PDA

View Full Version : Hacking, anyone?

bluewolf
10-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Someone,not that yappinwolf whoever that is, someone much more vicious, unleashed a bunch of criminal hackers on my computer. I do have a good firewall, but still. Some of these hackers are so good, they do not even give a location, isp or anything.

I do not think that they have gotten real serious yet. They are just trying to get through my firewall or trick me by ip spoofing to let them in. Even though I have a mac, it does have a unix kernal. If anybody knows anything else I can do, please post or pm.

For, now have backed up my software, docs etc, and trying to get on only when I think the really bad hackers are not awake /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Laura

highsea
10-17-2004, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>...and trying to get on only when I think the really bad hackers are not awake /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Laura <hr /></blockquote>Lol, Laura, no need to reply to me, but...

1. Address space probes are very common. It doesn't mean you are being targeted specifically. These are automated probes by spammers looking for open SMTP relays, so staying offline until you "think they are asleep" won't do anything. If you have a good firewall, it will log these attempts and block them automatically. The originating address is always spoofed, and the firewall will recognize this.

2. If you really think you are being targeted, notify your ISP.

3. Hire a security expert to program your firewall. Block unused ports and set outgoing and incoming filters.

4. Don't advertise your OS.