PDA

View Full Version : Pool tables......Saturday on the History Channel

Wally_in_Cincy
10-15-2004, 12:18 PM
<font color="blue">An alert poster at AZB spotted this </font color>

History Channel Saturday Oct.16 5:30 pm

How did Abe Lincoln, Mark Twain, Buffalo Bill, Teddy Roosevelt, General George Custer, Frank Sinatra, Humphrey Bogart, and Bill Clinton unwind from affairs of state or stage? They racked 'em up and fired their best break shot. The A.E. Schmidt Company in St. Louis, Missouri has produced handmade pool tables for over 150 years. Through dedication and pure craftsmanship, these 8-pocket beauties are made by order, one at a time. At the factory in St. Louis, host Ron Hazelton cuts, mills, and stains wood; installs mother-of-pearl inlays; assembles and levels the bed; and visits a pool hall to install rubber bumpers and woolen felt to create a classic table. And after a bit of coaching from a resident pool shark, he learns to sink an amazing trick shot--eight ball, hip pocket!

<font color="blue">8 pockets? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

PQQLK9
10-15-2004, 01:54 PM
<font color="blue">and visits a pool hall to install rubber bumpers and woolen felt </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I'm sure he means "cushions" and "cloth". /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ives
10-15-2004, 02:11 PM
very cool, thanks for the heads up, yet another pool related show to set the vcr for.

Ives hopes to find Tivo in his stocking this christmas /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jimmy B
10-16-2004, 12:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ives:</font><hr>
Ives hopes to find Tivo in his stocking this christmas /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Go with the replay TV it's much better, I have both and the Tivo lacks a few things that the replay does well.

JB

SPetty
10-16-2004, 09:19 AM
My Dish preview says:
"Billiards Education. (2004) Since 1845, Brunswick's name has been synonymous with high-end pool tables. New. (CC)"

Barbara
10-16-2004, 09:46 AM
I've got the DVR set up!!

Woohoo!!

Barbara

Vagabond
10-17-2004, 06:18 AM
America`s sixth president is the one who first installed a pool table in the White House( 1825).The price of the table was 50 $.Cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ives
10-17-2004, 09:29 AM
Well i watched the show, and it was ok. Interesting to watch a table being made in different steps of the process. But for the most part i was a little disappointed. I guess i was expecting more.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-18-2004, 05:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> America`s sixth president is the one who first installed a pool table in the White House( 1825).The price of the table was 50 $.Cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

and I'm pretty sure he caught hell for it from the public IIRC

he really got ripped for spending $20 on 4 cues also. there was a political cartoon about it I saw somewhere.