PDA

View Full Version : Poolhalls in Seattle

Elvis
10-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Looking for information...never been there...anyone on here from that area?

JimS
10-12-2004, 09:59 AM
I don't know anyting about Seattle but I do know how to bump this post back to the top where you might get a reasonably intelligent and informative reply /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

UWPoolGod
10-12-2004, 10:44 AM
I know this was discussed on a previous thread and I could not find it. Here's a run down:

The Breaking Point - Lynnwood, WA: Nice place with Gold Crowns and some newer tables. Decent place that has a full bar. Drawback...the 13-17 year old kids running around being teenagers.

Dr. Cues Billiards- Bothell, WA: My favorite place. Two seperate rooms, 7 9 footers each. Kids in the back, players in the front. Diamond lights on the front black/corner-chromed brunswicks. Action players if you are searching for it. Drawbacks: Again an underage establishment with no alcohol, so kids running about restlessly and a couple high traffic tables.

Jillians Seattle - Eastlake in Seattle: Anoither of the popular chain of clubs with pooltables. They have 20+ gold crowns with one of only 2 12x6 snooker tables in the area. Good food, good drinks, hot women. Not an action players poolhall. Recently switched to a slower cloth.

Belltown Billiards - Belltown in Seattle: Just like Jilliams only smaller. Dance floor on the weekends next to the tables.

A few others in the south Seattle area near SouthCenter also.

Bob_in_Cincy
10-13-2004, 05:35 AM
There's a place downtown on Broadway called The Garage. Full bar, food, quite a few tables.

Bob

highsea
10-13-2004, 03:16 PM
I like Belltown Billiards. It's a little pricey, but a nice atmosphere and good tables. As UWPG said, it's smaller than Jillians. It can be hard to get a table in the evenings, and forget Friday and Saturday nights. The blackened chicken sandwich is killer. (12..IIRC) GC's w/860.

I've never been to the Garage, but I will try to get there soon and post a review on this thread.

Another worthwhile mention is City Lights in Tacoma, about 30 miles south of Seattle. It's a little more industrial, but the prices are more reasonable, tables are pretty good, and it's easy to get a table. (9 or 10) Crowns w/760, (6) barboxes, (1) 6X12 snooker.

Lunchmoney
10-14-2004, 11:04 AM
There is another room in Mount Vernon, Riverside Billiards and Blues. About 60 miles north of Seattle. Very reasonable prices. Right now he has 12 9-footers and is going to be adding in the near future (3 or 4 months)4 more 9-footers and possibly some bar boxes upstairs along with live blues music and a bar. A mexican restaurant will be opening in January also. Some 1-hole and 9ball action to be had but nothing real high. There is also another room that just opened up on Cornwall street in downtown Bellingham, Haven't been there but heard it's kind of pricey. Lastly, I just read about a room that opened in Lakewood in the Tacoma area no info on it though.

John_Madden
10-14-2004, 05:37 PM
Harvey's Billiards, 4100 E. Valley Hwy, Renton, WA 425-251-9851 (in metro Seattle area). Good people at Harveys including Charlie Aylesworth. Say hi for me - her husband does trick shot exhibitions and tournaments. He was just in a tournament in Vegas with Mike Massey, Tom Rossman, Andy Segal, Stefano Pelinga, etc (part of APA National Team Championships - "Sarge" Ken Aylesworth came in 13th.)
Enjoy Seattle.
John Madden
www.johnmaddencues.com (http://www.johnmaddencues.com)

steffi
10-20-2004, 06:55 PM
I use to frequent the 211 club when it was in operation. It was the place the serious players went to. I'm not sure what happened to that building. I think it may have burnt down.

Gillians isn't very good about table maintenance and Bell town is more a pickup joint than a serious pool hang out.

Lunchmoney
10-24-2004, 09:58 PM
The 2-11 didn't burn down, they just closed the doors. Parking was a real issue and it wasn't the best place to be late at night. Years earlier it was the action spot of Seattle. Maybe some "old Timers" on the board can relate some stories.