PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry--War hero

highsea
10-10-2004, 05:01 AM
You can't argue that John Kerry is not a war hero. After all, what other American veteran holds a place of honor in the Communist War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City for his heroic contributions to the North Vietnamese victory?

Can anyone deny that Kerry gave aid and comfort to the enemy? That Kerry's anti-American propaganda was played to United States Prisoners of War (POWs) as they were being tortured, that he vilified the reputations of 2.6 million American soldiers that served in combat in Southeast Asia (over a ten year period), vilified the 58,000 of our brave fighting men that died during the Vietnam conflict and vilified the 300,000 that were wounded in combat?

Is it not ironic then -- that the one war hero who emerges out of the battlefields of Vietnam is John Kerry? He wants to be Commander-In-Chief. Is he a villain or a hero? If he is a hero what about the 2.6 million American soldiers he labeled as villains? Are they still villains or are they now heroes or is Kerry the only real hero to emerge from Vietnam with his reputation whole? Can anyone wonder why 254 Swift Boat Veterans felt compelled to speak out?

Just listen to the Democrat propaganda machine. Bush is a liar; Bush lied to the American people; Bush is a coward; Bush is a deserter; Bush is a draft dodger; Bush joined the Guard to avoid Vietnam; Bush went AWOL; Bush lied to us about the war in Iraq; Bush lied about WMD; Bush deceived and betrayed the American people; Bush made the Iraq war up in Texas; Bush took us to war on a whim; Bush put Saddam’s prisons under new management; Bush should fire the Secretary of Defense; Bush should fire his National Security Advisor; Bush should fire the Director of the CIA; Bush should fire his Vice President; Bush should pull our troops out of Iraq; Bush has us in a Quagmire; Bush has no plan; Bush is a cowboy; Bush is an idiot; Bush is a dunce; Bush is dishonest; Bush is insane; Bush is an incompetent leader; Bush is a Nazi; Bush is a Fascist; Bush only went to Iraq for oil; Bush landed on the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln for a photo op; Bush misled the American people; Bush must go; Bush doesn’t honor the fallen dead, and on and on.

The Left-Wing attack strategy (regarding national security) employs a never-ending repertoire of doom and gloom scenarios, defeatism and negativity - augmented with an abundance of the above malicious slogans. If Left-Wing Democrats wonder why U.S. credibility is suffering internationally, all they have to do is look at the hate they’re putting out globally against the leadership of our country.

This is the reality of the Democratic Party (as represented by Sen. Kerry and Terry McAuliffe). They will stoop to any depth to obtain political power; it is an element that is willing to undermine the confidence of our fighting forces in their commander-in-chief in the midst of our global war on terrorism; it is an element that places political power higher on their priority list than U.S. National Security. This is without doubt the ugliest politics I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. No lie is too bold, no smear is off limits.

It's a sad commentary that to hear any positive views of the US today, one would have to travel to Afghanistan, where 10.5 million Afghanis have just conducted the first democratic election in their Nation's history. An election that the Democrats told us couldn't happen. Today they say the same thing about Iraq. They tell us that there is no way that elections can be held in January. What kind of message does this send to the millions of Iraqis who have suffered through decades of repression? That the US is going to give up now?

What would the world be like today if these people were in charge on 9/11? Would we still be debating what to do in the United Nations? Would Afghanistan still be under control of the Taliban? Would Iraq still be under the control of Saddam Hussein? Would cities in the United States have come under attack on multiple occasions as terrorist organizations were further emboldened by our meek responses? Would we be negotiating with al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations to preclude further attacks on our cities?

Qtec
10-10-2004, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> You can't argue that John Kerry is not a war hero. <font color="blue">As far as i know, the only people who call Kerry a hero are the GOPs. Show me where Kerry has declared himself a hero. </font color> After all, what other American veteran holds a place of honor in the Communist War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City for his heroic contributions to the North Vietnamese victory?

Can anyone deny that Kerry gave aid and comfort to the enemy? That Kerry's anti-American propaganda was played to United States Prisoners of War (POWs) as they were being tortured, that he vilified the reputations of 2.6 million American soldiers that served in combat in Southeast Asia (over a ten year period), vilified the 58,000 of our brave fighting men that died during the Vietnam conflict and vilified the 300,000 that were wounded in combat?

