PDA

View Full Version : I need your help ! Jump/break cue?

Bob_in_Cincy
10-05-2004, 07:49 AM
I was notified by InsidePool that I had won a $200 shopping spree in their online mall. I've been toying with the idea of getting a jump/break cue or maybe a separate jump cue for a while now. My current break cue is 20 oz., & I'd like to get something lighter. I've looked at their mall & it appears I can get both a Scorpion break cue AND a Scorpion jump cue & be under the $200 or get a jump/break cue & then pick up some odds & ends with what's left.

What's the best way to go here? I can pick anything I want that's in their mall, but they don't offer Bungee jumpers. Any other ideas besides the Scorpion line?

Thoughts?

Regards,
Bob_in_Cincy

Deeman2
10-05-2004, 08:48 AM
My wife has a Scorpion break cue and she likes it very much. It feels a little weak spined to me when I have used it but it does hit hard and break well. I have never used his jump cue but Johnny seems to do o.k. with it.

Deeman

Tom_In_Cincy
10-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Congratulations!

What a lucky choice you have. Either way you win.
I would recommend the Jump/Break Cue. Just don't let John G. show you how to JUMP with it (or break with it).

Nice having two good choices in life. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
10-05-2004, 10:40 AM
See if they are offering the new Fury jump/break cue, I got one a few weeks ago and it is awsome!

Bob_in_Cincy
10-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Steve,

Is that the one they call the Phenolic Cue?

Bob

pooltchr
10-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Bob,
I haven't heard it called that, but it does have a one piece phenolic tip/ferrule. It breaks great, and jumps even better!
JMHO
Steve

dooziexx
10-06-2004, 07:25 AM
If you can get a Mace jump/break cue by Rick Howard. Its an awesome breaking cue. Ive went thru alot of break cues and Ive finally settled on the Mace. You can get one for $250.

Rich R.
10-06-2004, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I haven't heard it called that, but it does have a one piece phenolic tip/ferrule. It breaks great, and jumps even better! <hr /></blockquote>
Steve, doesn't the "Sledgehammer" J/B cue look a lot like the Fury J/B? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think any J/B, with a one piece phenolic ferrule/tip will do the job nicely. Sledgehammer was the first, but now, there are a few immitators that work fine.

pooltchr
10-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Rich,
Now that you mention it, there do seem to be some similarities! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

snook789
10-10-2004, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> See if they are offering the new Fury jump/break cue, I got one a few weeks ago and it is awsome! <hr /></blockquote>

If you don't mind me asking, which one did you get excatly ?

Was it this one ? http://www.insidepool.com/order/images/FUJBBS.gif
Thanks!

N8ball
10-10-2004, 08:51 AM
I just got a Sledgehammer break/jump cue and im more than impressed. Ive never had a jump break that jumped as well as a primary jump cue. The thing hits like a truck. I dont know if they offer that at inside pool or not.....

Nate