PDA

View Full Version : CCBer takes off the 14 under Jr.'

Chris Cass
10-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Hi Everyone,

Spike won the 14 and under event at the Midwest Expo. He also played some with Earl Strictland but Mike Segal tore him up. He tried to beat Mike litterally. hahahaha

http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/showpicture.cfm?eventnum=71&photographernum=1&picn um=4311

http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/showpicture.cfm?eventnum=71&photographernum=1&picn um=4312

http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/showpicture.cfm?eventnum=71&photographernum=1&picn um=4236

Spike wins the cue provided by the Mueller booth. Dannielle from Mueller, I believe is a Mueller was so sweet. She presented the cue to Spike and Spike asked if he could trade it for a case. Well, I wasn't there to stand over him and I would of stopped him from doing that. Anyway, taking one look at Spikes Instroke with the bottom broken out and the clasps missing lid hanging open. Dannielle told him, here take this along with the cue as a combo.

This is the case in the pic. She was so sweet. Wonderful people at the Mueller booth. All kind and willing to help the junior players as well as all of us Googans. lol Later Spike also without me saying anything. Walks up to Dannelle as we were leaving again thanked her for the case. She told him that he was welcome and if he needed any corparate sponsorship to give her a call.

I've bought many things from Mueller in the past. They've been always so helpfull over the phone and got my orders out quickly. Never have they messed up one. I've had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Mueller while she was stuffing catalogs at the VF event. She was very kind.

I went to Dannelle at the booth at VF after I found out I lost my lucky 8 ball key ring I kept on my case handle. Seems I lost the 8 ball part. She told me that they're no longer made. She took my address and mailed out one of her personal one. That's the type of people these Mueller people are. Great booth, products, service and friendly staff. What more could anyone want? I love these people.

BTW, Spike was told to pose that way with Mike by Diana Hoppe. Spike told me he couldn't stop laughing as he tried to look serious for her. I think it would of been funnier with Earl. lol Seems Diana has a very good sence of humor. I like her. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Earl tells Heide that Spike is a Shot. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~proud pool Dad.

Rich R.
10-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Congrats to Spike! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He is a good player and, more importantly, he is a good kid. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Maybe next year, Spike enters the Open and lets the old man sit on the side lines. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
10-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Spike and Heidie look so terrific... Great family pic.

Congrats to SPIKE.. great win for a great kid.

School first, pool second (finishes 1st)

Fasteddy7
10-13-2004, 11:27 AM
And I was there to watch it all. The thing I liked about spike is he was always calm and cool (like efren) You could tell adam was getting a little frustrated. Spike has class and a great stroke. Nice meeting the family and thanks for giving me some pointers Chris.

Barbara
10-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Well good for Spike!!

Tell him congrats from me!!

Barbara

Perk
10-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Congratulations Spike!

I almost new you were going to win, even if you were disappointed that they split the event into to age brackets. Now if you could only work on that Hold-Em game!

Way to make your dad proud! It was a pleasure meeting you and your family.

Steve Lipsky
10-13-2004, 11:45 AM
Way to go, Spike!! We're all so proud of you! It sounds like you had a great tournament. Wish I coulda been there to watch you in the finals.

Anyway, you've got a memory that'll last forever. (Got a feeling mom and dad won't be forgetting it anytime soon, either, lol...)

- Steve

trailboss
10-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Hey Chris... Thanks for posting the pics! I know Spike would't bat Mike with his cue for real, that pic cracked me up! I know you are very proud of Spike and we are too!!! I really hope he continues to play good. Let us know how the Muellers cue is like. Mueller just dosn't get the PR of the other manufactures and I heard they make good cues but, I have never tried one out.

9 Ball Girl
10-13-2004, 12:33 PM
You tell Spike for me that I am EXTREMELY proud of him! Way to go! I'm having one of those days here at work and seeing those pics and reading the story made me fell tons better! Congrats!

Wendy~~~looks like we've got ourselves a poolplayer among us!

Chris Cass
10-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi Trailboss,

It's a low end cue with decals or graphics as some say. It's done very well. The looks are great for the cost and he loves it. He uses it for a break cue and it does break excellent. You know his personal cue is a Schon SL10. 48 pieces of Ivory and rings at A,B,C,D locations. 4 points and hits close to the Boti.

Still, I paid for that one and got a good deal. Like $100. off. The Mueller cue was still a great cue for a kid. Only my kid has to have the things he thinks he needs. Once he got mad and acted up during a tourney. I took his cue away from him and gave him an off the wall cue.

He cried a little and I told him if he wanted to continue playing he'll have to shoot with the off the wall cue. He won the tourney with that cue. Bottom line, the cue doesn't mean much as long as it's straight. You do have to have the confidence in the cue and adjust for deflection. I only wish I could do that.

Just to add. When I started playing I was 15 yrs old. My first cue was a $90. Meucci and it was used and I paid $35. for it. He's like 12 now and 11 when I paid $600. for the Schon. That's way overboard but that's me for ya. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Mueller, gave him a cue that just perfect for that age group. IMHO

Regards,

C.C.~~a great prize for a young winner. great people them Muellers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

trailboss
10-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Thanks Chris... The Schon is a fine cue without a doubt! You were a number one Dad to give that and I know that Spike will always remember that! My Father gave me a very special fishing rod once and I will never forget that speacial gift! Thats what memories are made of. Again, congrats to Spike!

Troy
10-13-2004, 02:08 PM
It's real tough to tell if you're proud..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
HAHAHA...

CarolNYC
10-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Oh SNAP!
Now THATS what Im talking about, ladies and gentlemen-here lies our future champion!

Congratulations Spike,you cutie!I can't wait to give you a hug!

And congratulations to Heide and Chris for raising a fine young man!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RedHell
10-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Chriss,

Congrats to Spike, he sure has a lot of talent, like his dad !!!

Give my best to your family...

BTW, Joy has received your gift. She was really happy and want to thank you sincerely !!!

SPetty
10-13-2004, 02:31 PM
That's AWESOME! Way to go, Spike! You rock!

I guess maybe you do know a thing or two about this game like your dad says!

Thanks for posting the pics, Chris. Those are great.

dg-in-centralpa
10-13-2004, 03:20 PM
Kudos to Spike! Nice to see Mike clown for a photo. I too have had no problem with Mueller and found them pleasant to work with. Hopefully we'll see both of you at Valley Forge next year. Good Luck Spike.

DG - will forfeit if I have to play Spike in the tourney

haywood
10-13-2004, 04:35 PM
I keep waiting to walk into Moline and hear Spike say, "hey Ken, wanna play some? and you get the wild 5?" He's such a good kid. Well mannered and can play really good! I'm glad that he won the tournament. I don't suppose Spike having a mentor like his dad had anything to do with that did it?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
10-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Great photos! Congratulations to Spike! No doubt you are very proud, and I'm proud of him also. A very nice gift especially since it included the case. Muellers is a preferred vendor for me as well.

Jim

Popcorn
10-13-2004, 04:50 PM
Does that mean next year there may be a father son team at the Open? Tell Spike to start practicing.

woody_968
10-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Way to go Spike!!!!!!!

Woody - Wishes he had started at a young age /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ras314
10-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi Chris,

That's really great, congratulations to Spike! And the first pic I've seen of the better half.

Did he get any use out of the jump stick?

Terry
10-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Congratulations to Spike! Chris, you and your family must be very proud of Spikes acheivement as well as yours for getting him there. Best of luck in the future, Terry

PQQLK9
10-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Well!...congratulations to Spike and the entire Cass family. I know you guys are proud and you should be. Heck, I am beaming with joy myself /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Nice pictures of the family too.

JimS
10-13-2004, 07:59 PM
WAY TO GO SPIKE!!

Very happy for the proud parents as well. I just wish I'd have been there to have seen that. Had to get to my grandsons birthdays. Had one turn 6 and another turn 7 this week.

I did watch Dianna set up the pic and Spike was having a great time with Mike & Earl. Nice shot Dianna.

I'm thinkin that Mike will have to work on his game a bit to beat Spike at next years event. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
10-13-2004, 08:56 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif sid

Paul_Mon
10-14-2004, 03:35 AM
Congrats to Spike and the whole family. There's no greater emotion than being a proud parent.

Paul

Chris Cass
10-14-2004, 05:08 AM
Hi Ras,

You got to stay with the better half in VA. LOL Nope, he didn't get a chance that tourney as he didn't have to. Maybe next time. I did see him use it lastnight and yes, he got the hit. Just missed it but he's really liking it. He told me to thank you and yes, it was worth it to give him such a fine cue. He loves it.

Take care,

C.C.

Chris Cass
10-14-2004, 05:12 AM
Hi RedHell,

The gift wasn't nothing but sometimes the little things mean more than the big things. Joy is such a nice person and I could tell the little things in life mean a great deal to her. The reason how I know is because I married a woman that is just the same. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I really enjoyed you both at the VA tourney. You both are such good people.

Regards,

C.C.~~love to Joy from our house. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leviathan
10-14-2004, 05:22 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alan

Chris Cass
10-14-2004, 05:24 AM
Hi Popcorn,

The kids he beat in the tourney were Ryan and Levi Behinkie(sp). There's also Adam and Chad. Adam played in the 18 and under event. These kids are such good buds. The Dad is named Jerry. Jerry has invited Spike to join their team event at the Jr. Nationals.

Jerry has supported his kids in so many events since I've known him. Such a great Dad he is too. What I like the most is that these kids play with their heart on their sleeves and when it's over they'll hang out and play togather.

They're happy for one another and you just can't say enough about it. The next generation of champions if they stick with it. Jerry and I both don't push them. As we've spoke many times togather we both agree that we're there for support and knowledge.

I hadn't planned on breaking Spike out into the Nationals till he reached 13 but, I might just have to. It's hard holding him back because of his determination. He knows school first, then pool. However, he did pull a grade up 2 levels just to attend the Expo. That tells me that he puts pool first. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~the Open is all mine. I will do something in that event if it kills me. I want desperately to take the dang thing off. I'm not kidding.

Voodoo Daddy
10-14-2004, 05:30 AM
CC...kid can play a lil can he? Congrats to him and his happy parents. Like Tom said, SCHOOL FIRST...then pool, X-Box and whatever 12 year old boys like. Tell him I'm proud of him and I need the Orange Crush and the smash...HAHAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo~~~hasnt played in over a year and not sure the 5 and the break is enough

Vagabond
10-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Hi chris,
Congratulations to spike.Chris,u should be proud of him even if he does not win.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
10-14-2004, 05:33 AM
Hi Jim,

Well the pics didn't get my Boti hat in the public view and of course the Boti jacket is on the backside. Ours came out good though. (Sorry Barry) I wore my Boti wear throughout the tourney and all anyone could comment on is where, can I get that wheel gizmo for my case and how much is it? I swear, I think I have something here? lol

We went up looking for you togather at the tourney desk area after I spoke to you earlier. Spike wanted to thank you for the xmas gifts last yr Jim. He loved everything you sent him. BTW, that tip shaper metal thingy is the nuts. It's the perfect tip shape that myself, Heide, Spike, Rod and a few others use. I never would have believed it if I wasn't Spikes and Heide' cue man. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
10-14-2004, 05:36 AM
Hi Vagabond,

I was proud of him the moment he entered the womb. These women don't have any idea how much we men have to go through having a child. You need to let them know this when your in your travels. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~proud of Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA
10-14-2004, 05:43 AM
WoooHooo! Way to go Spike! Congrats to the entire clan, you must be so proud to have raised such a talented and well behaved young man. I'm proud to have shared a table with him.

Brian in VA

Eric.
10-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Wow! Nice shooting, Spike! The kids a killer. Hey if Spike sticks with the game, maybe he can get consideration into one of the colleges that have an ACLU billiards program, one day...

Nice shootin, Spike.

http://www.insidepool.com/article1130.html?POSTNUKESID=7996599b6ab25d6c430da 6de163e59cc

Eric >hopes Heide and Chris had a good tourney too

SPetty
10-14-2004, 09:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>http://www.insidepool.com/article1130.html?POSTNUKESID=7996599b6ab25d6c430da 6de163e59cc<hr /></blockquote>"Christ “Spike” Aiardo, o*ne of three brothers in the Behnke family, took first in the 14-and-under tournament."

Huh? I thought Spike was an only child... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
10-14-2004, 11:26 AM
HAHAHAHA

Who wrote that? Sally? It doesn't matter anyway. Them kids hang with eachother everytime they get togather in all the events. Spike would care less as I do too. They might as well be brothers. lollollol

Poor Jerry thinks he'll have to come up with another entry fee. You know he has 4 shooters besides himself to enter. lol I bet he'll get a kick out of it when he reads it. lol

Congrats to Larry Nevel. He was shooting great. His break made a big differnce there. He has a very powerful break as do a few people out here by me. The difference between the Sardo made it for Larry I'm sure.

Regards,

C.C.

Karatemom
10-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Now don't you start that sh**. And yes, we are proud of him no matter what. He has become a very intelligent, polite, and well mannered young man, without us having to tell him most of the time, LOL.

Heide

JimS
10-14-2004, 07:17 PM
A special warmth and liveliness eminates from those eye of his Heide. There's something there that looks like he's older than 12...he looks wise. I liked the little sh*t from the second I looked into his eyes. I know /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif when I encounter it. He's gunna be ok. He's been around a few times.

Rod
10-14-2004, 07:30 PM
Tell Spike congrats from me. He's gonna be real good some day from everything I see and hear. Great pics BTW. You and Heide have every reason to be proud.

Rod, some of CC rubbed off on him, oh and you to Heide!

Sid_Vicious
10-14-2004, 08:31 PM
You saw too that did ya Jim. I love the obvious...sid

Karatemom
10-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks you two. Ever since he began karate, this boy reeks of confidence. His ego couldn't possibly get any bigger. what's most important though, is that he knows, most of the time, when he can show it off and when he can't, LOL.

Thanks for the kind words. I have the fam picture and the solo picture on my wall at work already!

Heide

Ross
10-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Congrats to Spike on your championship and to you Chris and Heidi for raising a fine kid! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Remember Spike, take care of school first and pool will provide years of enjoyment. I know you will since I've met your parents! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

#### leonard
11-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Voodoo, Chris and Heide have to be so proud of Spike I am just reading the posts. Hope everything is better in Fla now that the Hurricanes are over. ####

Gayle in MD
11-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Congratulations Spike!!!!!!!!! To Chris and Heidi, A big hello, and congrats. he is a terrific little guy. He won my heart over in five minutes. Also, don't worry about Spike and school, he also loves to read.

The pics are great. Best wishes to all.
Love,
Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#### leonard
11-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Heide kids learn politeness/manners the same way you learn pool by observing Great People.####

MikeM
11-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Way to go Spike! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey CC has he asked for the keys to the SouthWest yet? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
11-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi Mike,

LOL No way is he touching the S.W. or the Boti. I bought him a SL-10 Schon. The thing has 48 total pieces of Ivory, beautiful rings with Ivory in them, diamonds with Ivory big and small. I bought it off a friend of mine that collects Schon' and was selling them off. He sold me the cue for $600. What's he do? Slams the thing all over the place. The shaft is dinged up and I don't know how the finish isn't tore up yet but I'll never buy him another cue again. Thank God he won the Jr event and Dannelle Mueller seen it in her heart to just give him a new 3x6 case or he'd be stuck with the Instroke Cowboy I gave him in good condition. That case has no latches left, the bottom cracked and fell out and he dragged it around and throws it around everywhere.

Not with his new case though. He's also started controlling his temper. The kid can miss for nothing and he goes off. He's much better now but I still won't give him anymore equipment. Heck, I started with a $90. used Meucci and paid $45. for it. It was beat to no end and I never had the luxury of a Dad that supported me.

I think he's on his way up now. Better attitude and growing up. Puberty alone is one tough stage for a pool player. lol Funny watching him and Earl play togather. Thought, hmmmm they sure act like brothers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Voodoo Daddy
11-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks ####, the storms "blew" all around us and none of them came withen 100 of Miami. Sadly enough...most of my friends outside the county suffered some kind of home damage from the 4 hurricanes. Lucky me for once!!!

Voodoo~~~wish's #### all the good health during the hoidays

Chris Cass
11-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Hi Voodoo,

Just found out some interesting news today. Turns out our very own David Sapolis is going to make a move to FLA coming soon. He too is fighting the battle with C and is so far still in the race. I hope he gets to see some of the great action out by you Steve and you guys take good care of him.

I'd like to be able to meet him one day and hopefully you too Voodoo. I think both of you deserve a break from everything that's came down.

Regards,

C.C.