PDA

View Full Version : Presidential debate drinking game

Wally_in_Cincy
10-08-2004, 08:54 AM
http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2004/10/10-08-04tdc/10-08-04dnews-09.asp

Students say 'bottoms up' while watching presidential debates
By Stephanie Liberatore
For The Collegian

For some students, tonight's presidential debate will not deter them from partaking in their usual Friday night activities.

Tonight's second presidential debate at 9 at Washington University in St. Louis will provide students the chance to combine politics and fun in a new forum: the debate drinking game.

.. each time Sen. John Kerry said "Teresa" or "stronger America," or President George W. Bush cited Kerry for "flip-flopping" or mispronounced a word, the party-goers drank.

"[Flip-flopping] was basically [Bush's] argument the whole time," Sweeney said. "So we didn't do anything during his part but drink."

The debate drinking game affords students interested in politics the opportunity to have a little fun while educating themselves about the candidates.

Shauna Moser (sophomore-political science and journalism), a member of the College Republicans, said she thinks the game does not pose cause for alarm, unless it influences the undecided vote.

"It would really upset me to know that there were undecided voters doing this and drinking their way through it," she said.

<font color="blue">I say every time Kerry points with his left hand, take a drink /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When either candidate mentions "the American people" take a drink </font color>

landshark77
10-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Eh, apparently this game is popular with dirty hippies too. A good friend of mine, who has been outta college for around 4 years, has been playing for all of the debates. And yes she knows I call her a dirty hippie.