PDA

View Full Version : 8 Ball strategies

bluey2king
10-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Hello; I got waxed playing a lower ranked player because she was better at her defense and set up of the table. I saw my run went for it and hooked myself by 1/4" behind her ball. I gave her ball in Hand because I missed. She was set with two easy shoots and the eight. I like to be offensive (I take a shower **S**). I am trying to make my first Break and run. At this point I think I need to slow down and brush up on my Strategies. Please pass on any info or articles.
Bluey2King

Leviathan
10-16-2004, 12:16 PM
You might check out this thread:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=159476&page=1&v iew=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

There's some general discussion of these points and a couple of books are recommended.

bluey2king
10-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Thanks real good info there....just call me ex-CowBoy!! I like what Red Hell said..."I can't remember who said it but:"8-ball is like war and your balls are your soldiers, the more balls you make, the less soldiers you have to fight with..."
I think I just was still excited from wining a close 9 ball match. jumped over to the 8 ball table and playing a lower opponet made the mistake of under estimating her! Thanks for your feedback Leviathan
Bluey2King