PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Pro 9 Ball stuff

Rip
05-16-2002, 07:17 AM
Jimmy Reid beat Francisco Bustamante 11-9 in the quarter finals during the 8pm session last night. It's nice to see the old guys...I mean the more mature players doing well.
Earl put on a show by going after fans during each of his matches, calling a couple of fans "a--holes" amongst other things. When his Asian opponent tapped a ball down while racking he announced "that is a two game penalty". The table rolled off ALOT (it really did) and he spent a few minutes demonstrating the "unlevelness" to the spectators. Earl then put on his headphones and listened to his CD/MP3 or voices from beyond while playing an entire game. When they put his match on the shot clock he stood next to the clock dude after each shot and asked "when should I hit the ball?" for the rest of the match!
Sam Monday was hill/hill with Ronnie Wiseman and Monday had been very frustrated by his opponents slow play. Monday needed the last three for the match, missed the shot and smashed his cue(a Keith Josey)into bits and pieces and stormed out of the arena. Lots of funny rolls on many of the tables. At the start of Allison F and LJJ's match last night they finally had to re-level the table. Enough dirt for now.
Regards, Rip

rackmup
05-16-2002, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Earl put on a show by going after fans during each of his matches, calling a couple of fans "a--holes" amongst other things.<hr></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>When they put his match on the shot clock he stood next to the clock dude after each shot and asked "when should I hit the ball?" for the rest of the match!
<hr></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Sam Monday was hill/hill with Ronnie Wiseman and Monday had been very frustrated by his opponents slow play. Monday needed the last three for the match, missed the shot and smashed his cue(a Keith Josey)into bits and pieces and stormed out of the arena. <hr></blockquote>

Ahhh...the calm demeanor of those professionals we all admire.

Regards,

Ken

PoolFan
05-16-2002, 09:46 AM
I was happy to see Reid in the final 8, it's been a long time.

The Strickland Show doesn't surprise me. Being upset early in the event, I'm sure he's been brewing.

Rod
05-16-2002, 11:07 AM
Rip, is that what you call intertainment? lol

JimS
05-16-2002, 11:10 AM
There is absolutely NO excuse for people who play at this level to have to put up with crummy tables or tables that are not properly setup.

It just astounds me that those in charge of these pro tournaments don't have the sense or integrity or whatever the hell it takes to provide quality equipment. RIDICULOUS!

Doctor_D
05-16-2002, 11:24 AM
Good afternoon:

Stiff fines and punitive sanctions are long overdue for these adult sized children.

Dr. D.

05-16-2002, 02:21 PM
I agree..

That EArl is pure entertainment..

Instead of getting mad, pissed off, or angry about "the antics of the pros".. Just laugh at EArl. For it is quite a show he puts on. Laugh at him, then he will get madder, you can laugh even more at him, eventually he will see the "humour" in the situation for himself..

He is a funny, funny guy..
I particularily like the bit about standing next to the clock guy and asking him when to shoot.. I am sure Earl has some Psychological "issues", but do not we all. If I was having a pool party, I would invite Earl, then make sure the table was just a little off, and we were using bent house cues for sticks. Then I would laugh at him when he went crazy..

He would probably take a swing at me, then I would laugh even harder. This is one funny man, and a hell of a shot..

Give us some more Earl comedy..
I love it..

Carson

Troy
05-16-2002, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rip:</font><hr>
Earl put on a show by going after fans during each of his matches, calling a couple of fans "a--holes" amongst other things. When his Asian opponent tapped a ball down while racking he announced "that is a two game penalty". The table rolled off ALOT (it really did) and he spent a few minutes demonstrating the "unlevelness" to the spectators. Earl then put on his headphones and listened to his CD/MP3 or voices from beyond while playing an entire game. When they put his match on the shot clock he stood next to the clock dude after each shot and asked "when should I hit the ball?" for the rest of the match!
Regards, Rip
<hr></blockquote>

If there was ever a question about Strickland getting into the Hall of Fame, antics like these should resolve the issue for now and the foreseeable future. Period !!!

Troy

Cueless Joey
05-16-2002, 02:44 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Carson:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I agree..

That EArl is pure entertainment..

Instead of getting mad, pissed off, or angry about "the antics of the pros".. Just laugh at EArl. For it is quite a show he puts on. Laugh at him, then he will get madder, you can laugh even more at him, eventually he will see the "humour" in the situation for himself..

He is a funny, funny guy..
I particularily like the bit about standing next to the clock guy and asking him when to shoot.. I am sure Earl has some Psychological "issues", but do not we all. If I was having a pool party, I would invite Earl, then make sure the table was just a little off, and we were using bent house cues for sticks. Then I would laugh at him when he went crazy..

He would probably take a swing at me, then I would laugh even harder. This is one funny man, and a hell of a shot..

Give us some more Earl comedy..
I love it..

Carson &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;......
Of course, BCA can make sure he doesn't do it next year by BANNING him. One would think Earl would behave like a MATURE person after he gets spanked heavily.

PoolFan
05-16-2002, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't count on that happening. I'll bet you anything that he'll get into the HOF one day.

His sportsmanship won't hold him back from getting in eventually. Maybe the short term, the BCA will hold back, but eventually they'll vote him in. His accomplishments are so strong.

As for his attitude, it sucks. But we have all come to expect how he is. What kind of year would it be if we didn't have some Earl story to past around? Dull.

stickman
05-16-2002, 03:28 PM
With an inmature idiot like this representing the best of us, it's no wonder pool seldom gets TV air time, and sponsors aren't excited about offering sponsorships.

Cueless Joey
05-16-2002, 03:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> With an inmature idiot like this representing the best of us, it's no wonder pool seldom gets TV air time, and sponsors aren't excited about offering sponsorships. <hr></blockquote>.....
Agreed.

05-16-2002, 06:23 PM
If we're going to start banning players from the HOF because of personality, conduct, or temperment, we need to go back and throw out some players that are already there. Mosconi would have to go. His ill-temperment is well known. Or how about Boston Shorty. He would throw a game or a set in a heartbeat, if the side action was right. In fact, how many HoF'ers didn't start there pool careers hustling pool. Now there's an honorable profession, some real role-models. Then there's Greenleaf who was drunk more often than not. Or how about Wimpy, not many players could keep up with him in the complaint department. In my opinion all these players deserve to be in the HoF. The HoF is about ability and Earl definately has ability. Jim R.

05-17-2002, 08:51 AM
HOW IS IT THAT U CAN LET A MAN LIKE EARL CALL U A-HOLE AND NOT GET KNOCKED OUT .SEE THAT IS THE REASON WHY MEN'S PRO TOUR IS IN THE RIVER.
BUT EARL ONE DAY U'LL CALL THE RIGHT PERSON THE WRONG NAME AND YOU'LL GET KNOCK THE F... OUT.YOUR TIME WILL COME .AND I WOULD LOVE 2 BE THERE WHEN IT HAPPENS.SO I CAN GET SOME REAL GOOD PHOTO'S .U'LL NEVER KNOW 2 MANY CRAZE POOL PLAYERS IN THE WORLD .AND PEOPLE 2...:-)SEE YOU SOON (PEARL).