PDA

View Full Version : Impatiently waiting...

05-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Is anyone else impatiently waiting for...

Azbilliards to update pro matches for today?
poolmag.com to fix their dang server error?
bca-pool.com to update the results of singles and scotch doubles (they concluded yesterday, for crying out loud!)

ARGH!

Karla

PS I know, I know... we're lucky to have coverage at all...

BLACKHEART
05-15-2002, 08:41 PM
HI KARLA...JER

Doctor_D
05-16-2002, 06:09 AM
Good morning Karla:

Good to hear from you. Will you be competing in the Virginia State Women's Open 9 ball Championships on June the 29th and/or the WPBA Amateur Nationals in Athens - Georgia on the 12th, 13th & 14th of July???

Dr. D.

05-16-2002, 09:02 AM
Hi Jerry!! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif The cue is feeling great!

Dr. D,

My next event is going to be a qualifier in Denver, June 15-16. I'd love to go to amateur nationals, but don't have any vacation time left. I'll probably try to get to some more tournaments after the first of August.

Be sure and let us know how you do!

Karla

AzHousePro
05-19-2002, 11:44 PM
Karla, I apologize for the infrequent updates from Vegas. This was the third year I have gone to Vegas for the BCA event but the first year I have played in the team event.

I figured it would not be any problem playing in the team event and still being able to cover the pro event.

A funny thing happened though. We won our first 5 matches in the team event and ended up finishing tied for 33rd place. It was MUCH better than I thought we had any chance of doing in the tourney.

Definitely an experience. A level of pressure I had never had to deal with before. Still a lot of fun.

Mike

Rod
05-19-2002, 11:59 PM
Way to go Mike, good tournament. Now that's what I call a good excuse. Who did you play for, Knobby's? Ok funs over back to the keyboard! lol

Rod
05-20-2002, 12:14 AM
Well yes I am Karla, but it seems it won't be untill tommorrow. I've checked at BCA and I got tired of that, Results comming soon! There idea of soon and mine just aren't the same.

05-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Hi Mike,

Congratulations on your finish! Team tournaments are so great, aren't they! Especially when your team does well...

And pay no mind to my complaining. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I AM happy to have the coverage... but since I can't be there, I get obsessed about it, and that leads to impatience.

You do a great job!

Karla

AzHousePro
05-20-2002, 01:25 PM
Rod, I play for Pappys. We ended up losing to the Muchachos from Knobbys in our final match.

Mike

AustinFilAm
05-20-2002, 02:01 PM
Hi Karla,
I also had a week new Blackheart with me in Vegas. Since Jerry is a year behind on orders, I ordered another one today. I'm hooked on Blackhearts.

Patiently waiting...... Angelo

05-20-2002, 04:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: AustinFilAm:</font><hr> I'm hooked on Blackhearts.
<hr></blockquote>

Hey, me too! Before long we can form a club. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Karla

Tom_In_Cincy
05-20-2002, 08:34 PM
Congrats Mike,

Great playing and I know you had to be pumped.. and probably enjoyed the tournament more this year that any of your previous trips.. Wow.. 33rd out of 500+ great simply Great.