PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's tax "cuts"

highsea
10-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Kerry says he will only raise taxes on those making over 200K/yr. Apparently he intends to insert a new bracket in the IRS schedule.

On the Kerry website, you can download his "detailed" economic plan in a pdf file. This "plan" consists of 6 pages of Bush critisism and 3 pages of "plan". On page 8, he states that he will restore the top 2 brackets to the previous rates. These are 39.6 and 36 percent, respectively. (Bush lowered these to 35 and 33 percent)

The lower of these two rates applies to a single person making $143,500, and a married couple filing jointly that makes $174,700. Thus a two-earner married couple making $87,350 each, will get a tax increase under the Kerry economic plan.

But his website also promises to only raise taxes for those making over 200K, which seems to contradict IRS code. You have to wonder, which is it?

[ QUOTE ]
Jason Furman, a spokesman for the Kerry campaign, reiterated yesterday that the Democratic presidential nominee "is going to extend the tax cuts to every tax unit making up to $200,000 of adjusted gross income."

But what about married couples who file jointly who each make $100,000 and thus would have to pay the higher 39.6 percent marginal tax rate Mr. Kerry proposes?

"I don't think there are many married couples that would be in that bracket, but Kerry would design a deduction to insure that they get to keep the entire tax cut that applies to those under $200,000," Mr. Furman said.<hr /></blockquote>
http://washingtontimes.com/national/20041012-101456-1819r.htm

BTW, the Kerry plan also promises tax cuts to 99% of businesses in America, in the form of a 5% tax cut and eliminating capital gains taxes for businesses.

His health care proposals will cost $653Bn. Education spending will go up by $207Bn. In Kerryspeak, these are "tax cuts", because they're funded by, well umm, a tax increase.

His plan includes a $55Bn. increase in spending for veterans benefits, which is great, but it's "paid for" by eliminating 100,000 private contractors. Hey, we all know how much more efficient the government is that the private sector. He doesn't say what will become of those jobs currently being done privately...I think it's safe to say this is a hidden plan to slash defense spending.

The last page has another $419Bn. in "tax cuts". Every dollar of this is spent on more government programs.

Only a Democrat could call $1.2 Trillion in new spending a tax cut. Just once I'd like to see a Democratic tax cut that actually means I would pay less taxes.

More later....

Wally_in_Cincy
10-13-2004, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr>
...a two-earner married couple making $87,350 each, will get a tax increase under the Kerry economic plan....

<hr /></blockquote>

And damn well right they should be taxed heavily. After all they are the "winners of life's lottery" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or maybe they just busted their nuts in school and/or work and are earning what they rightly deserve

Fair_Play
10-13-2004, 10:05 AM
quote HighSea [ QUOTE ]
I think it's safe to say this is a hidden plan to slash defense spending.
<hr /></blockquote>

quote Spiderman: [ QUOTE ]
I'm actually voting in this election, against Kerry, because of his voting record.
<hr /></blockquote>

It is difficult not to agree with SpiderMan, depending on your own beliefs, of course.

Highsea's judgement fits perfectly with Kerry's voting record on defense.

Kerry seems to feel, IMO, that the United States should hide amongst multi-national coalitons of 'friends' such as France, Germany etc. - the very countries who stabbed us in the back via Oil for Food...

Prostitution and gambling seem to hold a great fascination for Kerry. This is perhaps because he plans to prostitue the office he seeks, and to gamble with our citizens lives by weakening our defenses, and by starting the most liberal tax and spend government in our history.

You do have to say that the man is running true to form, no matter how much he twists and turns, it always results in one thing - Imperial Kerry Rex, get out of my way, Peasant - "Do you know who I am!! I'm Senator Kerry!!!"

Fair Play

highsea
10-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Hey FP,
Kerry has a cow he wants to sell you...He says to meet him in the field at midnight... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fair_Play
10-13-2004, 04:59 PM
HighSea,

ouch... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll bet it is 'no bull'....

Fair Play