PDA

View Full Version : Rules changes?

vliam
10-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Well, if memory serves me, the freeze on rules changes for the BCA/VNEA and I suppose by extension the ACS, ends at the end of the year. I take some pride in being well versed in the rules applied to different events. As such, I was curious as to whether we can expect any changes in the coming year. I would guess that the freeze will be extended due to the split which was unexpected in 1999. I think there are probably a couple of things that should be addressed but likely won't be. Just looking for information/input from the community.

randyg
10-15-2004, 03:52 PM
What would the "Split" have to do with the rules?.....randyg

Tom_In_Cincy
10-15-2004, 06:23 PM
The BCA use to have a rules committee. This committee was disbanded when the BCA standardized on the World Pool and Billiards Association rules.

Now that the end of the 5 year ban on rule changes has expired, the WPBA is begining to re-write the rules.

If I am not mistaken, Bob Jewett has been contacted by the WPBA to oversee the rule updates and re-writes.

As far as the ACS is concerned, they also abide by the WPBA rules.

Leviathan
10-16-2004, 07:00 AM
'Lo, Tom. I hope it's as you say; Bob Jewett has the knowledge and writing skills to do the job right.

AS

vliam
10-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Let me say, I can't think of a single person that I would rather have working on rules changes. Jewett is my hero.

Bob_Jewett
10-18-2004, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote vliam:</font><hr> Let me say, I can't think of a single person that I would rather have working on rules changes. Jewett is my hero.
<hr /></blockquote>
You must lead a strange, troubled life. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
10-19-2004, 07:50 AM
But the real question is how many beers will it take to get the rules ironed out? Byrne states that it took 1.374 per researcher when you guys were working on cue ball speed in his garage back in 1989.

I just happened to be re-reading that page of his book this morning.

Jake