PDA

View Full Version : Larry Nevel's cue case? and did he win the tourney

JimS
10-10-2004, 09:50 PM
At the Midwest Open Larry Nevel had a BIG cue case and I'm wanting to investigate the possibility of getting one.

Anyone know what brand it is and/or where I can get one?

I couldn't get there Sunday since the grandkids birthday parties had to come first but Nevel had the hotseat from Sat night and I wonder if he won the tourney. I left Sat night before Gabe and Corey were done and I had the feeling that Gabe was going to beat Corey and go on to win the whole thing but Nevel was playing very well. In fact he played almost perfectly against Earl on Sat afternoon but was not quite that sharp against Marco Marquez that night.

Any news????.......and what about that cue case.

Bob C
10-10-2004, 10:14 PM
I didn't see Larry's big cue case, but I can tell you that he did win the final beating Marco Marquez 11-5.

JimS
10-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Thanks Bob....

Larry has that great big powerfull game and I kinda thought he might be able to take it down since he was playing extremely well...almost no mistakes.

But Marco was very impressive with his solid game with the obvious techniques and tricks he's learned from one hole and 3 cushion play. If his opponent made a mistake they paid for it!

Marco just kept beating the world beaters first beating Rodney Morris and then Corey and then either Gabe or Corey again. He's a tough cookie and when he gets in his rhythm he looks to be in a trance.

BooBoo
10-11-2004, 04:30 AM
If it's the same cue case he had last year at the Glass City Open, it is an Instroke Geo. It was yellow with black trim. There are alot of places where you can get these. I can get you one myself if you send me an e-mail at ehurwi@comcast.net. (Maple City Billiard Supply)

Perk
10-11-2004, 06:53 AM
If you dont get the answer you are looking for, call Hall of Fame Billiards in Detroit. Larry is now the House Pro. Could probably get the answer from them, or maybe even talk with him.

JimS
10-11-2004, 07:27 AM
Thanks Perk.

It was not yellow/black. It was all black, very large, appeared to be a soft case, not like anything I've even seen, not a Silverfox or anything like anything I've seen. Almost like a golf bag! While Larry was warming up for a match I asked him the name and he couldn't recall.

In Detroit? Somebody was saying he's living in Canada now. Thanks for the tip.

Perk
10-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Your welcome. When I spoke with Larry he mentioned that "we" were going to get an apartment in Detroit. I would assume that ment Rachel Abbink. Looks like Detroit might be a hot spot for some action in the upcoming months. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JimS
10-11-2004, 07:36 AM
Have you read the book Cornbread Red? Lots of talk about action in Detroit!! I'll try to get in touch with Larry and find out about the case. Thanks again. Wish we'd have met up at the MW Expo.

Perk
10-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Yes, I enjoyed that book. Great read.

Maybe will meet up at the Jan event, I am going to try to go, and by the sounds of it you might since your Grandkids live within 10 miles of there.

BTW...only disadvantage for me of the entire event was the .40 tolls coming in and out of the IL area. I went through 2 IPASS tolls by accident...

Magog
10-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Maybe Larry can coach Rachel and help get her on the ladies tour.

Barbara
10-11-2004, 05:23 PM
"Binky's" already won a few WPBA Qualifiers. How she has to (or want to) consistently play on the WPBA Tour is up to her.

Barbara

JimS
10-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Perk,

Just so you know...

I called Hall of Fame, it's in Warren Mi rather than Detroit and they told me that Larry does come in there, that he's a customer and does not work there. I'll try to catch him there.

Thanks for your efforts to help.

Later