10-11-2004, 01:18 PM
In case you did not know...

3 hours of the WPBA Peoria event beginning at 9 pm
tonight

if my sources are correct

I apologize for not posting this earlier. I forgot

PQQLK9
10-11-2004, 01:29 PM
According to TV guide you are correct. Beats monday Night Football unless the Deadskins (Redskins) are playing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ives
10-11-2004, 01:31 PM
allready have the vcr set. starts here at 7pm ( mountain time ). Thanks for the reminder. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Was it me or was the 6 ball not touching the 2 ball when they did a closeup of Steve Tipton racking the balls?

PQQLK9
10-12-2004, 09:10 AM
I think Monica Webb should have been penalized (in the semi-final match)at least a game for throwing the cue ball across the table after she scratched when caroming the nine in.
I think she also disturbed another ball.

Even though she survived the match she stormed off the set with nary a comment from the announcers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-12-2004, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Was it me or was the 6 ball not touching the 2 ball when they did a closeup of Steve Tipton racking the balls? <hr /></blockquote>

I think the shot of Steve racking is done before the match even begins and inserted into the middle of the match. If you watch all 3 matches you will notice it is probably the same exact shot for all 3.

I also figure he did it quickly (thus the loose rack) to demonstrate how simple racking is with the "Brunswick Big-Break Rack" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's my theory anyway

Ives
10-12-2004, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Was it me or was the 6 ball not touching the 2 ball when they did a closeup of Steve Tipton racking the balls? <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah, i noticed it as well, the gap looked big enough to fit a ball point pen in. Maybe it was just the angle of the tv camera.

Ives
10-12-2004, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I think Monica Webb should have been penalized (in the semi-final match)at least a game for throwing the cue ball across the table after she scratched when caroming the nine in.
I think she also disturbed another ball <hr /></blockquote>

My wife and I were wondering about that, if someone loses there cool and disturbes the table like that, whether on purpose or not, is there some kind of penalty imposed or are the balls just respotted.

Sid_Vicious
10-12-2004, 09:54 AM
I'll bet the answer is that a warning is issued and the ball is re-spotted. My personal feeling is that it should be a loss of game penalty, case closed! sid

9 Ball Girl
10-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Yeah it was the same rack everytime. I'll go with your theory.

cuechick
10-12-2004, 08:17 PM
The penalty should have been a loss of game, the ball she moved the 6, was the ball Kim scratched on...had it not been moved the outcome could have been completely different. I like Monica but that is the penalty if you disturb balls in on the table by throwing the cue ball. I thought it was funny that they just didn't even comment on it. Or it was edited out.
Hey why not bring some excitement to the game? It works for tennis!