /></blockquote>

I don't get your post?? Are you calling Fred a troll?? And take it easy how? I mean if you were there and didn't notice how many people outside the (pay) arena kept on flashing the players even after it was being announced every 5 minutes not to. ALso someone asked Santos for a picture while he was warming up for the finals and he was nice enough to stop warming up and walk over to the bleechers and put his arm around the person only to get a flash right in the eyes minutes before a huge match. Maybe you should have a flash go off in your eyes and try to make a few shots on a table for the next 12-15 minutes, see how you do.

JB

Fayerman
10-06-2004, 07:32 AM
&gt;&gt; And take it easy how?

Jimmy,

I understand your frustration about the flash cameras. What I don't understand is how it is all related to me personally. You must have assumed that since I have a camera capable of taking pictures with a TTL built-in flash, then I was the one who used it to blind the pool players at the event.

&gt;&gt; I don't get your post??

Do you now?

Elijah.

Fred Agnir
10-06-2004, 07:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fayerman:</font><hr>
&gt;&gt; I don't get your post??

Do you now?

Elijah. <hr /></blockquote>I still don't get it. As I said, I hope you weren't the guy.

Fred

Rich R.
10-06-2004, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fayerman:</font><hr> I understand your frustration about the flash cameras. What I don't understand is how it is all related to me personally. You must have assumed that since I have a camera capable of taking pictures with a TTL built-in flash, then I was the one who used it to blind the pool players at the event. <hr /></blockquote>
You have still not answered the question, were you using the flash in the tournament room?

I don't care if a flash was on your camera or not. If you were using the flash anywhere near the players, you were wrong, plain and simple.
If you were not using the flash, you are innocent.

When people use flashes at events, where they are not allowed, they end up ruining it for everyone. Sooner or later the organizers ban all camers. Then the innocent have to suffer for the acts of a few idiots.

Fayerman
10-06-2004, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> You have still not answered the question, were you using the flash in the tournament room?
<hr /></blockquote>
By the intense tone of your question, I sense a "genuine" interest in photography on your part.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>If you were using the flash anywhere near the players, you were wrong, plain and simple. If you were not using the flash, you are innocent.<hr /></blockquote>
Your argument is flawed because it lacks the necessary generalization unattached to the use of a specific individual. The correct line of reasoning should have exhibited a general applicability of the negative implications of the flash photography.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> You have still not answered the question, were you using the flash in the tournament room?
<hr /></blockquote>
No, I was shooting in Aperture Priority with RAW ISO 400. If you had the eye for it, you would be able to tell there was no flash.

Elijah.

Fred Agnir
10-06-2004, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fayerman:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> You have still not answered the question, were you using the flash in the tournament room?
<hr /></blockquote>
No, I was shooting in Aperture Priority with RAW ISO 400. If you had the eye for it, you would be able to tell there was no flash.

Elijah. <hr /></blockquote>
I'm glad it wasn't you who was using the flash. I'm not sure if you understand the seriousness of the flash issue apart from your photography schooling. I'm glad you are so learnèd in the art. But we weren't asking if you knew how to take pictures. We were wondering if you were one of the fools who was inappropriately using their flash. Over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Fred

Rich R.
10-07-2004, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fayerman:</font><hr> By the intense tone of your question, I sense a "genuine" interest in photography on your part.
<hr /></blockquote> I do.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fayerman:</font><hr> Your argument is flawed because it lacks the necessary generalization unattached to the use of a specific individual. The correct line of reasoning should have exhibited a general applicability of the negative implications of the flash photography.<hr /></blockquote>
I have no idea what you are talking about here. I was only asking if you were one of those using the flash. Previously, you were not clear on this point.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fayerman:</font><hr> No, I was shooting in Aperture Priority with RAW ISO 400. If you had the eye for it, you would be able to tell there was no flash.<hr /></blockquote>
When a flash is used properly, it is difficult to tell if it is used at all.

My concern here is for both the players and myself.
Players do not need flashes going off in their face, when they are trying to play pool and make a living.
I enjoy taking pictures at events I attend and I would hate for the idiots, using flashes, resulted in the organizers banning all cameras.

Since you have finally made it clear that you were not using a flash, for me, the issue is settled. I wish you well.

Malice
10-07-2004, 08:09 PM
The tournament got a very nice column in Today's Wall Street Journal (Arts &amp; Leisure section). Sorry, no link -- WSJ online is subscription-only. But well worth reading.

9 Ball Girl
10-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Well that's nice. Can you give us an excerpt?