PDA

View Full Version : Tough draw for CarolNYC

Wally_in_Cincy
10-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Carol Clark vs. Jeanette Lee in the first round.

Give 'em hell Carol.

http://www.wpba.com/cms/?pid=1004189

Fred Agnir
10-07-2004, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
http://www.wpba.com/cms/?pid=1004189 <hr /></blockquote>Ooooh. And Allison Fisher vs. Kelly Fisher. Interesting.

Fred

Wally_in_Cincy
10-07-2004, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Ooooh. And Allison Fisher vs. Kelly Fisher. Interesting.

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

I hope Allison cleans her clock so maybe Harry the Gremlin will shut up for at least a few days about how great Kelly and Val are.

Barbara
10-07-2004, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
I hope Allison cleans her clock so maybe Harry the Gremlin will shut up for at least a few days about how great Kelly and Val are. <hr /></blockquote>

Kelly Fisher lost, 9-1.

Ouch.

Barbara

cuechick
10-07-2004, 03:42 PM
I had to admit, I thought it might be a lot closer, she was playing so strong, down here on SEAL. Of course they was no fear factor involved...

Doctor_D
10-07-2004, 04:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
I hope Allison cleans her clock so maybe Harry the Gremlin will shut up for at least a few days about how great Kelly and Val are. <hr /></blockquote>

Kelly Fisher lost, 9-1.

Ouch.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

According to AZ Billiards, Kelly Fisher lost 9 - 8 to Allison Fisher following Kelly's 8 - 2 lead over Allison.

Dr. D.

Barbara
10-07-2004, 04:39 PM
AZBilliards is reporting Allison won 9-8 where I read the "1" on the WPBA bracket layout as being the loser's score between the two. Oops!! And at one time Kelly had and 8-2 lead over Allison! WOW!!

Barbara

Rod
10-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Barbara,

One has to wonder how Kelly let Allison reach the hill without winning. The hill game for good players can go either direction, so that's not important per-say. Although Allison should be favored since she was breaking.

I guess we will see but I think Kelly must have gagged on some shots to let Allison in the game. Sounds like Kelly must have been playing good (or Allison not so good) and then woke up and started thinking. All I have to do is win one more!

Rod

cuechick
10-07-2004, 07:29 PM
I can see you you would make that mistake...I would really have liked to see that match. I was very impressed with KF's game, I saw her play at the Atlanta open a while back and she has improved a lot since then and she was already playing well. She reminds me of a cross between Allison and Karen, with a touch of Vivian, she has a very aggressive stroke, and plays very fast.
I expect her to be in the top 10 easily by this time next year, if not the top 5.
Of course, I love that Allison came back and won, because I just love Alley and have so much respect for her game.

Rod
10-07-2004, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can see you you would make that mistake <hr /></blockquote>

What mistake is that? I'm just trying to reason 7 unanswered games. Maybe someone will chime in if they happened to watch. If she has a fast play style maybe Allison slowed her up with some safties. Who knows, but I doubt AF run 7 racks. Isn't it alternate breaks? Something sure happened, maybe it was all bad rolls. LOL

Rod

BLACKHEART
10-07-2004, 08:11 PM
OK, back to Carol.......I like Vicki very much, but I think Corol has too much grit, to loose 2 &amp; out. GO CAROL...JER

SRpool
10-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Sorry to take away from Carol here but I can kind of give some insight into the Fisher/Fisher match. Kelly broke and ran out 4 of her breaks. The other times she didn't make a ball. Allison scratched on two of her breaks, Kelly ran out. Kelly missed two balls the whole set and Allison missed one ball the whole set. Kelly is very impressive. She played perfect but let that little glimmer of hope back in. A safety battle on the five ball in the 8-2 game resulted in a missed safe by Kelly and Allison ran out. She then broke and ran out. After that Kelly did not make a ball on the break resulting in either a safety battle or Allison running out. The hill-hill game, Kelly had the break. She didn't make anything but left a very tough table. Allison made a great shot on the one ball and nearly got hooked on the two. She was left just enough of the two to make a carom on the 9. I have to say it was definitely a classic match and a great debut for Kelly.

Take care
Sarah

Wally_in_Cincy
10-08-2004, 05:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cuechick:</font><hr> ...they was no fear factor involved... <hr /></blockquote>

cuechick, you are even beginning to talk like a Southerner /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sorry, just kidding /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
10-08-2004, 06:02 AM
I can't tell you all how excited I am about this outcome. Frankly, I've lost interest in the WPBA over the past couple of years. Possibly because Gerda hasn't been playing much, but more than likely, it's become a two-person race.

When Kelly Fisher won her first Ladies World Snooker Championship and made some hints about wanting to play pool, I've been waiting with baited breath for the announcement of her arrival in the US. It's been some 5 years or so? The time has come. Get her a good pool mentor and the race is back on!

Fred

cuechick
10-08-2004, 06:05 AM
Sorry Rod, I thought I was replying to Barbara's post, and I meant after looking at the chart online, I could understand how she could mistake the number 1 for the score...

Thanks Sarah, for the report, sounds like a great match, so this is Kelly's first pro event? I would not be surprised to see her make through the losers side...!

Wally_in_Cincy
10-08-2004, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> ... Get her a good pool mentor and the race is back on!

Fred

<hr /></blockquote>

I wonder who is coaching her. Someone (Gremlin) may have posted it but I forget.

pooltchr
10-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Let's see...Kelly wins the women's amateur national championship (Val was second) then goes up and takes Allison to the hill in the first round of her first WPBA event. Looks like the WPBA might be in for a little new blood!
I'm really excited, especially since Fury is sponsoring both Kelly and Val
You GO, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve

Rich R.
10-09-2004, 05:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr>I'm really excited, especially since Fury is sponsoring both Kelly and Val <hr /></blockquote>
Don't get too excited, just yet, Steve. Kelly received her second loss from Tiffany Nelson and is out of this tournament.

Although I haven't see Kelly play for several months, I think she has a little learning to do, before breaking into the top of the WPBA.

Rich R.
10-09-2004, 05:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> OK, back to Carol.......I like Vicki very much, but I think Corol has too much grit, to loose 2 &amp; out. GO CAROL...JER <hr /></blockquote>
Let's get back to Carol again.
She won her match against Vicki Paski, but then, unfortunately, lost to Ming Ng. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pooltchr
10-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Rich,
She has an excellent stroke, is a great shot maker and can control the cue ball. Once she learns more of the strategy of 9-ball, she is going to break into the top 10. 7 times world snooker champion....does that kind of background sound familiar???????? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way...I watched her play Tony Watson in a local tournament a few weeks ago. She traded games with him for the first 6 games before he put together a 3 pack in a race to 7. I honestly think she has what it takes to make it on the WPBA tour.
Steve

CarolNYC
10-11-2004, 02:49 AM
Hi Wally,
How are you?
Thanks so much for your support /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Jeanette played great-if she missed,and I emphasize "if", I had to kick- twice, I had a chance to get out! And you can bet I took it!
Vicki had some bad rolls-it seemed the cueball always found a pocket .so I just did what I had to do when I had the chance!
And Ming,well,I dont know if any of you know her,but,shes great-there is not a shot on the table that she cant make-I love her game-she's a shotmaker and a killer with the bridge-(I think she was in a trickshot tournament recently)-anyways, I lost 9-5 /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Thank you EVERYONE-you guys are great!
Stay well and take care!
On to Albuequerque!

Carol-has to fly outta LaGuardia and doesnt like it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

CarolNYC
10-11-2004, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Corol has too much grit <hr /></blockquote>

Or, Im just tired of losing,ha ha ha!
My best to Connie!

Carol

CarolNYC
10-11-2004, 02:58 AM
Hiya Rich,
As you know, this was a qualifier spot,so,anything in the money is sweet /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hey, I received a phone call last night-Congratulations to Karen Armstrong for winning the qualifier in Maryland-thats awesome!
And thanks for filling her in! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I miss you and Cathy!

Will see you soon!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-11-2004, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>Hey, I received a phone call last night-Congratulations to Karen Armstrong for winning the qualifier in Maryland-thats awesome! <hr /></blockquote>
Karen played very well and went through the field undefeated. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It was good to see her playing so well.

Hope to see you soon, maybe next month in Hagerstown. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif