PDA

View Full Version : 8-foot Coin-Ops, Seen Any?

Sid_Vicious
10-15-2004, 10:05 AM
A player from Oregon talked today about 8' coin tables, I've never seen one, have you???sid

SecaucusFats
10-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Yes, 8 ft coin-ops are made by Valley-Dynamo, Great American, and Diamond. I have played on a number of the Valley, and Dynamo, 8 ft tables in local bars and pubs.

SF

Troy
10-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Sure have. In about '95 I worked in a bar with two 8' coin-op Valleys. They actually layed pretty good.

Troy

Mr Ingrate
10-15-2004, 11:02 AM
All the coin-ops here are 8 foot. Seems to be the standard in most places in Canada. Not everything is bigger in Texas, eh!

Deeman2
10-15-2004, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> All the coin-ops here are 8 foot. Seems to be the standard in most places in Canada. Not everything is bigger in Texas, eh! <hr /></blockquote>

Only our hats are taller! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Deeman
all hat, no cattle....

PoolFool
10-17-2004, 10:30 AM
Sid, Salute's has 4 8ft. coin ops. As you know I played there for about 8 years. I have not been back in about 3 mo. because they put red cloth on the tables. I will not play on red. Salute's is on the corner of Frankford and Midway if you want to check them out.

PoolFool

Sid_Vicious
10-17-2004, 10:48 AM
RED! That's putrid to think about. Neither Spidey or myself has ever seen one of these 8' jobs, I'll drop in just for a quick game sometime. Where do you play now Poolfool?

I still haven't tried your cleaner but might today now that I remembered it. Thanks...sid

highsea
10-17-2004, 12:19 PM
I would say 90% of the coin-ops in the Puget Sound area are 8 footers. I only know of 2 or 3 places that have 7 footers.

Fred Agnir
10-17-2004, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> A player from Oregon talked today about 8' coin tables, I've never seen one, have you???sid <hr /></blockquote>The majority of coin-op tables in my area (North Worcester County, MA) are 8' tables. It all depends on who is the entertainment/amusement/jukebox company in your area.

Fred

SpiderMan
10-18-2004, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> They actually layed pretty good.
Troy <hr /></blockquote>

Troy, what were you doing on those tables?

SpiderMan

Barbara
10-18-2004, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> They actually layed pretty good.
Troy <hr /></blockquote>

Troy, what were you doing on those tables?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

I dunno Spidey, but he's also talking about "protesting rubber". Protesting rubber? (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=160954&amp;page =0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

Barbara

Rich R.
10-18-2004, 08:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> They actually layed pretty good.
Troy <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr>Troy, what were you doing on those tables?
<hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>I dunno Spidey, but he's also talking about "protesting rubber". <hr /></blockquote>
"Things that make you go, Hmmmmmmmmmmm?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif