PDA

View Full Version : Message to Qtec

highsea
10-12-2004, 03:47 AM
Q, I don't want to be overly critical. It is our style to let everyone have their say. But I would like you to think about this...You are not a US citizen. Have your say about our election, but don't spend your whole day on it.

My country has spent the last 20 years or so taking hits here and there. 242 Marines in killed by Hizbollah in Beirut. 17 sailors on the Cole, one of our nicest boats. The '93 bombing in New York, where Binalsheib thought he was going to take the towers down. The Embassies in Africa.

I appreciate that you think this affects you. And I realize that at a certain level it does.

But when you disrespect the President of the United States, you disrespect the citizens also. We are a proud country, and we have always come to the aid of those in need. We are not perfect, and we know that. But I ask you to respect that, and to respect our leaders, as we respect others.

I'm not saying that critism is off limits, I'm just asking that it is done in a manner that is congenial and in proportion, and that takes in consideration the people you are critisizing.

hondo
10-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi-C, I believe you AND GW should take a good look
at the way the rest of the world perceives us.
Thank God, Kerry understands this.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-13-2004, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Hi-C, I believe you AND GW should take a good look
<hr /></blockquote>

Through the blind rage of jealousy?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Thank God, Kerry understands this. <hr /></blockquote>

So you're saying Kerry understands why America is hated? If that's the case, what a patriot he truly is.

Thank God he will not be elected.

hondo
10-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Oh, God , you sound just like Bush. It's the same old
"you're either with us or against us." To protest GW
is to be unpatriotic. What a twisted load of crap.

So you're saying Kerry understands why America is hated? If that's the case, what a patriot he truly is.

Thank God he will not be elected. <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
10-13-2004, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Oh, God , you sound just like Bush. It's the same old
<hr /></blockquote>

Speaking of twisted, that's what you did with my words.

I din't say anything about Dubya. You say Kerry "understands" how other countries view us (I'm assuming you mean "hate" us). I am of the opinion that the good we have done in the world far outweighs the bad and there is no reason for them to hate us.

You should know everybody always resents and takes potshots at the most successful people. I see the US as that "king of the hill" that many of the other countries want to knock off the hill.

Think for a minute, back to WWI to the present, what would this world be like without the United States?

Fair_Play
10-13-2004, 01:10 PM
I would be able to sell my Nazi militaria on eBay!

(joke...)

Fair Play

stickman
10-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Kind of like when my bigger sister and I fought like cat and dog. Someone outside of the family best not mess with my big Sis. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
10-14-2004, 10:56 AM
[There's certainly a lot of truth in what you're
saying but what does this have to do with current
views of bush attacking Iraq? I've been to several
countries over the years and never saw the animosity
I now see towards America. The sad thing is bush
and his cronies and blind followers on here don't
care. Trust me; this will come back to haunt us.

quote=Wally_in_Cincy] <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Oh, God , you sound just like Bush. It's the same old
<hr /></blockquote>

Speaking of twisted, that's what you did with my words.

I din't say anything about Dubya. You say Kerry "understands" how other countries view us (I'm assuming you mean "hate" us). I am of the opinion that the good we have done in the world far outweighs the bad and there is no reason for them to hate us.

You should know everybody always resents and takes potshots at the most successful people. I see the US as that "king of the hill" that many of the other countries want to knock off the hill.

Think for a minute, back to WWI to the present, what would this world be like without the United States? <hr /></blockquote>

highsea
10-14-2004, 04:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>Hi-C, I believe you AND GW should take a good look at the way the rest of the world perceives us.
Thank God, Kerry understands this.<hr /></blockquote> Hondo I am quite aware of the way the US is percieved in the rest of the world (which by the way extends a little farther than just France and Germany). I am sure the president is aware also.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Oh, God , you sound just like Bush. It's the same old "you're either with us or against us." To protest GW is to be unpatriotic. What a twisted load of crap.<hr /></blockquote>I said nothing in my OP about protesting being unpatriotic. My post was about civil discourse. To call the President of the United States a "brainless idiot", as Q recently posted in another thread, shows lack of respect, and the inability to formulate a coherent argument.

There is no reason to resort to name calling when referring to world leaders. There is nothing off-limits about legitimate criticism, but there is no reason to be intentionally offensive.

Qtec
10-14-2004, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To call the President of the United States a "brainless idiot", as Q recently posted in another thread, shows lack of respect, and the inability to formulate a coherent argument.

There is no reason to resort to name calling when referring to world leaders. There is nothing off-limits about legitimate criticism, but there is no reason to be intentionally offensive.
<hr /></blockquote>

Kerry-traitor
Mc Cain..................................... Colaborator[Sp]
The guy who lost 3 limbs in Vietnam.......... Un-Patriotic

......and the list goes on.

Without exception, everyone who has pointed out a lie/misrepresentation from the present Admin,, has been the subject character assasination.
Like Amb. Wilson,[ the yellowcake afair?] this Admin 'outed'an undercover CIA agent in an attempt to discredit a disenting voice! <font color="blue"> Dont hear anything from the GOPs on that one!!!!!!! </font color>
<font color="blue"> Apparently, Amb. Wilsons claims turned out to be true /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif</font color>

<font color="purple"> The fact is, Saddam ALREADY had 100,s of tons of Yellowcake when the Govt made this claim. If he couldnt do anything with the Yellowcake that he had- why would he want to buy more? </font color>

Next time you want to talk about 'RESPECT'for the President...
..lets talk about how much respect the GOPs gave PRESIDENT CLINTON.
Or how much you and others give Sen.Kerry on this board. A CERTIFIED WAR HERO.[ according to many Reps /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif]

Q

Q

highsea
10-14-2004, 06:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Next time you want to talk about 'RESPECT'for the President...
..lets talk about how much respect the GOPs gave PRESIDENT CLINTON.
Or how much you and others give Sen.Kerry on this board. A CERTIFIED WAR HERO.[ according to many Reps /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif]
<hr /></blockquote>I'm talking about the dignity of the office, Q. As an American, I will defend that. If you have criticism of President Bush, fire away. If you become insulting by calling him a liar or an idiot, I will call you on it.

Imo, Clinton did more to discredit the office than anyone since Nixon, by perjuring himself when he was President. At least Nixon had the dignity to resign.

As for Kerry, I don't have much respect for him, but I don't recall calling him any names either. I just don't trust him.

But a Senator is not a President. My own State has a Senator, Jim McDermott, whom I consider little more than a court jester.

If Kerry wins the election, I will not have any more respect for him, but I will wait and see what he does as President before I criticize him. My complaint about him right now is that he's selling this country a bill of goods regarding our National Security.

There's an old saying, "Never buy a cow in the moonlight".

Fair_Play
10-14-2004, 06:34 PM
<font color="blue"> Hello again, Q </font color>

Q, you are a blind man who is convinced he sees the light. Unfortunately for you, the only light you are seeing is caused by your insistance on running into brick walls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I think you are having visual hallucinations again, Q. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

We are all concerned for you, Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

We all know that <font color="red"> I AM </font color> a figment of your imagination... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hey, do you know SGT Scott? We joke with him quite a bit, he is Canadian, you see. Pretty sharp guy. He is getting his citizenship pretty soon.. then he won't even be Canadian, any more.

Good luck with the hallucinations, Q

Be real careful, next you will start with spatial disorientation, and think you are in the U.S.!!

<font color="red"> Take Care, </font color>

<font color="blue"> Fair Play aka </font color> <font color="red"> "Double Tap" </font color>

ps. IMO, your PM talks funny, is he becoming a separatist?

catscradle
10-15-2004, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Hi-C, I believe you AND GW should take a good look
Thank God, Kerry understands this. <hr /></blockquote>

Kerry is a phony smuck. There are a lot of good democrats and a lot of good liberals who believe in what they say and are grounded in reality. Kerry is not one of them, he like many other politicians is just saying what he thinks the people want to hear, we have no idea whatsoever what he really believes. Of course, being from Massachusetts I'm used to politicians like that, but that doesn't make them any more acceptable. Also being from MA I don't really have a vote because the state will ALWAYS go democrat. If I vote democrat my vote is just another in a sea of votes, if I vote republican it's just whistling in the wind.
If you really hate Bush that much vote for Kerry, but know what your voting for.