PDA

View Full Version : Hey Chicago Area CCBr's ,,,,,,,

JimS
10-14-2004, 07:28 PM
I live downstate....Galesburg. My 3 daughters all setteled within 15 min of Pheasant Run and I get up that way pretty frequently to see them and the grandkids.

I'd love to have a friend to shoot some pool with on occasion so if any of you live anywhere near RT's 59 & 64, or around Butterfield and Farnsworth, or around Lies Rd and County Farm, I'd love to have you pm me or give me a call with phone numbers or something so we could maybe get together some time.

I can be reached at 309-343-2396. That number will ring my office, home and, thanks to the wonders of call forwarding, also my cell phone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jjinfla
10-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Jim,

Go to AZB and check with Sarah Rousey. I believe she is from that area. Just don't mention my name.

Jake

dmgwalsh
10-16-2004, 04:07 AM
I don't really live near your relatives. I live in Tinley Park. Usually on Sunday Mornings, I go shoot for about 3 hours at the illinois Billiard Club in Willow Springs Illinois ( http://illinoisbilliardclub.com/) either alone or with a friend or two. Straight pool is the game of choice there. It's a private club but as a member, I can bring a guest. Table time for members as well as their guests is $4 per hour per man. If you wanted to knock a few balls around some Sunday morning up here, let me know. Dennis

BLACKHEART
10-16-2004, 08:23 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gifHi Jim; One of my daughters live in Carol Stream too. You probably know that there is a 20 table upscale hall, in Bloomingdale, which is 15 minutes away from Carol Stream, on rt. 64. Give me a call next time you're going by Peru, on rt. 80. We have a new 7 table hall in Spring Valley(10 minutes away) & maybe we can play play a few games & tell some lies. Just the other day DAVE, who posts here, said he would like to meet you, as well as some of the others who post here...JER

JimS
10-17-2004, 06:08 AM
Thanks Jake. I had forgotten about Sarah. She's from Bloominton which is only about 100 miles down the road from where I live and she does play out of a hall somewhere around Chicago. I'll check with her. I'm sure she could teach me a thing or two!

JimS
10-17-2004, 06:09 AM
Hi Dennis

Thanks for your reply and for the invite. Sunday mornings are usually reserved but I'll certainly remember you are in the area and maybe we can get together.

JimS
10-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Hi Jer!

I take 88 to get here but as I type I realize I could take 80 to 39 and that way be able to stop and see you on the way up or back! 39 comes through your town doesn't it?

I'd love to see you again and meet Dave.

We're getting a new hall in Galesburg too. Billiards on Main will open in a week or two. Upscale bar & grill with 8 new GC's and a couple bar tables. Hope it lasts but knowing Galesburg's history when it comes to pool and with the recent loss of the last two large manufacturing plants in town I have great fears about how long the new hall can last. Maybe the lack of interest I've seen is because of not having a nice place to play? The "upscale" part will either make or break the place. I'll do my part but....

BLACKHEART
10-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Rt. 80 is a 1/2 mile north of my house & rt. 39 is 2-3 miles east of here...JER

JimS
10-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Perfect Jer. I can slide up 39 and catch 88 to
Aurora/Carol Stream where the kids live.

I wrote down your number when you posted it for someone else the other day so I'll be in touch.

BLACKHEART
10-17-2004, 08:59 PM
That's the way I go...JER