Is it not ironic then -- that the one war hero who emerges out of the battlefields of Vietnam is John Kerry? He wants to be Commander-In-Chief. Is he a villain or a hero? If he is a hero what about the 2.6 million American soldiers he labeled as villains? Are they still villains or are they now heroes or is Kerry the only real hero to emerge from Vietnam with his reputation whole? Can anyone wonder why 254 Swift Boat Veterans felt compelled to speak out?

Just listen to the Democrat propaganda machine. Bush is a liar; Bush lied to the American people; Bush is a coward; Bush is a deserter; Bush is a draft dodger; Bush joined the Guard to avoid Vietnam; Bush went AWOL; Bush lied to us about the war in Iraq; Bush lied about WMD; Bush deceived and betrayed the American people; Bush made the Iraq war up in Texas; Bush took us to war on a whim; Bush put Saddam’s prisons under new management; Bush should fire the Secretary of Defense; Bush should fire his National Security Advisor; Bush should fire the Director of the CIA; Bush should fire his Vice President; Bush should pull our troops out of Iraq; Bush has us in a Quagmire; Bush has no plan; Bush is a cowboy; Bush is an idiot; Bush is a dunce; Bush is dishonest; Bush is insane; Bush is an incompetent leader; Bush is a Nazi; Bush is a Fascist; Bush only went to Iraq for oil; Bush landed on the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln for a photo op; Bush misled the American people; Bush must go; Bush doesn’t honor the fallen dead, and on and on.
<font color="blue"> Dont know about Nazi or Fascist,but you are pretty much on the ball with the rest of your points. </font color>

The Left-Wing attack strategy (regarding national security) employs a never-ending repertoire of doom and gloom scenarios, defeatism and negativity - augmented with an abundance of the above malicious slogans. If Left-Wing Democrats wonder why U.S. credibility is suffering internationally, all they have to do is look at the hate they’re putting out globally against the leadership of our country.

This is the reality of the Democratic Party (as represented by Sen. Kerry and Terry McAuliffe). They will stoop to any depth to obtain political power; it is an element that is willing to undermine the confidence of our fighting forces in their commander-in-chief in the midst of our global war on terrorism; it is an element that places political power higher on their priority list than U.S. National Security. This is without doubt the ugliest politics I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. No lie is too bold, no smear is off limits.

It's a sad commentary that to hear any positive views of the US today, one would have to travel to Afghanistan, where 10.5 million Afghanis have just conducted the first democratic election in their Nation's history. An election that the Democrats told us couldn't happen. Today they say the same thing about Iraq. They tell us that there is no way that elections can be held in January. What kind of message does this send to the millions of Iraqis who have suffered through decades of repression? That the US is going to give up now?

What would the world be like today if these people were in charge on 9/11? Would we still be debating what to do in the United Nations? Would Afghanistan still be under control of the Taliban? Would Iraq still be under the control of Saddam Hussein? Would cities in the United States have come under attack on multiple occasions as terrorist organizations were further emboldened by our meek responses? Would we be negotiating with al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations to preclude further attacks on our cities? <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> HaHa. </font color>

...and you say the Dems are doom and gloom!

Wht cant you or GW just admit you were wrong?

Q

highsea
10-10-2004, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr><font color="blue"> As far as i know, the only people who call Kerry a hero are the GOPs.
Q</font color>
<hr /></blockquote> Oh, please. Tell me you're joking...

