PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Dangerfield Dies

PQQLK9
10-05-2004, 06:09 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9494-2004Oct5.html

Rodney Dangerfield Dies
Comedian Rodney Dangerfield's one-liners brought him stardom in clubs, TV and movies.
May he rest in peace and get some "RESPECT". I will miss his talent.

Steve - Detroit
10-05-2004, 07:11 PM
I hadn't heard that, a death I will truly mourn. His jokes are the stuff of legend.
One of my favorites was:

A hooker came up to me and said, I'll do anything you want for $50.
I said great, paint my house.

Don't know why I find that so funny but I do, maybe just his style.
Maybe some others will add their favorite Rodney jokes.

highsea
10-05-2004, 07:11 PM
I loved his line in the Caddyshack harbor scene, when he dropped his anchor through Ted White's dinky sailboat and sank it.

"Hey, you scratched my anchor!" Bahahaha. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rest in peace, Rodney.

PQQLK9
10-05-2004, 07:14 PM
"When I was born I was so ugly the doctor slapped my mother"

Barbara
10-05-2004, 07:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> I loved his line in the Caddyshack harbor scene, when he dropped his anchor through Ted White's dinky sailboat and sank it.

"Hey, you scratched my anchor!" Bahahaha. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rest in peace, Rodney. <hr /></blockquote>

And everytime some huge motorboat comes down the river to bounce us about like a cork in a bathtub with its wake, I refer to it as "Seafood", Rdoney's yatch in the same movie.

But a red rolls Royce?? Yuck.

RIP, Rodney. I loved your humor and movies.

Barbara

Nostroke
10-05-2004, 08:08 PM
The best Rodney ever IMHO

"My wife's cooking is so bad the flies in the backyard pitched in to fix the screen door in the Kitchen!!"

Rod
10-05-2004, 09:22 PM
That sure caught me by supprise, he will be missed by many. My name is Rodney but it would take quite a Rodney to fill his shoes. That guy was as funny as they come, can't imagine anyone not getting a laugh at times from him.

I always liked the situations he got into. There was so many. LOL I liked the time he and a buddy was browsing. The old biddy said you don't look like a browser to me. Oh yea what does a browser look like? ha ha ha ha something to that effect. It was always something.

RIP Rodney Dangerfield, you had the whole world laughing.

dg-in-centralpa
10-06-2004, 05:05 AM
Rest in Peace Rodney. He was in a class by himself. I used to enjoy listening to him on Stern.

DG - he was one of the last few greats

Wally_in_Cincy
10-06-2004, 05:38 AM
"My father didn't like the looks of me, he kept the picture of the kid who came with the wallet."

"Last week I found out about my family tree, I found out I was the sap."

When I was born the doctor told my mother "I did everything I could but he pulled through anyway"

I tell ya when I fly, I don't get no respect. I took one of those cheap flights, no frills. I finished eatin' and had to do the dishes.

I tell you, with my doctor, I don't get no respect. I told him, "I've swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills." He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.

<font color="blue">Rodney as Al Czervik and Bill Murray as Carl Spackler were 2 of the greatest characters in any movie ever made</font color>

Barbara
10-06-2004, 06:27 AM
That was in the movie "Easy Money".

Barbara

Voodoo Daddy
10-06-2004, 06:52 AM
His comedy timeless...and his introduction of Sam Kinnison to the world will always be appreciated.

Voodoo~~~see's Rodney and Sam in "Back to School" is burned in my brain

PQQLK9
10-06-2004, 07:53 AM
Who can forget those incredible "dives" he made when he joined the swimming team in "Back to School". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PQQLK9
10-07-2004, 09:33 AM
This link is to a heart wrentching article by Tom Shales.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13343-2004Oct6.html

"I don't get no respect" was, of course, his signature line, but to the end he had the respect, and the gratitude, of everybody who ever laughed so hard they cried.