PDA

View Full Version : best state for billiards

bomber
10-12-2004, 10:48 AM
which state do u guys feel is the best pool state. cali, ny, florida, texas, etc...

#### leonard
10-12-2004, 04:03 PM
The best is the right State of Mind,

No Southern state is worth playing or living in for a poolplayer. It is to HOT and the cloth doesn't react well to sweaty balls. The North in the Winter is perfect pool country.####

SPetty
10-12-2004, 05:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> No Southern state is worth playing or living in for a poolplayer. <hr /></blockquote>Actually, ####, we have something called "air conditioning" down here now... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Christy9
10-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Of the states that I've visited, I believe North Carolina is the best pool state. Although, I have heard many people say that Texas is an awesome pool state!

Chris Cass
10-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Where's the easiest players?

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
10-13-2004, 04:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Where's the easiest players?

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

The Quad Cities of course... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Voodoo~~~cracks himself up

JimS
10-13-2004, 04:51 AM
Seems like Fl is the place to play pool...if you want to rub shoulders and get whupped by the best. Like Voodoo /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif, or Nick, or Buddy, or Ray Martin and lots of others on the Florida tour.

Kinda wish I was there....except when the wind blows. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Paul_Mon
10-13-2004, 05:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> The best is the right State of Mind,

No Southern state is worth playing or living in for a poolplayer. It is to HOT and the cloth doesn't react well to sweaty balls. The North in the Winter is perfect pool country.#### <hr /></blockquote>

I know what you mean Butch. I keep a dehumidifier running from April thru October. But once the furnace kicks on and that dry air starts pumping thru the house the table plays it's best. My wife complains that I don't use the humidifier any more in the winter, she's right I don't. When I converted my basement into a pool room I specifically relocated a heat vent directly over the pool table and built an elevated spot for the duhumidifier. I even plumbed a copper line behind the wall going to a drain for the dehumidifier. One of the halls locally would skimp on the A/C and it was unbearable trying to play there in the summer. One time it was so bad that I couldn't slide the racked balls into position! But I wouldn't go so far as to not wanting to live in the southern states. Outside of hurricane season there are lots of benefits of living there. Given the option I'd like to live (or retire) in LasVegas.

best regards.....Paul Mon

Fred Agnir
10-13-2004, 06:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bomber:</font><hr> which state do u guys feel is the best pool state. cali, ny, florida, texas, etc... <hr /></blockquote>

Heck of an open-ended question.

IMO, the fanciest pool halls are in my area (New England), but some people aren't into fancy. If you've never been to a Boston Billiards,a Jillians, or a Snookers in RI, you're missing out on the yuppiest of experiences.

The best action I've seen is at Hard Times in Bellflower, CA.

The highest level of amateurs (this one's tough to define) is Columbus and Dayton, OH.

The place to see the most top professionals at the local pool hall? Florida

Want bank pool and one-hole action? Lexington, KY

Combo of 3C and pool? Chicago

Fred

Ives
10-13-2004, 07:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bomber:</font><hr> which state do u guys feel is the best pool state. cali, ny, florida, texas, etc... <hr /></blockquote>

Don't know about the best, but i know the worst. Where im at now, UTAH , has got to be the worst. No gambling laws make it real undesirable for pool. They have plenty of places to play, but as far as ive been able to find out there is no national leagues here ( APA, TAP, BCA ). If anyone knows differently, let me know.

SpiderMan
10-13-2004, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> The best is the right State of Mind,

No Southern state is worth playing or living in for a poolplayer. It is to HOT and the cloth doesn't react well to sweaty balls. The North in the Winter is perfect pool country.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Here in Dallas they have a wonderful invention, "air conditioning". Most of the more progressive establishments have adopted it as a standard. The exception is Rack Daddy's on Abrams, where it only seems to be functional when the outside temp is below 80.

I think they must have discovered AC in Florida by now, I keep hearing about so many pros settling there. Hopefully they don't buy their units from the same vendor as Rack Daddy's.

SpiderMan

SpiderMan
10-13-2004, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Christy9:</font><hr> Of the states that I've visited, I believe North Carolina is the best pool state. Although, I have heard many people say that Texas is an awesome pool state! <hr /></blockquote>

PettyPoint Pool Hall is in Texas, that says it for me.

SpiderMan

Deeman2
10-13-2004, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Christy9:</font><hr> Of the states that I've visited, I believe North Carolina is the best pool state. Although, I have heard many people say that Texas is an awesome pool state! <hr /></blockquote>

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I second that emotion.

Deeman

Chopstick
10-13-2004, 09:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>

We never went there did we?

Chopstick
10-13-2004, 10:06 AM
As far as competition goes, for pool or golf, Central Florida is it. You can go into a 7/11 and there will be someone in there who is a top notch player at one or the other. In addition to the players that live here the Florida Tour events are all $7000 added and it draws a lot of top guns down here in the summer. I have to practice two hours a day just to keep from getting stomped on in leagues. I frequently have matches where my opponent never misses a ball the entire match. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

SpiderMan
10-13-2004, 10:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>

We never went there did we? <hr /></blockquote>

Give me a little notice next time you're definitely coming for a long weekend, and maybe we can talk Spetty into opening the doors for a get-together.

SpiderMan

SPetty
10-13-2004, 02:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Give me a little notice next time you're definitely coming for a long weekend, and maybe we can talk SPetty into opening the doors for a get-together.<hr /></blockquote>Hell, like that's a hard thing to do! Just let me know - I'm always looking for an excuse to "open the doors" for a get-together! ('Course, we gotta make sure we don't let out all that fancy air conditioning! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif )