PDA

View Full Version : Yanks vs. BoSox

9 Ball Girl
10-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Another classic battle.

So whadda ya say, Kato, do want to bet that same bet as we did last year???

landshark77
10-10-2004, 12:10 PM
Well, I'm not Kato, but I feel perpelled to throw in my $0.03, LOL! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The Sox ain't no Braves, but I guess you could say I am a bit like the Kerry supporters who really don't think Kerry would be a good leader, but they think anyone is better than Bush....I'm for ANYBODY who is not the Yanks! Goooooooooooooooooooooooo Sox! LOL!

Deeman2
10-11-2004, 07:08 AM
Nineballgirl,

It really make no difference as they can run but they can't hide from my Cardinals...

Deeman

9 Ball Girl
10-11-2004, 08:20 AM
We'll cross that bridge when we get there, know what I mean? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

armandito
10-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi 9ballgirl,
Go Yankeeeeees!

Deeman2 is right. No matter who wins, the Cards/Astros-Braves will have it easy, particularly if the Sox use Schilling as planned for games 1-4-7.

catscradle
10-13-2004, 04:36 AM
Oy vey, what happened to the pitchers duel between Schilling and Mussina????

Voodoo Daddy
10-13-2004, 04:49 AM
I hate the SOX...hate them like poison. Been a Yanks fan since the late 60's. The little humanity I had for Schilling's bad performance <hurt ankle or not> was overshadowed by his comments at the pre-game press conference. "I cant think of anything better than shutting up 55,000 Yankees fans"...He got rocked and I loved it.

The Cards will make a great World Series opponents...I look foward to "Murderer's Row" slapping that pitching staff around next. But tonight, its Pedro...with his midget good luck charm in the house that Ruth built...good luck.

Voodoo~~~Yank's win in 6

catscradle
10-13-2004, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I hate the SOX...hate them like poison. Been a Yanks fan since the late 60's. The little humanity I had for Schilling's bad performance &lt;hurt ankle or not&gt; was overshadowed by his comments at the pre-game press conference. "I cant think of anything better than shutting up 55,000 Yankees fans"...He got rocked and I loved it.

The Cards will make a great World Series opponents...I look foward to "Murderer's Row" slapping that pitching staff around next. But tonight, its Pedro...with his midget good luck charm in the house that Ruth built...good luck.

Voodoo~~~Yank's win in 6 <hr /></blockquote>

It's only baseball. An entertainment, remember? Both the Yanks and the Soxs are just professional entertainers who would play whereever they were paid to. They want to win of course because they're competitive people, but they'd want to win just as bad no matter where they played.

9 Ball Girl
10-13-2004, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>I hate the SOX...hate them like poison. Been a Yanks fan since the late 60's. The little humanity I had for Schilling's bad performance &lt;hurt ankle or not&gt; was overshadowed by his comments at the pre-game press conference. "I cant think of anything better than shutting up 55,000 Yankees fans"...He got rocked and I loved it.<hr /></blockquote>

Can anyone wonder why it is that I love this man? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
10-13-2004, 08:23 AM
I hate the Buttox. Hate their fans the most.
Invaded my Angels message board and started talking crap.
Memo to arrogant Buttox fans, 1918.
The Buttox players look like they have not showered since summer.
The Yanks come in pressed uni's, no ugly beards and no trash talking.
Wendy, if you were stuck in an island, who'd it be?
Jeter or ARod? I'm guessing Jeter b/c ARod is metrosexual.
He might ask you to polish his nails. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
10-13-2004, 09:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> It's only baseball.

No...its more than that when you have a love for something. Is pool just pool? I think not!!

An entertainment, remember? Both the Yanks and the Soxs are just professional entertainers who would play whereever they were paid to.

They are paid to do their jobs, I agree. I cant explain the feeling of being a Yankees's fan to anything else because there is nothing to compare it too, ya know?

They want to win of course because they're competitive people, but they'd want to win just as bad no matter where they played.

Bottom line is none of the players could give a rats ass about me or my problems...I know this but they are a little piece of my childhood I REFUSE to let go, 'nuff said!!

Voodoo~~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

9 Ball Girl
10-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Neither. I'd rather have Kato. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or Paul O'Niel. He was always my fav. My childhood fav, cause I actually met them, were Dave Winfield and Dave Righetti.

Voodoo Daddy
10-14-2004, 04:08 AM
Well, going to Fenway with a 2-0 is very comforting. Beating Schilling and Pedro is no easy task and it was done in style. I wonder if the Suicide Hotline in Mass. is suffering a overload of calls? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Voodoo~~~loves it...HAHAHAHAHA

catscradle
10-14-2004, 07:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Well, going to Fenway with a 2-0 is very comforting. Beating Schilling and Pedro is no easy task and it was done in style. I wonder if the Suicide Hotline in Mass. is suffering a overload of calls? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Voodoo~~~loves it...HAHAHAHAHA
<hr /></blockquote>

Only the kids (20 something and younger) are swamping the suicide hot lines. We Red Sox veterans (I'm 58, MA born and bred) are used to it, but I want to make it absolutely clear I do not believe in curses, only in money well spent. To make it worse my next favorite team is the Cubs (because they resisted night games so long). The Red Sox could never break my heart though, what breaks my heart is what the game of basketball and the Celtics in particular have become. Travelling? What's travelling? Palming? What's palming?

Voodoo Daddy
10-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Just so you know Cats that I'm not a 100% A$$HOLE I do like the Celtics and the Pats...both teams have great history. I love it when the Pats jack the Dolphins and the Celtics...'nuff said.

You have the Cubs runnin' second in your favorites list? Have a little sadistic side to ya? If either team won the big show...what would the fans have to bitch about? In real life...when I get back to N.E....first rounds on me, ok?

Voodoo~~~~reasonable to a point...unless I'm talkin' to KATO!!

Deeman2
10-14-2004, 08:46 AM
I went to a Yankee's game in Detroit where we got to sit in some seats behind the Yankee dugout that had been reserved for Steinbrenner. The friend I took was an English guy who brought his kid a neighbor and his kid. This neighbor was a die hard Tiger's fan, why I don't know. Anyway, this idiot spend the entire time yelling and harrassing Paul O'Niel and giving him a hard time. O'Niel was clearly upset at the way this guy was, which was embarrassing to me and my English friend.

After the game, O'Niel leaned over the dugout and gave each of these guy's little boys a baseball! Talk about class...I'm a Cardinals fan but think the Yankees have a tradition of understanding of the importance of the spirit of the game. We'll be wating for you after we dispose of Houston..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deeman

catscradle
10-14-2004, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Just so you know Cats that I'm not a 100% A$$HOLE ...
<hr /></blockquote>

Never thought you were for a minute, I know how "enthusiastic" true Yankee and Soxs fans can be. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe I'll give you my son's email that should make for some interesting exchanges, yikes!

[ QUOTE ]

You have the Cubs runnin' second in your favorites list? Have a little sadistic side to ya? <hr /></blockquote>

When I was a kid I had a summer camp counselor (Ernie was his name, but not Ernie Banks) who was in the Cubs farm system, ever since I've been a Cubs fan. Makes no sense, but that's the story behind that.

9 Ball Girl
10-14-2004, 01:04 PM
Who's your daddy? Bahahahahaha, that showed him. I CANNOT stand that Pedro. Bah!

Yes, going to Fenway with a 2-0 lead is, IMO, like the Feel Good Movie of the Year. LOL

Wendy&lt;---would gladly spring up some $$$ so that Ramirez and Martinez can get haircuts!

armandito
10-14-2004, 02:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/page2/quickie/041014_quickieA.jpg

Did anybody else hear ESPN radio 15 minutes before Game 1? Everybody sounded as if Boston was going to sweep NY. Now they are hoping they don't get swept. Yankees in 4/5.

Too bad MLB recalled the t-shirts. They are selling for $100 or more!!! on Ebay.

Also, after Game 2, and watching the Cards-Astros play, I think the Yankees will get their 27th trophy probably in game 6 at Yankee Stadium.

Finally, all Red Sox fans keep complaining about Francona's managing, but they seem to forget that without Francona, there would be no Schilling, therefore NO PLAYOFFS!!!

catscradle
10-17-2004, 11:28 AM
19-8 ... That even embarasses me and I'm not a fan, I only live in the Boston area. However what it really says is that the National League wins the World Series. The World Series is about defense and neither Boston nor New York has demonstrated any of that yet.

Voodoo Daddy
10-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Notice no KATO? No negative BS about A-Rod or Jeter? HAHAHAHAHAHA. I'll stop after this last comment...Dolphins 0-6? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Voodoo~~~~life is good, right now!!

9 Ball Girl
10-17-2004, 08:07 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

nhp
10-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Boston just hit a homerun to win the game in the 12th inning.

Cueless Joey
10-17-2004, 11:45 PM
They're just prolonging the agony. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
10-18-2004, 02:16 AM
I'm gonna root for Houston.

Hey, Joey, how's your cues coming? You know I'm interested...

Cueless Joey
10-18-2004, 08:10 AM
I just assembled two more. Both taken.
Check the Image Test thread at AZB.
The rest are still curing. I can't rush them as they are all very figured woods.
Thanks.

9 Ball Girl
10-18-2004, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> They're just prolonging the agony. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif