PDA

View Full Version : Howabout cleaning cue joints?

adc
10-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi!

I've been meaning to ask this, but just remembered after reading on how to clean the cue shaft. How do you clean the cue joints?

My cue has a brass joint, and I would really really like to clean it, make it nice and shiny, not to mention that I've been told that dirt on the joint affects the impact consistency (?) or something like that. But even for just pure aesthetics, could somebody advise on that?

I will not take sandpaper to the joint though, is there another way of doing do?

Chris Cass
10-17-2004, 09:17 PM
I don't know that it would effect consistancy. Wouldn't think so. I use Brasso on the pin and if you have a shaft with a brass insert? I would probably use the same on a cuetip swab. Don't get it on the finish. Oh, I don't suggest it on the collar part. I never have did one on the collar. If your talking collar shining? I think that has to be spinned on a fast pace leathe. Jacoby told me once that he spins it at a fast pace and uses 800 grit on up to 1000 grit. The speed of the leathe is very important from what he told me.

C.C.

stickman
10-17-2004, 09:42 PM
I use alcohol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif