PDA

View Full Version : Black Crown Pool Tables ???

recoveryjones
10-08-2004, 12:52 AM
A friend told me that a local pool hall has two Black Crown pool tables for sale each for $2500 Canadian.

Are they made by Brunswick? Does anyone have any knowledge or opinions on the Black Crown? Is the price fair?Are they any good etc,etc. Much appreciated, RJ

ps. I think that $2500 Canadian is about $1800-$1900 US.

Terry
10-08-2004, 04:50 AM
Hi RJ,

It's my understanding that Brunswick make a Black Crown model but the one I bought at the 2002 Canadian 9-Ball Championships was a Black Crown made by Canada Billiards. It was used for one week and I paid $2500 cdn and it included a set of super aramith pro balls etc. I find the pockets a little big but the table is very solid, it's a commercial model which has a heavy frame that did not need to be shimmed. It also has laminated covered hardwood rails which are burn, stain and scratch resistant. The Balck Crown has leg levellers and it also has nice wide rails ( about 6 1/4" ) which I also like. I hope this helps. Terry

Pied Piper
10-08-2004, 04:50 AM
i think the black crowns, are The brunsick gold crown 4's. not too sure though. From what I heard from my local pool hall when they were still open, that seems to be one hell of a price for the 4. I would consult somewhat who knows what they are talking about though. these are just my assumptions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

recoveryjones
10-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Thanks Terry. I found a Black Crown at this link.
http://canadabillard.com/english/html/products/html/blacro.htm

I'll be playing on one in a tourney tonite that I've never been to.It will be my first experience playing on a Black Crown. I'll post my reviews later. Any other comments appreciated. RJ

pooltchr
10-08-2004, 02:51 PM
We had a room here in town filled with the Canadian Black Crowns. Most of the players around here agreed they were some of the best tables in town!

Billy
10-08-2004, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr> A friend told me that a local pool hall has two Black Crown pool tables for sale each for $2500 Canadian.

Are they made by Brunswick? Does anyone have any knowledge or opinions on the Black Crown? Is the price fair?Are they any good etc,etc. Much appreciated, RJ

ps. I think that $2500 Canadian is about $1800-$1900 US. <hr /></blockquote>

the Canadian Black Crown are not made by Brunswick

Brunswick makes a black Gold Crown 3 and 4 but are certainly different tables from the pictured Black Crown

jmo

recoveryjones
10-09-2004, 10:45 AM
I played on some Black Crowns at a tourney last night. The tables were a few years (how many, I don't know) old and the
rails were dead. It was also Championship cloth and not Simonis which also contributed to make them overall, slow tables.Furthermore the pockets were very generous.It was that pool halls first tourney and the players were all complaining about the (dead rails) tables.

A change of rails and cloth would give me a chance to give a better opinion of what I thought of the Black Crown.Apparently they are solid tables, however,I think I'll hold out for something else, preferablly a used Gold Crown.RJ

c.holtz009
10-10-2004, 07:49 PM
I played in a tournament last Sunday in Gatineau Quebec that only had Black Crowns. Like said before, the pockets are buckets, and generous, but I find the overall playability was excellent.
Oh ya, I came 3rd.

Terry
10-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Hi RJ,

My Black Crown has 860 simonis cloth and the rails play great. I just got back from the Eastern Canadian Championships this morning where I also had my pockets shimmed so now my table will be fast and tough which will leave no room for lack of focus when shooting down the rails. Good Luck with whatever table you buy. Terry

Magog
10-11-2004, 04:53 PM
A good solid table. Very popular in Canada. Scoring system on rail is only complaint.

kyle
10-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Terry, who won easterns? I was trying to find info to no avail.

Terry
10-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Hi kyle,

Jeff Kennedy won the mens, Angela Belding won the womens and Clayton Denis won the juniors.

recoveryjones
10-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks everyone for their comments on Black Crown's. I'm sure they are an excellent table with new cloth and lively rails.If I can talk that pool hall owner down from $2500 to $1900 or so I then can use the saved money to re-condition the table.RJ

ps. Anyone have any idea how much these tables are brand new?

Terry
10-13-2004, 02:52 AM
RJ, I had priced them a few years ago from two different places and had gotten prices of $4200 and $4600 cdn. Terry

recoveryjones
10-13-2004, 06:24 AM
Thanks Terry, much appreciated.RJ