PDA

View Full Version : Had fun at the Midwest Open

rukiddingme
10-10-2004, 12:17 PM
I went to Pheasant Run on Saturday late afternoon just in time to see Spike Cass play his first match. What a stroke!
I ran into the entire Cass family and they were as gracious as ever. I love those guys.
I was going to sign up for a lesson with Strickland after I toured all the vendors but apparently after a loss he "left the building" never to be seen again...lol
I was almost tempted to buy a new to me but "used" to add to my collection but the deal fell through because the shaft had a wobble in it. It really hit well but who wants to shell out $375 for a cue with a warped shaft? Thanks CC for inspecting that cue!
ruk

jstrazzante
10-10-2004, 01:33 PM
hi veronique sp? its joey, it was nice meeting you. what happened last night? you left for dunkin doughnuts and i dont think you came back. glad to see you made it home though.were you still thinking about buying my cue? it was nice meeting you, we'll have to meet up and shoot sometime. c ya later, joey

Barbara
10-10-2004, 02:34 PM
Veronique? Is this Veronique Menard?

Barbara

Chris Cass
10-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Your kiddingme,

You didn't buy that cue? Geez, that was an awesome deal. That cue is worth and will be worth way more than the $375. deal. You could always get another shaft and I'm thinking that I know someone close to Art Cantando that would ask him if he'd fix one up for you.

You have to remember that nobody knows him yet. The word is out but not all receieve the word that isn't in the know.

What I saw wasn't a warp but it was used. It was tapered and although you can see light under the cue it still rolled pretty straight. That taper I've seen cue makers take out with sanding slightly.

What I wanted you to do was have $350. cash in your hand and tell him the shaft was warped and roll it in front of him. He would then argue but with the last day of the event and sales slow for most of the dealers. He would take it. Then, if you had a new shaft built buy Art and let him buff the cue out on the butt cap? It would be a great buy.

First let me say that I wasnn't suggesting you robb the guy but to the average player the shaft would appear warped. Only the experienced players know that the taper will show light under and that as long as when you roll it the top 7" and the bottom of the joint collar rolls straight. It's perfectly acceptable. IMHO

Next time. lol You won't find another SP from Art that cheap. Believe me. The only reason the booth poeple had a hardtime making any money is due to the products sold and the prices. No different than the U.S. Open.

VF is another story. That place is well known for it's exhitors sell well under cost to sell volume. They also sell many items that are under the $300. range. They do have their $300-$1000 and upward but those deals are also discounted. It's the place to buy everything and anything you need.

VF is great. That's how all the vendors used to be long ago at these big events. Not nowdays and the players know it. So, they'll spend money at the Mueller booth(my favorite) for all their googan needs and such while others have to wing it.

Funny getting on this subject but lets talk about it. The booths need to look at the other booths such as Mueller and Jacoby Cues and Joe Salazars booth. Some onf these booths look so cluttered and unorganized they look like they belong in a flea market. lol It's like the electronics sales out here by me. They'll host at a Holiday Inn and the room slammed with junk advertising one or two items dirt cheap and everything else is expensive or no deal and the deals are sold. While we pay the $5. admission fee. I don't even go anymore.

These booth people have to sell their items or wares discounted and advertise it well before the exhibit. Then, with help from the tournament directors announce them periodically once every 2 hrs. Then, it'll be that time to announce the deal on some items such as "Jacoby cues discounted $400. cue to $325. for the next hr. or something. Not, being too much of a sales pitch but a mention and keeping it classy.

They did this at the State event and it helps to let everyone know where the booth is located or even there. The Midwest Expo had their hands full but I'm sure if it were requested, they would have done everything to help out.

Well, I thought you had a great buy but cues are many and Art Cantando will be making very many nice ones for a longtime. I don't know how many you'll find at that price but I'm thinking, never again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You'd be surprised how many times I was asked where to buy my wheels contraption. One guy said he was asked by a few players that night and he wanted to talk to me about it at his booth. His booth was Pooldawg.com and one guy from Mueller told me that two guys asked him and I was also approached buy 2 others and wanted to know how much I was selling them for. LOL I told them I was in the process of looking into maketing. hahahah

Regards,

C.C.~~trying to help sell a cue and help a friend buy one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
10-10-2004, 08:46 PM
As usual, it was great seeing you again. I just wish we had more time to hang out. This was a busy weekend for us. I had a great time sitting and chatting with Perk and fasteddy7. Two of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Along with meeting new friends, seeing Grady and Randi, Dave, and yourself, was such a pleasure. And we even saw some players that Chris knew way back when, LOL. I had a wonderful time at this year's Midwest Expo/Open and can't wait for next year!

Heide

A_Reyes
10-10-2004, 08:54 PM
I went there on Friday night to see a friend of mine play and watch some of the Pro's. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed in Earl Strickland. I have only had the opportunity to see him on T.V. He got mad at about everything in his first match. For someone that represents a major cue manufacturer, like Cuetec, he has very poor sportsmanship. Vendors were expensive and few.

Overall, it was fun!

Chris Cass
10-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Hi A,

Welcome to the board. I'd like to give you my observations of Earl. I was there also but never watched his match or matches as I was busy doing other things. Anyway, he played some with my son Spike and was very nice. He talked to my wife as she walked up and told her that Spike was a shot and he'd been great later or something to that effect.

Anyway, I found out that Earl has a personal chemical imbalance of some type and does take medication for this also. I know how medication can cause you to have a bad side effect of somewhat of a mean streak. Mine has flustered me over stuff that I know I've dealt with yrs ago playing this game. It's returned with a devistating effect in me. Found that out this weekend too.

This however doesn't excuse Earl from going as far overboard as he has throughout his career shooting. It does however makes things a little more clear to understand. I do think he has to realise this isn't good for not only the sport but himself as a person.

It's also hard on the peop[le in his life I'm sure at certain times. I don't know? Maybe one day he'll reach a point where he'll calm down and see that in order for him to grow as a person and especially in his game to deal with this in a constructive way.

I also know of other shooters that do the same things and they're not chemically imbalanced and basically, child like. To the point of embarrassing themselves publically and looking for attention no matter if it's negative or not. Maybe and excuse for poor play? Who knows? Either way, they're only holding themselves from growing as a shooter. imho They're not no way talented as Earl but they might think so. Talent is a gift. How you develope it is a choice. How you kill it, is a shame.

No help here huh?,

C.C.~~grab a chair and watches the luckboxes go to work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

JimS
10-10-2004, 09:31 PM
I have never seen anyone, anywhere act as badly as Earl did Friday night. Never. Had he been in a pool hall there is no doubt he'd have gotten his clock cleaned.

He was mean and just plain cruel to John Hennessee, his opponnent. Earl got in his face right from the git-go and never let up. He yelled at him, glared at him at every opportunity, never had one decent word for him, called him names and did everything he could think of to humilate and embarass John.

I was there with my son in law and my 12 and 9 year old grandsons. Before the match started I told the boys that "this guy over here, Earl Strickland is a world class player". After the match the younger boy looked at me and while shaking his head and frowing with disappointment he said "Grandpa. I don't care how good he plays I think that Earl Strickland is a world class jerk!"

Out of the mouths of babes.

When they got home that was the only part of the tournament they told their Mom about. That's what one jerk can do for our game. That's the lasting memory those boys will have of pool and it's word class pool players and that's the story they will tell to their young friends when the get to school Monday. Nice going Earl.

Budweiser should get their name off his sleve immediately. He brings shame to the company name and to the game of pool.

Grady....I think you should have disqualified him for totally unsportsmanlike behavior. He deserved it and had it not been the great EARL THE PEARL doing the acting out I feel confident remedial action would have occurred.

JimS
10-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Hey CC!

It was good to see you and the family at the Open.

Regarding Earls behavior...there was a thread just the other day where someone posted "mental illness is no excuse for rude behavior" and I pointed out that even if it is an excuse there will still be consequences.

When I came back to the tournament Sat night, about 6 pm I drove by the west end of the main hotel building and there standing on the sidewalk, cue case on his shoulder, all by himself, was the great Earl.....all by himself.

My first reaction was anger at him for his behavior on Fri night. And then the anger was replaced by a feeling of pity. He looked very lonely and afraid. A lost soul. Consequences.

Chris Cass
10-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Hi Jim,

I don't know what to say to you about Earl? People watch him for that very reason. I know better than anyone that Earl is suffering inside. Moreso than Mr. Hennisey (sp). I can't blame Grady for not getting involved. I do know that Grady wants the events that he's involved with to run smooth and held in the highest esteem.

He was most likely put off guard or something that caused him not to react. I don't know. I do know that Earl will have to come to terms with his actions some point in time and soon. I fear it might lead to suicide. That would be all to much a loss for the sport. He's really a great player and it's got to be difficult to all that watch him perform. I don't watch Earls matches because that's not what I like about the game.

I like to watch Efren, Mica and a slu of others but I'm a player not a spectator. Of course sometimes I wonder about me as a player. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm sory for your grandchildren but I do have to wonder why? Why would you expose them to Earl when you know how he reacts? You could have just as easily have taken them to watch Mike Segal. Now Mike, is the best treat of all. imho Mike Segal looks so good and shoots lights out, still.

Not trying to make you mad but just trying to understand you a bit better.

Regards,

C.C.

JimS
10-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Hi Chris,

I took the boys there for a Friday night of pro pool and Earl happened to be playing where there were seats available. I was hoping to sit at Nicks table but no seats.

I'd heard of his antics but had no idea he was that bad. I could never have imagined he could have been as wildly immature and rude as he was. I certainly didn't mean to "expose" the kids to that kind of crap....we just ran into it and were stuck with the seats we had.

I know Grady didn't want to get involved but I believe he should have. It would have been a tough call to make and in his shoes I don't know that I would have actually done it but in retrospect I think that his intervention would have been the right thing to do....easy for me to say...I didn't have to make the call. In fact Grady did intervene when Earl was complaining at length about one of Hennessee's racks and Grady approved the rack as it stood...which shut Earl up for a minute or two.

Segal didn't play in the tournament, was seldom around up front, and to the best of my knowledge was not around Friday night.

Nick was playing a couple of table down from us and that helped. I was also able to point out a couple of friends playing Friday night. I couldn't see you but I did see Scott Laird.

The boys want to come to town in two weeks to go to Whiteys for the Midwest 9 Ball Tour thing. That might happen. See you there.?

Chris Cass
10-10-2004, 11:22 PM
Hi Jim,

Mike stayed mostly by the 9 ft practice table at the other end of the room. He played with anyone and so did Earl. The kids too. Spike played with both of them. They were having tons of fun and that would have been a better choice to catch Earl in a civil mood.

They would have enjoyed him as others did very much the entire time. The kids have more fun watching other kids more than watching the pros play. it's the adults that enjoy the pros more. Kids like kids. They would have loved to watch the kids play the junior event. I'll try to make it to Whiteys for the tourney.

About Grady. grady is extremely intelligent. He also knows Earl and knows if and when he should step in to defuse the situation. That's some touchy ground. It may have been escalated with Grady stepping in until called.

I'm thinking Grady knows when Earl is going too far and when he's just going to say his piece and move on to the next thing. I don't know but I do know Grady has a very smart head on his shoulders and isn't afraid of any human. That I have on first account at the Open. I think he did a marvelous job with what he had to work with.

Hopefully catch you later Jim,

C.C.~~Spike says hi... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
10-11-2004, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this Veronique Menard <hr /></blockquote>

No Barb!

Im glad all of you had a good time at the Midwest!
I heard there isnt many vendors there - is this true?

Carol

Fasteddy7
10-11-2004, 06:18 AM
I had a great time at the open and was able to meet chris and family and heywood. Spike won his tourney and played great. I wish i had a stroke that smooth. It was good meeting everyone.

Perk
10-11-2004, 06:56 AM
I returned with positive attitudes from the event. I thought the event was set up well. Two different playing areas, with two different atmospheres. I would like to thank Bob and Eydie for their support and the event.

1. I was able to meet with and play against some people from AZ and the CCB. Everyone was very nice, and some played pretty well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. In regards to the Action, it was everywhere. If you didnt find it, you probably didnt want it that much. If you were a One Pocket player, there was tons of action, and numerous players that continued to play the whole weekend. Even Cliff Joyner got into the action during one of the nights.

An advantage to this tourney was the availability to play on the 9' tables throughout the weekend. Only twice during the event (during the 9ball Pro event) were you not able to play due to all tables being scheduled for use.

3. The equipment was excellent. I love the Diamond tables, they look and play great. Heard many people make some comments regarding the tight pockets though. I didnt think they were bad, but I like it to hold a ball up if it doesnt hit the pocket properly. I think some people that play on bar tables were just used to Valley pockets. Another bonus was the amount of tables.