[ QUOTE ]
"As the Vice-Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, I worked with John Kerry and know first-hand of his commitment to protecting America and strengthening our intelligence. For over 30 years John Kerry has fought to defend America as a decorated war hero, as a prosecutor and as a U.S. Senator."<hr /></blockquote>Former US Senator Bob Kerrey
September 26, 2004
http://blog.johnkerry.com/rapidresponse/archives/002938.html

[ QUOTE ]
"The bottom line here is that John Kerry is an authentic war hero"<hr /></blockquote>Hillary Clinton, ABC-TV's "This Week"
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040901-123957-5003r.htm

[ QUOTE ]
"John Kerry understands the ideals of community, faith, and sacrifice, because they've defined his life. From his heroic service in Vietnam to his years as prosecutor and lieutenant governor, through two decades in the United States Senate, he has devoted himself to this country."<hr /></blockquote>Barack Obama, Keynote Speech, DNC Convention
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-07-27-obama-speech-text_x.ht

[ QUOTE ]
"John is a war hero who understands that America's strength comes from many sources especially the power of our ideas. He knows that a true leader inspires hope and vanquishes fear."<hr /></blockquote>Senator Ted Kennedy, DNC Convention Speech
http://www.lewiscountydemocrats.net/kennedy_convention_speech.htm

[ QUOTE ]
"In this election, there is a candidate whose character was forged through genuine battlefield heroism, through three Purple Hearts in the Vietnam War. John Kerry defended our freedom at the barrel of a gun. He put himself at personal peril to save the lives of his crewmates."<hr /></blockquote>Dick Gephardt
DNC Convention Speech
http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2004/demconv04/geph072704sp.html

Need more??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fair_Play
10-11-2004, 07:41 AM
John Kerry, true leader: [ QUOTE ]
"I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by the Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory which is seared — seared — in me...."
<hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> March 1986 speech on the Senate floor. </font color>
[ QUOTE ]
"I first was introduced to Cambodia when I spent Christmas Eve of 1968 in a river in Cambodia during the Vietnam conflict, and I found it to be a rather remarkable and very beautiful country...."
<hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">September 1997, during a hearing of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific affairs.
</font color>
John Kerry, War Hero... he says exactly what he means, and he knows exactly why he says it. Take it to the bank, financially, politically, or maritally.

1984 'Newspeak' finally arrives in the person of Senator John Forbes Kerry "seared - seared"

Fair Play

<font color="red"> More recently, in a profile of Kerry that appeared in the Washington Post in June 2003, Kerry revealed that he kept an old camouflage hat from the war in a secret pocket in his briefcase. "My good luck hat," Kerry told the paper. "Given to me by a CIA guy as we went in for a special mission in Cambodia."
<font color="blue"> John Kerry would be right at home in a VFW bar, swapping fantasies with the other lying blowhard wannabes. He obviously isn't satisfied with phony medals alone, he has to make up phony stories too. </font color>

how pathetic /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Fair_Play
10-11-2004, 08:20 AM
John Kerry?? He's publicly opposed to the Vietnam War. But then he volunteers for it. He volunteers for swift boats, likely because WHEN he voluneered they were the safest place to be - then mission changes and he finds himself actually having to be in a war zone. Then he comes back disgusted with his experience in war, publicly hurls his medals away (or someone else's: that story keeps changing), denounces his fellow veterans as war criminals, torturers and rapists, and claims that he personally committed atrocities.

But then he decides to run for president and suddenly Jane Fonda Kerry morphs into John Wayne and all those war criminals are war heroes he wants at every rally and he's got his medals back and his disgust at his wartime experience has mysteriously turned into pride in his wartime experience to the exclusion of all else.

the other day, asked a straightforward question about 9/11, he stuck to the current millennium for a good 20 seconds and then veered off into "the war that I fought in was a war where we saw America lose its support for the war, where the soldiers came back having had to do what our soldiers are doing today, carry an M-16 in another country, try to tell the difference between friend and foe. I know what it's like to go out at night on patrol", etc, etc. So, since Vietnam seems to be the only subject on which he has anything to say, it would be reassuring to know that at least he's got that right.

For most of his adult life John Kerry has peddled as his central Vietnam anecdote – the one that drove him to turn on his nation's leaders – what appears to be a complete fantasy. <font color="red"> CAMBODIA LIE </font color> Why would he do such a thing? If there's a good answer to that question, maybe we can find a democrat who would ask him? Fat Chance!

Fair Play

nAz
10-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Beating a dead horse, yawnnnnnnnnnnn

Fair_Play
10-11-2004, 09:45 AM
good point, but,
shucks, I swear I saw the dern thing breathe! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

All the best, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fair Play /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
<font color="blue">are you sure?? </font color>