PDA

View Full Version : People In The USA Must Have Known About 9/11

nhp
10-12-2004, 12:59 AM
I'm not saying our government like some of the extreme left wingers are saying, but this information just slaps you in the face:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/putcall.htm

Unbelievable....

highsea
10-12-2004, 03:52 AM
Nat, here is the link to the 9/11 commission report:

http://www.9-11commission.gov/

Please read it and think about those 3000.

nhp
10-12-2004, 05:02 AM
Which part of the report talks about what I mentioned?

Qtec
10-12-2004, 03:48 PM
This might interest you.

Strange.

http://ww1.sundayherald.com/37707

Q

Chopstick
10-13-2004, 12:26 PM
I used to trade options. This kind of volume is well within the reach of a small group individuals. Even as a relatively small investor it would not be unusual for me to have a couple hundred of positions open at any given time. Someone with the financial resources of Al Qaeda could easily have done them selves and it makes perfect that they would.

highsea
10-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Nat, your thread title suggests some kind of conspiracy within the US. Even if there was a conspiracy, many of the put options originated at the Deutche Bank in Germany. In fact, they were spread out pretty well between 4 or 5 different trading houses.

If, and I say IF, this was related to the terror attacks, there is no evidence pointing to any conspiracy in the US. All of the airlines were showing negative numbers well in advance of the attacks, and many were getting sold short in ratios not previously seen.

For example, short interest in Dutch air carrier KLM also soared in the weeks leading up to Sept.11. In August, short interest stood at 135,761 shares. In September, the number hit 303,074 shares. KLM's short ratio spiked from three days to seven days prior to the attack, higher than any prior shorting activity in KLM.

Virtually all of the major airlines were posting negative numbers in 2001. And it wasn't just UAL and AMR that were being sold short. IIRC, UAL was set to post a $2Mil. loss for the year. Obviously this is going to generate put options on the stock.

I need to see more evidence before I buy into the conspiracy theory, and I certainly want to see it before I accept that someone in the US was complicit. These stocks are traded internationally. Since they are US stocks, they have to go through US houses, but that does not mean the transaction originated within the US.

edit to add: This is going on today at a rate 5 times greater than after the 9/11 attacks. [ QUOTE ]
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) - As U.S. airlines struggle to stay aloft, some investors are circling like hawks anticipating three of the largest U.S. carriers will be in bankruptcy by year-end and spark a industry-wide shake-out.

Short holdings in airline stocks - betting that prices will fall rather than rise - are five times greater than after Sept. 11, 2001, when the industry was under siege. As of Aug. 15, investors were shorting 187.8 million shares of nine carriers listed in the AMEX Airline Index and discounter AirTran - a 56 percent rise since January, according to Schaeffer Investment Research data.<hr /></blockquote> link (http://www.karmabanque.com/modules.php?op=modload&amp;name=News&amp;file=article&amp;sid= 1654)
Do you think another attack is coming? Or could it be market forces causing the short selling?

nhp
10-13-2004, 01:33 PM
Highsea I do not believe anyone in our government had something to do with 9/11 like alot of the far left liberals believe. I do think that perhaps somewhere high up in the class of non-government individuals could have had something to do with it, perhaps lending assistance to the terrorists, as there was alot of profit to be made in it.

highsea
10-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Well, I don't know. I just know I'm getting dam sick of the 9/11 conspiracy theories.

The total short position of the AMR and UAL positions was worth about $12 Mil. Of this, about $2.5 Mil. stands uncollected. So maybe there was someone trading somewhere with advance knowledge, who is now afraid to collect their money. But there is no evidence that says it was someone within the US. I think one needs to consider the financial health of UAL and AMR at the time before jumping to conclusions.

Nostroke
10-14-2004, 09:53 PM
I heard those very same put/short stories the week of the attacks and that the buyers of the Puts were being investigated and i have yet to hear what the result of that invertigation was. It does make me wonder. It's not like someone was just saying it now- it was being said plenty starting a day or two after the attacks at most.