4. Access to the pros. It was very easy to be within a couple feet of the pros while they were playing a match or practicing. If you didnt mind standing, you could have watched any match/pro all weekend long just outside the sticks length away from a table. It was also available for premium seating which was above the tables. A disadvantage to this was the cost. I didnt mind having to pay $5.00 for a particular round, but the cost for the whole event (75.00) seemed high, and I think it showed in the amount of use of the premium seating. All the pros were available for signatures and most seemed willing to give them.

5. Setup of the arena. I like the main setup with the booths in the entrance, and surround the playing area. Some of the exhibitors made mention that they liked it as well compared to the previous year. I enjoyed the fact that it was non-smoking throughout the arena for 90 percent of the time (some got away with it during the late night hours when no one was around). It might be an inconvenience for the smokers, but as a spectator, it was a good thing. No burning eyes while being in the event center.

6. Items I picked up. I picked up a Turtle Tip Tapper. A new shaper and tapper that will not wear out. Guarenteed for life. It was worth a shot, and price lower than the Willard tools I have been using. I picked up a new J/B cue from the Fury booth. The Fury booth had their own table setup for demos, contests, and trick shots. Picked up a t-shirt from Rt9 booth along with a poster that will match my pool room. Purchased the 8-ball Bible from Sally from Inside English.

7. Someone mentioned that pricing was high. I think there might have been some confusion on the prices of the rooms. I was told 100.00 even with the pool player price, but I had friends that got their rooms for 69.00/rm. If that is the price, I cant see how people could complain about it.

8. I didnt like the fact that on wed/thur night, they stopped serving from the bars in the playing areas at 11:30 or so. That didnt seem right. They stayed open till 2:00 the other two nights.

Overall I had a very good time at the Expo/Open. I definately would plan on returning, and may return for the Jan event. May post individual stories a bit later.

Perk
10-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Meeting Chris/Karatemom/Spike:

Very nice family.

I had the opportunity to watch a few of CC's matches. Chris you are a very good player. In your match against Nick K (from Canada), you got a bit frustrated early due to your breaks and his rolls, and it set you back a bit. Then you turned it on a bit late, and rebounded to lose a hill game. Get control of your mind, and you will definately be a threat. IMO. BTW, I found out later that that guy is from Canada, and one of the best 8ball players that they have on a bar table. Watched him play against John Binon in the 8ball event, and he plays strong.

Thanks for beating me up in a few games of 9ball, I could have learned a few things from you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I bought that jump/break cue I was looking at, so I will work on that portion of my game, so I can get even next time (and maybe a few rolls like you got)! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Karatemom, it was very nice to bullshit with you during CC's matches, and I can see the influence you have on him. I didnt get to see you play, but did mention you won a couple of matches in the 8ball. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For anyone that hasnt saw Spike play, this young man plays pretty good. I was impressed with his stroke, and confidence. I didnt here how you finished though in the Junior Event? Also, thanks for letting me beat ya in the HoldEm game! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hated taking all your M&amp;M's like that.

All in all your family is very enjoyable to be around, and apprantely the pool gods have been nice to you!

Till next time.

JimS
10-11-2004, 07:14 AM
What's that? Spike won his tourney?! That would be too cool /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I walked around all weekend with my ccb key chain hanging out of my shirt pocket for all to see and the only person that noticed was Grady's wife. Not one other "taker". I was disappointed I didn't get to meet other CCB'rs.

I did meet some neat folks while doing my railbird thing. One older guy CC might know. I think his name was Vince Peachy (I have no idea how he spelled his last name). He said he was for years the houseman at Shooters in Chicago. He was very knowledgeable and had great stories about Billy Incardona, Jeff Carter, Bugs Rucker, Don "The Preacher" Feeney, and on and on...you name it. If they played pool in Chicago he had a story to tell about them. He said that he's 85 yrs old and had been played pool and especially 3 cushion all his life only recently having had to give up playing on the Senior Billiard Tour because his eyes are getting bad. Very cool guy, very friendly, very knowledgeable and very entertaining. I hope I can get around like he does after I have been on the planet for 85 years. I sure enjoyed sitting with him. I wish I'd gotten a phone number and address. I'd love to hang with him at Chris's, where he now plays. At age 61 I'm always glad to sit/play/talk with someone older than me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Most aren't!

