PDA

View Full Version : Winston Churchill

Fair_Play
10-11-2004, 09:41 AM
I "ahsk" you, ain't it grand? In their old age, Kerry and Edwards, Kerry with a sucotash corn pone accent, and Johnny boy Edwards pontificating like Winston Churchill !!!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

George Bush has a serious handicap in dealing with
John Kerry and John Edwards - George does not 'shape shift' his voice at all, while the Kerry/Edwards team shares a theatrical ability to shift their accents depending upon the situation!

The famous 1971 Senate testimony of John Fonda Fonda
Kerry deliberately affected his accent during the testimony to sound like John and Bobby Kennedy. For example, he occasionally "ahsked" questions.

Switch to John Edwards:
Try to catch a clip of him speaking during his Senate race, where he had the normal, flat, nasal NC/upsate SC accent, then compare it to his accent now. "Ah gahta bey smaht tuh sownd so dumb." (YI, he is copying Rep. Virgil Goode's Central VA accent)
<font color="blue"> The John Edwards That North Carolina Knows 1/26/2004
</font color>
Again, to Kerry: his Senate testimony with the "high Boston Brahmin accent".
from the Chris Matthew's Show:
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/chrismatthews/show_transcript.asp?id=5112242
MATTHEWS: He sounds like a Brit! He sounds like a Brit!
EASTON: Which is gone. Itís completely gone!
MATTHEWS: I wonder why he decided that wasnít going to work?
BROOKS: Thurston Howell III.
What does Nina Easton (Boston Globe reporter) think when she hears young Kerry discuss Vietnam? Of course! Easton think itís very funny, because of Kerryís funny accent!

Kerry deliberately affected his accent during the testimony to sound like John and Bobby Kennedy. For example, he occasionally "ahsked"* questions....

Very very revealing! GW obviously needs an elocution coach, and, once he is past the basics, then an expert who can teach him to tailor his accent to suit his ambitions!

All the Best,

Fair Play

highsea
10-11-2004, 10:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fair_Play:</font><hr> Kerry deliberately affected his accent during the testimony to sound like John and Bobby Kennedy. For example, he occasionally "ahsked"* questions....<hr /></blockquote>Kerry was stumping in a black church in Florida again this weekend with his pal JJ.

I can't help wondering if he "axed" any questions to his audience...

Wally_in_Cincy
10-11-2004, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr>...I can't help wondering if he "axed" any questions to his audience... <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

I recall that "Jinjuss Khan" was noted for "axing" a few things in his time.