PDA

View Full Version : Any Brunswick Bradford Owners Out There? Deals?

TERP
10-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Well, I think we've settled on the Brunswick Bradford table...ram head legs...cherry finish...wine colored cloth...1" slate...8'. It was down to this table, an Olhausen, and then really close to buying a bar box, as that is what I shoot on more often than not.

I noticed a few people recently purchased Bradfords, so could you give me some advice regarding out-the-door price? About 200 miles south of here, I saw the same table w/ the 1" slate for $2,600 incl. delivery (in that area; I would have to drop another $200, which isn't bad)...going to use that as absolute top end price, but I am hoping I could get it for a few clams less /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyone have a cheaper deal on one of these?

I got $1900 cash right now, and once the Jets win this weekend, I'll have enough to pay cash, so should be able to get a little better deal, I think...think perhaps $2500 cash for the table, delivery & set-up, and the Centennial set is do'able? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cnw20
10-15-2004, 08:56 AM
I just got a Brunswick Tahoe which is a less expensive table, I think, than the Bradford and it's great. It came with the Brunswick chair also so I would ask if that giveaway is still on.

armandito
10-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Hi, I have a Bradford. 7' because of space in my basement. By the time I looked at the bill it was about $3000 /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.
Then I remembered /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. It included the felt upgrade. Centennial package upgrade. Leather fringe pockets upgrade. And the Pub table and chairs (2).
AWESOME !!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GeorgeV
10-15-2004, 03:50 PM
I had an 8' Brunswick Bradford that I purchased in November 2002. Two things about it that ended up making me a little less than satisfied with it: (1) the wooden rails are pretty narrow (I prefer wider rails like on a Gold Crown), and (2) the balls seem to "rumble" when rolling around. (I'm guessing that was because the design of the wooden aprons (or skirts, or whatever they're called) seemed to create an echo chamber.) I paid about $2800 for it (had some upgraded accessories). After 18 months, I decided I wanted a bigger table, so I had a wall knocked out and traded in the Bradford toward a Brunswick Gibson. Only got $1400 for the trade-in, which is about what I expected to get based on what you see advertised in the paper. If you like skinny hand rails and rumbling balls, I'd say go for it: the price is not out of line (especially since it has a lifetime warranty) if it includes delivery and accessories (balls, rack, cues, cue rack, etc.).

TERP
10-16-2004, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeorgeV:</font><hr> Two things about it that ended up making me a little less than satisfied with it: (1) the wooden rails are pretty narrow (I prefer wider rails like on a Gold Crown) <hr /></blockquote>

Yea, I noticed that, too, and have seen post with people raising this concern; isn't there an upgrade to larger rails for a nominal fee?

TERP
10-16-2004, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote armandito:</font><hr> Hi, I have a Bradford. 7' because of space in my basement. By the time I looked at the bill it was about $3000 /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.
Then I remembered /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. It included the felt upgrade. Centennial package upgrade. Leather fringe pockets upgrade. And the Pub table and chairs (2).
AWESOME !!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Nice /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sounds like you are enjoying that bad boy (more than the Packers this year, eh?) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Do you notice that the rails are a bit too narrow? I could easily adjust to it, so this won't stop me from the purchase...just trying to get the best bang for my $2500 bucks.

Did your Centennial package come with the Centennial cloth? Any idea how much the package runs?

armandito
10-19-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi,
Actually, now that you mention it, yes the rails are narrow, but it doesn't bother me. As far as the rumbling somebody else mentions, I haven't noticed it.
Not a Packer fan, but my (Dallas) Cowboys are not doing good either. Going to the game this weekend, row 8 behind the Cowboys bench!!!
The Centennial cloth was separate. I think the Centennial package was $200, but included the pub table &amp; 2 chairs for $250. The table and chairs are beautiful, and because they match the table perfectly, add a lot to the room. Go to brunswickbilliards.com to see if there's any deals.