Also, the Romano's did a great job with the tournament, imo...from a spectators viewpoint. The guy who was selling tickets for VIP seating and was in charge of the VIP seating section was a lot of fun and did a good job. Very personable and his great attitude helped me have a good time. I think his name was Vic. He had a limp, a constant smile, (despite some very long hours on the job... and come to think of it everybody that worked the tournament put in some hellashish hours but were still friendly and helpful). I had a lot of interaction with Vic and was impressed with his skills for handling the public. Good for business.

JimS
10-11-2004, 07:44 AM
There would have to be fewer venders than at VF...at least from what I've heard. VF is, from what I've heard,vendors heaven if you're looking for pool stuff to buy and my friend here in town who is a vendor did a lot of business at VF. He didn't even go to the MW Expo.

The MW Expo is only a couple years old and hopefully will continue to grow. I'll be back! Especially since all 3 of my daughters and 6 grandkids live within 10 minutes of Pheasant Run. Free room to stay in...free food, lots of hugs from little kids, geat pool to enjoy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Life is good!

haywood
10-11-2004, 08:27 AM
I think in all, it was a great event. I was a little surprised that a lot of the vendors I talked with said that sales were slower than they thought that they would be. Personally, I only bought 2 things that I needed mainly due to the fact that I need to watch my cash so I can pay for the custom that I should be getting before too long. I did see other people buying things though. I know the guy I rode up there with picked up an AWESOME Gilbert cue for next to nothing.

I believe the highlight for me was the feeling that for 6 bucks, I got to watch some really good matches and be in a pool oriented environment. I know it may be commonplace for most people on here, but I don't really get the chance to be around the game near as often as I'd like to simply because there aren't very many places to play around here unless you want to drive 100 miles or so.

As far as the "Earl Antics" go, watching his match with Hennesee felt like going back to the days when I did my college internship in the social work field. It makes absolutely no sense to me why someone would foul on the 1 ball, and muck the whole rack to put his oponent on the hill. I agree with what CC said, there is definitely something different going on in Earl's head that I think may be chemical. I just hope he gets to that point where he can look in the mirror some day and convince himself that he needs to get calmed down and get some friends where he can relax a little. He would be a better man for it and probably improve his game some.

dooziexx
10-11-2004, 12:23 PM
HI Chris,
Saw you on Saturday afternoon after you lost your 8ball match. You were pissed so I didnt want to approach you. But I did see you play a few games and you are a good player. I really like your southwest but I didnt get to see the Szamboti...

Anyways, I bought 2 Art Cantando SPs rolled straight. Im not sure which one you are talking about. The dealer that had the cues 3 of them, 1 with cocobolo handle and the other 2 were ebony. The cocobolo was used a little while 1 of the ebony was still new. Got them both the cocobolo and the new ebony at a great price.

So how did you fare at the tournament? I wasnt sure if the match I saw you lost was on the winners or losers side?

CarolNYC
10-12-2004, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
all 3 of my daughters and 6 grandkids live within 10 minutes <hr /></blockquote>

Thats very nice,Jim-good for you!
Nothing beats spending time with your family /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And thanks for the info-I appreciate it!
Hopefully you can make it to VF sometime and we'll be able to meet eachother!

TAke care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, I checked out your picture-I need an autograph,too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JimS
10-12-2004, 06:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> !
Nothing beats spending time with your family /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

You got that right darlin.

I hope to get out that way for VF or the Open but don't know when that might happen. I REALLY want to get to the Derby City thing for 10 days of craziness. Not this year but maybe next........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dmgwalsh
10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
you had to spend some money, didn't you? How did the rest of your games go? Dennis

jstrazzante
10-12-2004, 03:04 PM
hey perk, was that you and spike playing holdem at the turtle tapper booth? if not, my mistake. if it was... then that stinks, cause as i walked by the booth i was talking to the gentleman at the booth and he said he didnt work for them, he was just helping out. if it was you i wish i woulda know i coulda intriduced myself. oh well, theres always next year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John in NH
10-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Hi RUK,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you and CC, family, at the MIDWEST Classic. My wife and I had a great time as did many of the siniors that I met at the tournament. Unfortunately I had to forfeit two matches at the tournament because I was registered in two different events (Senior 9 ball, open 9 ball) hopefully future 9 ball players won't be foolish enough to enter these events at the same time. Chris Cass warned me that this could happen but I didn't know any better since this was my first Tournament.

Next year if I have a chance to play again in this event I would choose to play in the Seniors 8 ball and 9 ball events only.

Regards,

John

Perk
10-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeppers..that was me. Taking Spikes Candy Money /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Must not have had my cue with the ccb pin laying on the table...I was just helping out. Those Tappers are pretty cool, another item in my case. Well, I guess ya can say we kinda met!

As far as next year goes, I think I am going to try to get down there in January for the Windy City. I saw alot of stuff that I liked. I dont care about some of the negative things that people are posting. As that gets near, maybe we can setup a meeting for CCB'ers...seems that there were a few of us there....

A_Reyes
10-12-2004, 08:07 PM
OK, now I understand some of the reason for Earl's antics. Thanks. Just out of curiosity and since I have been out of the pool scene for seven years, what is the VF? I figure next year I'll enter the midwesttournament, it looked like lots of fun. I'm starting slowly this year by joining the APA in St.Charles/Batavia. Hope to see some of you locals on Wednesday nights! Angel /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
10-12-2004, 08:22 PM
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/

JimS
10-13-2004, 05:09 AM
The link Chris Cass provided is what the VF is. VF stands for Valley Forge where they hold the expo. Huge event!

Rich R.
10-13-2004, 05:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> The link Chris Cass provided is what the VF is. VF stands for Valley Forge where they hold the expo. Huge event! <hr /></blockquote>
Although they call it Valley Forge, as you said, and it is held in the Valley Forge Convention Center, it is actually located in King of Prussia, Pa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-13-2004, 06:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Although they call it Valley Forge, as you said, and it is held in the Valley Forge Convention Center, it is actually located in King of Prussia, Pa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Rich! You may have noticed that big park right across the street called Valley Forge National Monument (or park? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

Hope this helps /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
10-13-2004, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Hey Rich! You may have noticed that big park right across the street called Valley Forge National Monument (or park? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif) <hr /></blockquote>
Wally, you mean to tell me that there is something in Valley Forge, other than the Super Billiard Expo.
I'll have to look next time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dooziexx
10-13-2004, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote A_Reyes:</font><hr> OK, now I understand some of the reason for Earl's antics. Thanks. Just out of curiosity and since I have been out of the pool scene for seven years, what is the VF? I figure next year I'll enter the midwesttournament, it looked like lots of fun. I'm starting slowly this year by joining the APA in St.Charles/Batavia. Hope to see some of you locals on Wednesday nights! Angel /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Angel,
What a coincidence. Im in your APA wednesday nite league. My team plays out of the Batavia Moose Lodge. Whats location do you play out of?

CarolNYC
10-13-2004, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You got that right darlin.
<hr /></blockquote>

I like that,Jim /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And,as long as we know its gonna happen, its just one more thing to look forward too!

You stay well!

Carol

Eric.
10-14-2004, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> you mean to tell me that there is something in Valley Forge, other than the Super Billiard Expo?
<hr /></blockquote>

No. There isn't. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Eric

A_Reyes
10-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Erik, I had fun playing pool Wednesday night. I guess you now know where I play. hahaha
Angel /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
10-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Yes there is. There should be. Heck, I donated $166.50 in the policemans entertainment fund for my short 10 mil stretch driving that smooth as silk Caddy of Scott'. lol

C.C.~~next time I'm going to beat that sucka out. hahahaha how do you beat a radio? lol

Eric.
10-14-2004, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Yes there is. There should be. Heck, I donated $166.50 in the policemans entertainment fund for my short 10 mil stretch driving that smooth as silk Caddy of Scott'. lol

C.C.~~next time I'm going to beat that sucka out. hahahaha how do you beat a radio? lol <hr /></blockquote>

Chris,

You just gotta drive it like ya stole it.

Hey, how did you and Heide make out in the Midwest tourney (we know how Christ did!)?

Eric &gt;capable of evading high speed pursuit

SPetty
10-14-2004, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Eric &gt;capable of evading high speed pursuit <hr /></blockquote>And very capable at not being evaded in a high speed pursuit! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eric.
10-14-2004, 03:08 PM
(!)

Eric &gt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif