PDA

View Full Version : Barretta Beats the Black Widow

cuechick
10-09-2004, 07:13 AM
In a match I am sure Tipton described as, " A Battle of the Cover Girls" or something to that effect, Jen racked up am impressive 9-5 win! Go Jen!!!

Steve Lipsky
10-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Way to go, Jenn! Nice win, now keep it up!

- Steve

Wally_in_Cincy
10-09-2004, 11:11 AM
She also beat Kim Shaw 9-3. Kim Shaw is a fine pool player.

Go JennBarretta !

9 Ball Girl
10-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Excellent! Talk about going over some hurdles huh? It won't be long before we see Jenn's 9 ball debut on ESPN!

Rod
10-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Very impressive, I do believe that girl has game!!

Go Jenn

br8knrun21
10-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Congrats to Jen!!

Rod
10-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Does anybody know the match score when Jenn Lost to Karen? To bad she lost we need some new TV faces. But she's still in the hunt.

Rod

cuechick
10-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Don't know the score, but she is guaranteed 5th and that is her highest finish to date!...I think she needs to win two more to make it too tv? what is up with the lack of coverage on AZ?

sdtonyc
10-09-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm not too surprised by AZ's lack of coverage.
As a whole, they don't seem to give updates for ongoing WPBA tourneys, just the final results.

I'm curious to see who wins between Mrs. Barretta and Hsin Huang though. They're both relatively new faces in the women's game, and they've both been tearing it up this tournament, cutting down some top veterans along the way.

9 Ball Girl
10-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Jenn and Hsing, another one of my favorites. That should be a good match.

I wonder what is up with AZ. They didn't post anything on World Summit either. Thank God for other sources!

Rod
10-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Well the results are in Jenn lost to Hsin Huang. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Their both having a great tournament though.

Rod

9 Ball Girl
10-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Well, I'll be rooting for Hsing all the way. As much as I love Karen and Allison, I would really love to see a new face up there. Otherwise, I'll die of boredom...

sdtonyc
10-09-2004, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a fresh face on TV myself, but I'm never bored when Allison and Karen duke it out. That's a rivalry I can sink my teeth into and go back for seconds.

9 Ball Girl
10-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong. I love watching them play. I just get kind of tired of seeing the same faces on TV all of the time. But they're good enough to keep getting into the TV matches.

That Florida tournament that was cancelled because of the hurricane was supposed to show more matches on ESPN, from what I remember I think they were going to include the quarter finals matches too. Now that's what I'm talking about!

Rod
10-09-2004, 10:12 PM
I'd like to see some new faces too. Like you mentioned in another post, the quarter finals. I guess they can only show so much with limited funding. How is Hsing's full name pronounced?

Rod

cuechick
10-10-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm with you Wendy, I would really like to see Hsing make it to the finals, she is really an amazing player. With all the hoopla over Ga Young, she has kind of slipped under the radar..but I think she has so much discipline (something lacking in some of the other youngish players like Ga) and talent I see her going far.

I also wonder what is up with the absence of highlight pics? Kelly must have forgotten her camera?

cuechick
10-10-2004, 07:03 AM
I forget exactly I know the Hs are silent, I think it is something like Shing Shing???...Nostroke knows better...?

Barbara
10-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Hsin is pronounced "Shin" and Huang is pronounced like "Wong", but it's a soft "W" - you're exhaling on the "w" as you're saying it.

Barbara

recoveryjones
10-10-2004, 12:19 PM
I'm from Vancouver, Canada Hsin's where Hsin now lives and I'm glad to see she's doing so well.We call her Shin at our local smaller tournaments that she plays in.She's a very nice person who is hard to beat but is also seemingly gracious in defeat.

I know she came third in another womens tourney getting knocked out by two excellent women's players.....you guessed it....Karen and Allison. I hope she uses that experience to take them out this time.RJ

Nostroke
10-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Barb got it-rhymes with Bong pretty much- Just read that Julie Kelly won it all- Beat Karen adn Allison on the same day!!

CarolNYC
10-11-2004, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jenn and Hsing, another one of my favorites. That should be a good match <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Wendy,
Shin did not miss-it was unbelievable! Shin came in 4th at another WPBA event,but for some reason, it wasnt televised-I dont know why!
Congratulations to her and to Jens highest finish,SO FAR,ha ha ha-way to go!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-11-2004, 06:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Jenn and Hsing, another one of my favorites. That should be a good match.

I wonder what is up with AZ. They didn't post anything on World Summit either. Thank God for other sources! <hr /></blockquote>

Mike H. was supposed to have a stringer at the World Summit but something fell thru due to no fault of his.

And since the WPBA has been putting the brackets online Mike quit posting them at AZ because it was just unnecassary.

I think /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Hey Carol! You weren't too shabby yourself. One ball at a time...

Hey, Jenn did get to play a TV round, right? I ask 'cause I read her post over on AZ where she said that her TV round match is the one where she didn't play her game. Was there more coverage this time around?

landshark77
10-11-2004, 08:29 AM
Good question Wendy, because I read somewhere, here or over at AZ that the 4th/3rd place battle did not get taped. Why did they tape the 5th/4th battle instead? I say the more matches taped the better, but why did the skip one this time?

Steve Lipsky
10-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi Wendy. You had your morning coffee yet? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Jenn wrote that in her match to get into the TV round, she didn't play well. I think she phrased it like, "In the match for the TV round, I didn't play my game."

- Steve /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-11-2004, 09:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ...Hey, Jenn did get to play a TV round, right? I ask 'cause I read her post over on AZ where she said that her TV round match is the one where she didn't play her game. ...<hr /></blockquote>

I think she meant the match to get to the tv round.

9 Ball Girl
10-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Not only did I go back to reread her post, I was going to come back to edit my post and somewhere in between logging off of AZ and logging in to BD, I forgot!

Oy, I think I need more than coffee! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

CarolNYC
10-12-2004, 02:07 AM
Hey Wendy,
As some said, it was the match "for" the top 4!But,hey,5th/6th is great!
Shin was so cute-after the match,Mitch had to do a little interview with her and she was jumping up&amp;down-very excited,which in turn, made ME excited! ha ha ha
Miss ya,Wendy!

Carol