PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Medalist

djc
10-14-2004, 11:40 AM
I have never owned a pool table before and am thinking about purchasing a new Brunswick Medalist (8-foot-pro). What pros or cons should I consider? Thanks.

GeorgeV
10-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Talk to both the dealer and Brunswick about its availability. I bought a new Brunswick Gibson a few months ago. I was interesed in a Medalist (nice table, cost half as much), but didn't want to risk it (for warranty purposes) when the dealer told me that Brunswick was discontinuing it. The only difference I could see between the Medalist and the Gold Crown is that the Medalist doesn't have the adjustable feet or the extra adjustment screws for the slates. If it's still available, and you're comfortable with buying a table that might be discontinued, I'd go for it.

djc
10-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Do you know why the Medalist may be discontinued? Was Brunswick unwilling to warrant the table? Thanks.

HallofFame
10-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Hi,

I purchased a used Medalist for $1800 from a Billiard Hall near me, the person who installed the table who works for a Brunswick dealer told me the differences.

No adjustable legs
Skirts around table are plywood
Leg assembly is plywood

There are other cosmetic differences but the rest of the table is made of SOLID WOOD just like the Gold Crown, it is an excellant table although I do hear so creeking when I lean against the table because it is NOT as heavy as the ALL solid wood Gold Crown; but the table DOES NOT move.

Joe

djc
10-14-2004, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the replies.